November favorite moments and other links!

HalveElven

Here is your favored moments thread! For those of us not able to be there, or not able to be there long, please post what you enjoyed so that we know what happened that you liked.

For those that want to do an IBGA here is the link! http://goo.gl/forms/jFXuflRnmb5bD14S2

Here is the generic feedback for this month. http://goo.gl/forms/GtlxDY2PywpauzMt2

Since I wasnt at the closing ceremonies I am not sure about deadlines, but I would say 2 weeks before the next event. (feb castle day). But remember, the more time we have to work on it the more time we have to think up good responses for what you send in

After not being able to attend for the whole year it was great to get back into it. Even if I was a bit rusty on a few things.
Orphan mod was interesting and led to many great jokes and the wonderful coining of a new term Potionboarding.
Saturday night fight was brutal but memorable, even if Wulfric was in the Mages Guild watching the place while the golem went to fight.
Going back in time and having to make a decision based between your morality and orders given...really fun roleplay.
Watching as fox licked to claim a dragon....
The wonderful food.

Thank you everyone for the fun weekend, so glad to be able to come back finally.

Pretty frazzled yet, but going to try my hand at this...
  • So many morality-choice mods. I'm a big fan of anything that forces a player to evaluate their character's mindset on things. These don't just let you learn more about your own character, but a TON about other characters. There were some big surprises this weekend.
  • The drama that came with struggling to save the ducal family from attackers that we don't know well enough to predict. All three of those mods were great, but I particularly adored the Johnathon and duchess-saving mods. The duchess-saving mod was one of the more difficult RP challenges I've had in a LONG time. Never thought Lagarde would end up as a hostage negotiator.
  • The orphanage. The mod itself was pretty straightforward, but the meltdown among the PCs regarding what to do and why to do it was fairly impressive. As far as I can tell, there are two versions of that story: "We stole from a bunch of orphans who were being cared for by an old lady" and "we saved a bunch of orphans from a hag that was torturing them." Rather different stories...
  • The ogre/orc raids on the tavern were brutal, but wonderfully statted for the situation. Loved them.
  • And yes...talking a dragon into willingly letting me lick it (without lying to it). Definitely won that bet. ;)
Had an amazing time. Kind of sad to see the season end, though I think we all needed a breather.

Had a wonderful time NPC'ing this event with everyone. I'm not going to go through a breakdown of any individual moments but I felt like this event had a fantastic balance between challenging meaningful battles, great role play including humor and sadness, and a couple of great "oh ****!" moments. Unlike some of the other events where the time travel felt like it didn't matter much, I felt like it was handled great this event. The PC's had to go back and make difficult decisions that meaningfully impacted the present. Thanks for a great season everyone, can't wait until next year.

P.S.

Sorry for all the death's

I had a really great event.... but for now I can only leave one very cryptic favorite moment:

- Teaching 5th level celestial spells to another player.

So many and a month later will be difficult... however,

the tavern Dargok fight
all the moral dilemma/time jump mods I marshaled and the angry faces I told the players the time elemental was making as they did silly things to upset it.
duchess' kidnapping... twice....
the RP between Sir Jared and folks "in the know"
the RP between Derek and I on Sunday as Sir Jared revealed and his long time friend. .. and the RP between PCs "not in the know" as all the shocked faces went up to Sir Jared to ask confirming questions. It was very Babylon 5 to me and I loved it.
the look on everyone's faces when the cave was destroyed... and then the feels... and then the level of hope that rose with this defeat.

oh the feels on Sunday!

Looking forward to 2017!

Jesse

Back