Oct. Event Favorites!

A.mungo

Scout
Marshal
Atlanta Staff
I want to start out by saying thank you to Emily for bringing up the option of NPC'ing to me. I had a Tigantic (Tie-jan-tic) amount of fun. While I was sad to not be with my gypsy brethren (You're my boy blue!), I survived my first trip into NPC'dom and wanted to point out some specifics I enjoyed, allowing you all to follow them up with things you liked as well ;)

1. Shelk; the Walmart of the golden horn ;) (Buy local!)

2. Alcondar; Humans apparently have so little to say to each other they apparently don't have the time (or enough to say) to just write a letter.

3. Killian; So next time before you jump, try to make sure that rope is attached I guess ;)

4. Roan; sometimes its just hard to not sound shady...sometimes.

5. Flynn; we got a spot for you in our strawberry patch any time you want it buddy.

6. Bowie, Meeko, Vavarik, and CLJ; That cider gets us a little crazy. Free trips for any of you to land of rich monsters, whenever you like. (We will even give you a discount on the trip back!)

7. As an aside, thank you to Bryan G. If you ever want to fight the most polite foe on the field ever, Bryan is your guy ;). In all honesty, every time I see you on the field, I appreciate you looking out for us where you can.

8. Lastly, Plot and NPC's (old and new). Thank you all for being so welcoming. We loved the experience.

Tony

Apparently I like winky faces.

Holy crap I had a great event. Thanks to everyone in attendance! I am sorry I had to bail in the early morning and miss closing, although my wife's birthday is pretty important.

Things are never slow on the council. Any lulls were filled with meetings, talking to new PCs, being the law and the welcoming committee.

Black and Alcandar coming up with the best nickname ever that is a little too crude to post on these forums for the invincible "Legion" undead thingy.

Amanda you broke my heart as Kiah, kudos to you for your acting ability. Great misdirects all around for that plotline.

My personal RP award goes to Brian J for Ashok's fall into painful anger. SHUT UP! GIVE ME SOME TEA! Seeing you run into combat like a madman was great.

Legion times were wonderful. All of the RP in the cabin as well as on the field was some of the most immersive, touching, and awesome RP of my career. Lizzy you are a wonderful addition to our house.

The southern style Councilgast was amazing. Hearing the coin shattering in my ears as I dumped 2 ss eviscerates into it. Seeing Roan's face when she inevitably took my sword in order to fight it was priceless. Then the disgusted, practically throwing my sword at me moment, when she was done.

The new NPCs and PCs did a fabulous job.

Little and Silverleaf were really great additions to the game. The dedicated merchants that were ALWAYS in the tavern added a new level of immersion. Hey plot, sell them the tavern. :thumbsup:

Close calls with Killian, successful rituals, blown rituals, and the aftermath was great.

Roan continues to make my events better, so thanks Carmen.

The new high ogres and orcs were freakin' amazing. Kudos to Matt, Ben, Chloe, and Britt.

Thanks Adam and the rest of the plot team for the plot with my IG sister. They were all giving you the credit for that Adam and I was sad to see that you couldn't make. Take care and get better soon, my friend.

There are many more but I am tired and the list is getting long.

The new high orcs. I was touched when I came back Friday night to find out that they were about to go out and try to rescue me! Also, "We will keep hitting you until it works!"

Kiah and the surrounding intrigue. I was mostly on the outside looking in for that stuff, but it's the choices to which there are no easy answers that define a character. Props to Amanda for really selling the emotions in that.

"Not the Sad Man" Morrow, as much as it kept me from returning to sleep Saturday morning. I enjoyed the extra stress it put on situations, and the extra insight it provided. I also enjoyed the different names for people, although it took Wisdom repeating it for me to realize you were saying "coyote", and not some made-up word from Vancar. The coyote and the wolf: Best metaphor for a character dynamic ever.

Angry Ashok, from the unusual annoyance at people trying to help, to the aftermath of Saturday night.

Friday night Jack. Being enslaved and mind-wiped can change someone; kudos for running with that.

The anger, oh the anger. From the beginning irritation ("Well, to us normal emotional people, you come off as being irritated pretty much all the time.") to everyone tiptoeing around him as he fell deeper and deeper. Why you didn't knock him out or confine him during the final moments, I don't know, but thank you for it.

Prashka & angry Ashok get their own entry. From simple role reversal "Come on, give in, hit me, it will make it better" to baiting me into her mind at the worst (and best) possible moment, to the aftermath and the incredible possibilities for future roleplay.

Little & James, you were awesome and incredible all around.

Black's therapy and Willem. Worst timing to get diseased with anger ever. Ashok rage quitting on the therapy because he couldn't deal made me happy inside. The subtle but important changes in Black that it created, that we will continue to see evolving, really excite me. Great job Bill!

Jack & mind power phobias, that's a can of worms Ashok just can't let sit.

I was mostly on the outside for Kiah, but Amanda once again shows that she can toy with your emotions masterfully.

Granted, I played more of a support role through this weekend I did have a few moments.

A: rolling into the tavern as Grimvold to fill in the players with a map and then dropping the missing Baron. Trying to plant the seeds and get things hooked for the next day, only to have Bryan and Ron push for 'Now. We got to go now.' JP and Cymryc rolled with it like a boss and put together a very good mod for the players, imo.

B: Grimvold being brought back and being center for the wonder and doubt amongst the players. Gave me a very new perspective on how much it can suck wondering if things are successful or not. It was also very cool because the PCs that were on said mission just hung at MC for a good hour just talking amongst themselves and the NPCs.

C: some of the Kiah intrigue. I was only on the end of one part of it, but the mixed intrigue made for some great interactions.

Thanks to all the players, the NPCs that saw everything through. Great troopers all around. Good to see so many new faces, hope to see you all again.

SkollWolfrun said:
It was also very cool because the PCs that were on said mission just hung at MC for a good hour just talking amongst themselves and the NPCs.
We had to walk back!

I also like how Grimvold hooked that. "Are you guys missing a dark elf?"

Hooray for politics! I was somewhat happy to be thrown under the political bus on Friday night (or did it just feel that way to me?)-- nothing like an emotional/political encounter to force me to get into character faster.

Jack and Ashok were pretty fantastic at roleplaying their disease issues! (I'm sure others were too, but those two I really noticed!)

Orcs and Ogres! Oh my! Everyone really went above and beyond on the aggression/barbaric aspects of those races and that was fantastic!

Thanks to Plot for rolling with some Sat. night PC-induced changes. I know that can be hard and I appreciate the effort.

Black and Roan are on the same page more than I realized; thanks Bill for all the RP!

As always, the PCs/NPCs I got a chance to RP with (too many to list) were all fabulous, creative encounters and those really made my event.

~Carmen

Wow. Let me see what I can bring up that hasn't already.

Having Ashok/Wisdom attempt a therapy session with Black on Friday night, only to have unexpected consequences the next day.

The unexpected consequences on Saturday morning: Playing a ten (or maybe 11) year old precursor to Black, and watching PCs react. Poor Ashok/Wisdom...

Fighting Mr. (Censored) and feeling effective even though we just couldn't kill him. Thanks to Roan for forcing me to use her sword. Yay Earth!

Helping Alcandar name Mr. (Censored), even though all I did was add the Mr. part. (It did sound better though)

The Orc Twins! I love you ladies for playing those wonderful characters! (And being called Chief Black was awesome too.)

Throwing plot for a loop with the decision for most everyone to stay in town to protect Mixer while he made a cure. Even though I really wanted to just collapse and sleep.

Staying awake for 43 hours straight, and still managing to stay logical and sane.

Despite it seeming like plot did not have a whole lot going on, the development of all the PCs I interacted with, and watching the drama unfold all via PC behavior... Made the event grand for me. Sometimes you don't need to wait for plot to do something...

The new council! This time I think it's going to work...

Great RP with both Roan and Alcandar. Together and separately.

Seeing Roan realize that Black isn't all that different from her.

The Littleleaf Trading Company. Thanks for the wonderful food, and the great characters.

Ok I am stopping here... I can't wait for the next event! Thanks again to everyone for a great Season Opener!

My highlights:

Meeting Willem Morrow. I loved the role play with him and then afterward letting Orin get mad for the first time (at a rage sick Ashok no less). I would have loved to see how Black came back.

As always I loved staying with my Gypsy friends, the birthday party (amazing cake) and the drunken party Saturday night were so much fun.

Getting to watch some neat rituals being done by Prashka.

The new characters, including a new Dryad!

Tasty food and tea from James and Little.

Well with out a doubt, my favorite part has to be the warm welcome of having James and Little in the tavern. It was a giant success and would not have been so with out the rest of the PCs involvement in it.

Secondly, actually feeling fear enough to have to run from the tavern. Its not a normal feel for me to need to run from a fight, makes the character a lot more depth for me.

The role play with all involved, I believe I only had a little down time during saturday.

Again, thank you all for making Littleleaf Trading a success its first event out.

Shane

I must say, first and foremost, that the best part of my first LARP was the warm welcome and all-around friendliness of the people there. Everyone was patient with my questions the first time and when I asked them again later. Thank you to everyone who so cheerfully told me what that spell they just cast was that killed me. Being an NPC was fun, and I'm glad I did it before PCing.

I loved being an aphid the most, and the running around trying to catch the PCs' attention (aka, the Aphid Athletic Training Program) was quite fun. I feel that this weekend really made up for my lack of exercise this year. :funny:
The battle to save the baron (or keep him, in our case) was amazing. I never imagined that we would be fighting in the dark, but it really added a sense of chaos and excitement that could not have been achieved in the daylight. And hanging out with the PC's OOG for an hour and a half afterward was awesome! I loved talking with everyone and all the information about the game and tips on costuming that they so freely gave.
Also, though I figured that Little had a temporary shop, I did not realize until later that James Silverleaf was not the permanent tavernkeep. He fit the bill so well (though admittedly, I was not in the tavern much) that I assumed he was full-time.
Afters was great, too! Getting to hang out with everyone was a ton of fun and people were full of helpful information.
Thank you so much everyone for adding to a great game!

Have to say, being my first event and all, the other players and the NPC's were fantastic. They really helped me settle into the game by being so friendly and helpful.

I was warned, but there was more action than I had expected (which was AWESOME) and I found Amory getting into situations I didn't see her getting in the middle of. Made for some wonderful roleplay.

Favorite moment of the game: Vavarick plunking his hat on Amory's head and all the reactions. She wasn't quite sure what to do, and was slightly worried that it really was a magic hat, and it was perfect. ^.^ That and being there for the 'naming' of the Big Un-killable Baddie. That was frickin' hillarious.

Thank you all for an awesome first game, and hope to see you all in February!

Back