Non-magic items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Artisan
When I put out non-magical items, should the player be able to request an item tag (as if it were a magic item) with the worth printed on it? Should they just be given an Evaluate Item List? The book says items from other chapters 'are complex and may not be able to have a value placed on them immediately,' but is that just because inter-chapter items are just unreasonable to manage since they aren't normally tagged? Should someone without the merchant skill be able to view the item's worth on the tag?

Dave said:
When I put out non-magical items, should the player be able to request an item tag (as if it were a magic item) with the worth printed on it? Should they just be given an Evaluate Item List? The book says items from other chapters 'are complex and may not be able to have a value placed on them immediately,' but is that just because inter-chapter items are just unreasonable to manage since they aren't normally tagged? Should someone without the merchant skill be able to view the item's worth on the tag?

Technically speaking, if it doesn't have an evaluate code on it, it doesn't have any in-game value whatsoever. Yes, that means that if you get a very fancy piece of jewelry as a magic item, the jewelry itself has no innate value besides "whatever you can persuade another person to pay for it because it's pretty".

Personally I love it when a MI comes out with a separate evaluate code on it, but it's by no means required.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back