November 2.0 Playtest PreReg - Due 11:59PM November 11

Event Date: November 16-18

Alright folks, the Character Management Application (CMA) is up and running, so we can open prereg up to people now. There might be a few hiccups, but we'll handle it as we go.

Things to do to prereg for this event:

PC's
1. Pay! http://alliancedenver.com/register

2. Create your character on https://alliancedb.herokuapp.com/users/sign_in
You will probably need to create a new password. Go to Password Reset first. Once you log in, if your email matches what we have on file like I recently mentioned, you should be able to view your character(s). THERE IS NO BACK OR DELETE BUTTON. I can do a full build reset, but I don't want to outside rare exceptions so try not to make me! Any practice should be done on the free access version of the CMA or the spreadsheet. Contact logistics ASAP if you log in and have no character info with which to make a character or cannot log in. Fixing this CANNOT be done at the last minute.

3. Click on Events, find the Denver November event, and register. This option may not be available yet but I am trying to get it up ASAP. YOU CAN DO THIS NOW. Doing this does not lock in your version of the character. You can keep making changes until I pull your sheet down to prep for game. I will not pull character cards until a few days before game.

4. We don't have the normal pre-reg form anymore, so this month is a bit different.
Make a copy of this Google Sheet, fill out all applicable tabs, and either: include a View link on the Notes section of your event registration in Step 3, or email Logistics with the link to view your completed copy.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TJiuxxX6C7WQcVwVhQ26nU2-xW8BRdbHVDtfO1_9lGo/edit?usp=sharing
Those who are unable to use the Sheet may follow the NPC's path below. Its REEEAALLY so much better for your logistics team though if you use the Sheet from above.

NPCs
You can use the Sheet process above, or fill out a quick Form linked below. If you are an NPC this is the only step you will need to take. Many of you will have character info on the CMA though, so feel free to play around with it to test as well.
https://goo.gl/forms/ChbDZ057LeBNozfs1

Things to note:
-Instead of the normal 100GS that players can spend on production items, this month everyone gets a 500 Production Point budget, which may be paid for with any combination of coin and GS instead of just GS, to get new items to test. We are not trading in/swapping old tags yet because this is just a playtest.

-Builds which have more OCS skills than the same character did in October have a strong chance of being denied, unless the OCS purchase fits an established pattern. The purpose of this event is to test the new rules, not to exploit mechanics of the playtest process itself.

-The registration window is tight on this due to how late I have put everything out. This happened for a variety of reasons, and I have no plans to punish the players for it. If you make a good faith effort to get things in order before the deadline then I will be extremely lenient on the late fee.

-Testing two builds (not two characters). If you want to try two different builds, swapping at logistics reset, the plan is to let people do this. Look a few posts down this thread on what to do.

-Traveling players: Look a few posts down this thread on what to do.

-There is an option for you to buy the November monthly blanket in the CMA. This is ok, but you need to know that this version of the CMA will be wiped not long after our game and logistics will have no record of this. You must still follow the normal procedure to have the blanket stay on your card.

-Reminder, the CMA is being tested and worked on still too. Your permanent character card is still housed in the same ol' database.

Read all the posts after this one as well for updates.

Last edited:
Some helpful advice. If you're playing a caster you need to selected a primary school.
You can do that by clicking Set Primary School.
Screen_Shot_2018-11-01_at_7_34_55_AM.png
If you're a Denver player, and you can't login. Do not create an account. Reach out to logistics or myself and we'll get you squared away. This makes it a bit easier on me to get you setup.

If you need help, can't get something to work, or whatever. You can also reach out to me directly.

A couple additions from questions I've received:

-When you go to log in to the CMA for the first time, you first need to first reset your password.

-Magic Items: there is nothing fancy happening here for the playtest. Each ritual you have that is going away may be converted to one of the new rituals to test on 1:1 basis. You should still list your rituals that are not changing as well.

I've had some folks contact me about setting up that 2nd build. I thought things worked a certain way and turns out I may have been wrong. Stay tuned while I sort it, and we might have to do that 2nd day a bit different.

Ok, so I goofed pretty bad. I thought I would be able to manually edit character XP or add quick event blankets for people on the CMA. Not the case at all. So, here's how we're going to do this:

TRAVELERS, 2ND BUILDS, PEOPLE WITH NO CMA ACCOUNT, AND PEOPLE WITH PERMISSION FROM ME:
-Go to the free-play version of the CMA at: https://freeplay.alliancelarp.com
-Create your character with the correct name and appropriate amount of XP, and then buy all of your skills
-Right click on the window and Print your character to pdf
-Send the pdf and the link to your PreReg form (if not already sent in) to acarthialogistics@gmail.com

Your pdf needs to have all sections visible from Character Name down through all Purchased Skills. I do not need to see anything from Fluid Classing and below. If you need help with this shoot me a message.

There are people trying to get some last minute blankets on their cards. I don't have a good way to add these now. Talk to me and we'll see what we can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to do the free CRM but that one doesn't recognize my email. The official CRM doesn't show any character info for me. I tried creating a new character, but it won't let me input the actual level and experience I have, etc.

I tried to do the free CRM but that one doesn't recognize my email. The official CRM doesn't show any character info for me. I tried creating a new character, but it won't let me input the actual level and experience I have, etc.

Not sure if you got this figured out or not. The official CRM won't let you edit XP on characters. The free CRM won't recognize your email, so you have to create a new account. The free one will let you create a character and set the character XP from the character page view, there's a button at the bottom of the page.

Sorry, I was traveling all weekend so couldn't get to this earlier.

The Freeplay version of the CMA doens't have any info. You can register for your account.

Send me a private message with your email, name and characters and I'll look and see why you don't have nay character info.

I think we're sorted for now Chris. We connected via another medium. I believe it was from not having an email in the db.

Back