New star in the sky above

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings All,

I hope that this dream reaches you all well. I have been told that there is a new star in the sky in your lands. This is incredibly interesting. I would like to know all of the details.

I am a skilled astrologer and mathimitican, and I am incredibly facinated by the prospect of a new body in the heavens.

Is the celestial body fixed? If it moves how much so? Can you only see it during a specific time of night? Perhaps in the evening or just before sunrise? Is it a specific color? Does it blink? Any details would be gteatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lady FallingStar

Greetings Lady Fallingstar,

We have indeed noticed a recent addition to the celestial sphere, and have wondered as to it's portent.

What we know so far is little, but I'm happy to share with you what I know.

The star is very bright, directly west of our regular gatherings, low on the horizon, and does not move with the rest of it's brethren.

It is visible all night, and only is obscured by the light of the full sun.

As for color, none have remarked about any specific color, and it's light is steady, if disconcertingly bright.

I had intended to inquire with our local Ohkade (Celestial Fire Elemental) contact about it's significance, but recent events have turned my attention elsewhere.

If I do come across any other information, I'll be sure to pass it along.

~Alexander Fairfax

Alexander Fairfax,

From what you have described about the celestial object it is not a star. Stars twinkle and always rotate, unless you are at either of the poles on Fortannis. Even our pole star Polaris moves ever so slightly as the planet rotates around the sun. You are not at the pole are you? And is there a zenith star for your location? Sorry, I got ahead of myself.

The fact that the object in question does not move along the celestial sphere is quite exciting. What is even more interesting is that it is visible in that same location, * sounds giddy and excited in the dreaming * the implications of such an orbit are mind boggling; not to mention the astronomical portents should be read indeed. Any information that can be provided would be wonderful and I am glad to help. Please, keep me informed.

Thank you so very much,
Lady FallingStar

*A dream opens and speaks quickly as if they had dreamed unintentionally*

You'll confuse zhem Lidia. Likely if anyzhing it is an Aetherial disturbance caused by Fortanis' drift twards zhe plane of flame zhis time of year.

Parallax...

A non orbiting star iz a portent of calamity or zhe monument of a great spirit passing into zhe graveyard.

Aether niet jor tuam tor kas

Shan to Kor....

KIST!

I'll have zhe calculations completed by tomorrow!.... Or maybe zhe day after.... Promise!

-Beryl R.T.

Back