New Player Guides

As of starting this thread I am a new player and id like to write up a few guides that apply to all chapters of alliance so new players wont have to suffer with the basics of the game. Please let me know if I go into my chapters rules or if I get something wrong.

Guide 1 Experience points Page 50 of the player handbook

If you are starting out as a new PC(Player Character) who hasn't done any NPC(Non-Player Character)ing, you will start your character with 15BP(Build Points) Level 1 with 6 body points you could have additional or less points depending on race, body points are how many points of damage you can take after your armor has been poped(broken) by taking damage. To get your armor refitted(repaired) you can ask any blacksmith to repair it for you, all blacksmiths will do this for free in my chapter. Build points are what you use to buy skills ie(In example): One Handed Edge weapon for Fighter class is 5BP or First aid 2BP for any class. You earn EXP(Experience) by attending events, blanketing events, or doing a monthly blanket.

Note: Calculations below assume you are attending a 1 day event your first time.
The amount of EXP gained for each event or blanket is calculated by multiplying your current BP by the number of days the event took. So for your first event you have 15BP x 1 day = 15 EXP

The amount of build points you gain from getting EXP is determined by an equation. The Z in this equation is taken from a table on page 50 of the players handbook or the table at the bottom of this post and corresponds to what level you are at.
For Level 1, Z=3

EXP gained divided by Z equals BP gained ie 15 EXP gained / 3(Z) = 5BP gained

Technical note: to calculate Z if you don't want to use the table on page 50 of the players handbook you can use the formula (LVL X LVL)/2 + (2.5 X LVL) = Z

To see if you have went up a level you can look at the same chart on page 50 in the players handbook you will see a range of BP for each Level, for Level 1 this is 15-24, Level 2 is 25-34. Your BP at the end of your first event will be 20 so you will still be lvl 20.

Technical note: You can also determine your level by subtracting your BP by 5 then dividing by 10 rounding down.

To recap, you have 20BP at the end of your first event and will have a total of 15 EXP

Abbreviations
BP(Build Points)
EXP(Experience)
ie(In example)
NPC(Non-Player Character)ing
PC(Player Character)

Lvl, Z
1, 3
2, 7
3, 12
4, 18
5, 25
6, 33
7, 42
8, 52
9, 63
10, 75

Hey there, Nick!

A few of us are currently working on a project that is intended to assist new players become more comfortable with our rules and prepared to play the game. Thank you for your ideas!

Because I'm feeling unusually helpful today ~.^

Welcome, Nick! Here's a link to what Evan's talking about:

http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/new-player-section.32057/

It may be helpful to lend your voice there as a new player. It'll also help the topics stay cohesive and not split apart.

Good luck, and hopefully we'll see you in Oregon at some point!

Back