New player questions

As in i have some and while im sure there are technical answers somewhere i have not found them.
My first question is how big should or can a shield really be?
Second, so we all start with cloth armor and a dagger? Am i getting that right also?
Third, so if i take say 3 levels in blacksmithing than every game day id get 15 points to spend? How many days go by between events?
Sorry if these are dumb questions, thanks for all the help.

Hello Angry Crag,

My first question is how big should or can a shield really be?
Max surface area of a shield is 531 square inches. Maximum dimension in any direction is 36 inches

Second, so we all start with cloth armor and a dagger? Am i getting that right also?
You start with as much Armor as you can rep. Your armor will be evaluated and you will be given a tag your first game. You start with weapons based on your weapon skills. So if you have archery and one handed edge to start you could have a bow/crossbow and a sword.

Third, so if i take say 3 levels in blacksmithing than every game day id get 15 points to spend? How many days go by between events?
You'd have 15 production points as base per logistics period, though you can "batch" and increase that number by paying more money per point. The number of days between events isn't really relevant to this skill, because you don't get production in downtime, but each event is typically two logistics periods ("Game days"), though sometimes three.

Back