OCT Favorites

Gwendara

Fighter
Ok, I'll start this one:

Running around this weekend with my older "sister" Khaadijah, and stealing feathers from an NPC biata so we could go to the Healer's Guild party which we thought was going to be all biata and MWE. How else to get in as a Sarr but to steal feathers, put them on our faces and "sneak" in.

Being the lowest lowbie on the lowbie mod and playing the part of prison shield. Good time to be wearing a cape.

Leaving the Healer's Guild saying "Thanks for the sex!" and the scrambling/explanations that followed.

Being broken in the Guild:
Draegka: "Can I have anodder one of dose white chocolate balls?"
Me: "Sure, but don't you still have one?"
Draegka: "No, I sucking and want'd to keep sucking but then I accidentally swallowed m."

Going on the Dark Elf mod as a level 5 rogue with no useful skills. Alchemy? Not breathing...dang. 1 normal, 1 normal.... The story was awesome though, and I was really glad I got to go on that mod.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

P.S. WOW it was cold.

Made it home while it's still Sunday. WOohoo.

Time to pass out now

Yay, Alliance rocks! I'm so glad to be a part of the game, and to have been able to work with some very awesome NPCs.

I think my first memorable moment, is when we were down in the woods, and wanted to lure the PCs down, so we had one of us give a very excellent scream. From our position in the woods we could see the deck of the tavern just light up with activity. "A scream!"

Then, in another leading down into the woods, I got destroy undead'd by a bomb of prickers with a packet attached to them, VIA Darkan. It was cool, but man... what a mess to clean out of my tabbard and gloves.

I think that the coolest moments for me really did happen down in the woods, and while I couldn't stay up late, but got up early each day, I had a lot of fun engaging in combat. It was certaintly needed, and definitely worth it.

I only have a couple short ones as I'm at work, as these are all from the NPC side:

"Tweason! The Highest of Cwimes commitable in Ashbuwy....its punishment? Obwitewration. Obwitewration is what bwings us togetha today..."

Joe M. As the Dwarf. Its Poop!

Rescuing Ivan Module. The PCs did a fantastic job, as well as the roleplay that was experienced between Ivan and Larkin beforehand, as well as chasing down one of the Dominion soldiers with Iggy. Awesome amounts of fun.

All things Morfangs. Playing these characters to watch the PCs interact with monster races is always an interesting ordeal, and this weekend proved it beyond a doubt. :)

The Sunken Crypt. After long tedious hours of drawing concepts and coming up with the right idea for the character, I had some awesome help (thank you Missy) for the robe of the costume, as well as finding and getting a good prosthetic for that role. Staging and making sure that everything was set was another issue; but in the end that will be one of the scariest modules I have ever written and directed; and I think the atmosphere proved itself. I am happy to say the PCs looked like they were scared out of their wits, and I hope they had as much fun as I did with that role. Sadly there were no pictures taken of this in full makeup, but hopefully there will be soon.

That's all for now :)

-Ali

Thanks so much to all Staff and NPCs! I had a great time. :)

Some really memorable moments:

Dark Elf Mod: You probably had to be there but------ I tried to remember everything I was supposed to do so it would be a cool mod for them. I kept thinking in my head "okay, Col, say these lines perfectly when you step out of the circle". I step out of the circle and begin my mini speech "You must kill me b"----Ted killing blows me before I can get the rest out. I paused in shock and then fell to the ground and we all started laughing. I didn't even realize he was behind me. Love you guys!

Other Dark Elf Mod: Dee beating the hell out of me with her 57s! :D

Michelle: You're a mess!!!!!!!! :lol: I still can't stop laughing thinking about it

Blackjack: Five minutes into the game and I'm drunk! You're evil!!!!!!!! :p

Playing Nachtface again after so many years: I was so nervous because I really am not a spell caster and I'm trying desperately to practice my verbals before the PCs show up. They tooled me so badly that I couldn't even remember to command anyone I dominated! LOL

Muckhead module: We rift in and are told that there will be someone swinging oblits...scary module! I loved it! The NPCs rocked it!

Jesse H: Thanks again for moving your car so we could park! :)

The portrait: I was utterly speechless. It was just beautiful.

Yes Colleen, I am a mess LOL. That was hilarious.

Thanks everyone for an awesome season. A few faves from the darkside:

-Ali as the creepiest damn thing I've ever seen in this game. I don't know where that voice came from, but between the costuming and the voice if I didn't KNOW who was under there I'd have never figured it out. Kudos hon.

-Rich's kick *** props. I am continuously impressed.

-A really cool way to wrap up the Kings of Halloween. Nice job Toddo. Some absolutely brilliant stuff.

-Pyrotechnics always make for a good time.

-Tetsu's unending patience with the crazy rats.

-Playing the biata mercenary and bargaining for the information for Ivan's life. The look on Bill's face when he realized what he was going to have to do... and who else was in the prison with Ivan.

-Ali as Larkin Morfang. I couldn't have cast anyone better in that role. The RP with her, Sean, Tab and the all the PCs was awesome.

-Cross chapter goodness. Now I need to get my behind to Deadlands!

oh where to start. . . .
It was a really good weekend.
Well I must say keeping warm with a human hot tub on Saturday night is something i will never forget!
wondering into the forest and waiting for PC's then finally getting bored and Screaming to get their attention and hearing someone it town yelling "a scream" ahh good times.
Running down the hill for a wave battle on Saturday and having the PC's singing.
Seeing ali as super scary monster dead elf thingy, I almost **** a brick.
Waking up on sunday morning in the middle of a spell packet war in npc camp and getting hit with 10 packets right off the bat.

I must say i was a great weekend even though I seem to contract the plague every time I come down. lol.
Toddo you did amazing great plot dude!!!!!!

Heather

I think one of the things I liked most about this event was that it was smart. There were a lot of things going on and a lot of difficult challenges which made me have to think. Even the battles made me have to really think about what spells to use and when in order to survive and do the most good. I enjoy fights like that.

The private rooms, the stairs on the tavern, all the new additions and tweak to the site. There is really no question as to why HQ is my home. Faireplay gets it done.

The new expanded mages guild. Great job setting it up guys. There were meetings in there that had nothing to do with the guild just because it was a good place to talk in private.

Obviously, big one for me (and very nerve racking fro a few hours) was the meeting in the mages guild where Aloysius announced his promotion… and subsequently mine. I had been working hard tog et this.. but when he told me I was all butterflies and not sure I was up for it. Thankfully Sym and Ren were there and I gotta tell you Stone Elves level a person out. After a few hours, as I talked more and more with Sym and Aloysius about what was next for the guild, I stopped worrying and just got excited about what I could bring to the table. Next year is going to rock so hard.

The Ritual(s). wow, what a mess. But so fun to be a part of it.

Darlassia and Rorii. This was the first time I had got a chance to interact with you guys and it’s beginning to change my mind about the Ash Forest for the better.

Late nights in the Tavern with Balls, Dazzle, and the guys from the storm blades. Foot Casting, and the sex magic…“I grant you the power of a reflect magic”, “I command you to sleep” OUT…

The incredible amount of PC commerce going on. I sold and bought more this weekend than any other event I have ever played. It was great.

Finally having a sit down with Ren. Very interesting indeed.

The scarecrow who wouldn’t die. Whoever NPC’d that was crazy. It was so cold and he just kept standing there in the dark. His acting was spot on too.

The Rocky Theme as the NPCs came down the hill. Hilarious.

The sheer number of NPCs was incredible. Seeing enemies everywhere really makes battle scarier.

Being silenced in battle for the first time. So frustrating. Thanks to Andros for helping me out of that.

The Mages guild filled with dark elves and the Find'rth “jest”. I was happy to be standing in the circle during the entire encounter.

Seeing Baron Ivan again and him calling me “soon to be guildmaster” and getting to tell him the good news. Ivan was a big inspiration for me to push hard for the new position.

Kiam and I taking down that undead on the hill. it says, “you having nothing that can harm me” , and I cast my last prison in memory while running backwards away from it… and it worked.

The fire ants coming down the hill. I jump up, walk over to the first one… 30 elemental ice. Dead. 1 more coming, “hey sym, show these things what we elemental wardens do with fire ants” he replies: “no problem” 30 elemental ice. Dead. Khorwyn: “look fire ants! ….Nevermind… the wizards got it.”

It was cold as hell at night, but overall it was a great end to a fantastic season. I have A LOT of work to do to get ready for the spring, but I’m excited to start. Maybe I’ll see some of you at Rich’s store at some point. :D

Robb Graves said:
The private rooms, the stairs on the tavern, all the new additions and tweak to the site. There is really no question as to why HQ is my home. Faireplay gets it done.

Thanks, Robb. Sometimes I think we all forget how far the site has come in the short time we've had it.

Remember all the mud? Gone.

Remember constantly fighting on the steep staircase / hill on the side of the barn? Add a new awesome deck and staircase and the issue is resolved.

Remember the steep, dangerous path to the trails.... the one to the right at the bottom of the field? Thanks to a bulldozer, it's now a gentle sloping path.

Remember the leaking roof? Remember when it rained and shorted the chandelier in the tavern? Never again.

Remember when every event was a huge tent city because we had no real lodging areas? This has been much improved with the cabins (which will be insulated before next season), common room and private rooms.

Remember when the dungeon / indoor mod area was practically useless because of all the steel pipes? Now we can run long, complicated mods / encounters with all the space we have. Heck, we've run wave battles down there!

Remember when you'd walk up those side stairs to the tavern (via the basement) and you could see cars driving by? Remember it got so bad that we put up crappy tarps to block the view? Add a new, tall, in-period fence and the issue goes away.

Remember when the NPC props, weapons and costumes were just stacked in piles? Now we have an awesome prop / costume room (thank you, Scott & Dee) which is well-organized (thank you, Rich!).

We have done a lot, but we know we have a lot more to do. Please remember that every time you attend an HQ event, you are helping us improve the site. We have some great plans for the site, including:

Putting up walls and a ceiling for the Mage's Guild
Improving the kitchen (including hooking up a real stove)
New, larger cabins that can house large teams
Turning the Logistics area into a permanent room (with real walls and everything!)
Hooking up a washer and dryer (someone already donated a dryer)
More landscaping
Better outside lighting
Electricity to the cabins
And more.......

Will we get all of this done before the start of next season? No. But I hope you all can see the vision that we have for the site and I hope you are all enjoying the improvements. Let's not forget how far we've come!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

I cannot say enough good things about this event. The writing was brilliant, the costumes and makeup were top-notch, and the NPCs were awesome. Plot was always out in force, and I was kept guessing all the time. Like Rob said, it was great because it was such a "smart" weekend.

The ritual! Nerd-tastic. The smoke, the muttering, the chains, the scrolls, the bottles... I was so into it, I wanted to drop to my knees and shout "Noooo..!" when it "failed." It was so consuming. All I can say is that on Friday night, I was a wizard.

Sage Wendell's wig getting left behind when he dissapated. IG, it was tragic. OOG, I found this hysterically funny.

The whispering spirit forms. The first few were terrifying. Then came the ones who spoke common, and had just the right things to say to Ren. They had me backed against a wall, quaking in my boots.

I was standing by myself on the hill when I see two pale figures approaching. At first, I thought they might be stone elves, but as I walked up to them I heard "spirit forms" and saw the eyes... Then they started the song. "Muckhead's coming, Muckhead's coming, run and hide, run and hide..." The fear was real. The Muckhead module was great.

The scroll module! I felt like Indiana Jones, jumping over the lake, crossing the chasm, and going through the spider web. I didn't get to stay for the puzzle, but it was awesome nonetheless.

More later, got to go.

More favorites:

NPCing dark elf plot. Jessica writes a great plot, I was honored to be a part of it. I was nervous going into it, roleplaying with the "heavies" (Scott, Dee, and Jesse, you guys are intimidating), but I had a lot of fun and I hope they did too.

Rescuing Baron Ivan. Being in the prison was another total immersion moment for me. The whole rescue was one big total immersion moment. Eric Stehle, you are a great roleplayer. Walking in and seeing Larkin in wolf form (awesome makeup, BTW) through the bars, and then Ivan writing Syriah's name in the dust... Then the great escape and the roleplay after Ivan woke up, it was really moving IG and OOG.

The new and improved Mages Guild. Finally, room to sit and plot the demise of the civilized world! Muhahaha! That space heater was mighty nice as well.

Roleplay with Nathan and Symerille. Sorry that you had to put up with my character coming apart at the seams all event.

ARCANE FEAR! By the last battle, I had plenty of practice writhing in terrified agony. So much fun!

Paranoia. Hiding the Celestial Circle writting my last letter, whispering instructions to Sun. Good times.

What an awesome end to a fantastic season! I probably won't remember everything, but here's the breakdown of my fav's so far.....

#1. Arriving at Logistics to realize I'd jumped two levels since I last played, and buying my first two slays and a second parry. For the first time in a while, I felt much more formidable, and it propelled me into combat more vigorously than I usually fight.
#2. The really awesome portal/cave/puzzle mod. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I love going on the atypical, combat-light mods. We had to jump over a pond, cross a narrow bridge over a bottomless pit, crawl through huge spider webs, and solve a puzzle after our scholar was spontaneously rifted out. And we succeeded!
#3. Watching another one of my closest companions rise to a well-earned status, as Nathan Westwind became the new Guildmaster of the Mage's Guild. That blonde-haired beauty had better give this ranger some discounts! ;)
#4. The always invigorating "Late LATE" Saturday night mod. The three of us knew we were walking into an ambush, and somehow, yet again, I managed to live. Plus, it expanded on our super-secret plot, and won me my first magic item in like six months! I'm so glad to be a part of "Gloves-Off NERO," and look forward to Tab absolutely annihilating me on one of these missions in the future.
#5. Teaching Leona One-Handed Edged by the stockades. You rocked that short sword, Amanda.
#6. Learning Style Master, just before the end of the weekend, after I'd spent nearly the entire gathering looking for someone to teach me. Now I can finally feel more comfortable rolling out sans shield.
#7. The Spirit-Formed NPC's, and their many efforts to personalize their ghoulish taunting of the PC's. They had some wonderful morale-reducing phrases, but some really knew just how to get under individual PC's skins, and that was actually really creepy.
#8. Getting to role-play more often with the likes of Larien, Joaquin, Ren, Fishercat, and the new Sheriff of Fairdale. After NPC'ing the Lowbie Event and getting to interact more seriously with the likes of Amy, Chaz, Amelia, Richard, and Toddo, I feel like I'm really starting to help solidify the differences between Khorwyn and "Dave in a costume."

Bah! I can't think of any more, but if I do, I'll post those too. Everyone have a safe winter, and I'll look forward to seeing you all next HQ season! :D

Dave

"--Only person hotter than Ithica"

OMG! Only Mini-Kevin Sorbo could get away with that in his signature!

--Chazz

PS - Favs coming soon!

haha, dave's sig just made me remember another one. combat going on all around us, combat near the fire pit. i hear a crash behind me and everyone yells hold. i already KNOW it's dave, who has tripped over the firepit because it is what he does when rocks are around.. and sure enough.. there he is.. pantine pro v hair sitting in the ashes. ;)

Just simply getting around to PC again for the first time in about 11 years.

It was a very fun event and I was fortunate to be on a really good, solid team (Vex Squad) full of fun players and their interesting mix of characters.

The Rescue Ivan module was awesome, I had a lot of fun on that one.

And then re-uniting with my "long lost cousin Ivan" in the tavern was a blast! Eric Steele's always great to roleplay with!

But the best part of this event...and most any event, of course...were the NPC's, who provided good fights and ample roleplay and the HQ staff for running a quality game, their hardwork was ever evident during the weekend.

As I told Michelle, I thought that Plot should have written better weather for the event. :p

And my reply: "I ordered a warm sunny weekend but the warm was out of stock" :)

Von Raven said:
Just simply getting around to PC again for the first time in about 11 years.

It was a very fun event and I was fortunate to be on a really good, solid team (Vex Squad) full of fun players and their interesting mix of characters.

The Rescue Ivan module was awesome, I had a lot of fun on that one.

And then re-uniting with my "long lost cousin Ivan" in the tavern was a blast! Eric Steele's always great to roleplay with!

But the best part of this event...and most any event, of course...were the NPC's, who provided good fights and ample roleplay and the HQ staff for running a quality game, their hardwork was ever evident during the weekend.

As I told Michelle, I thought that Plot should have written better weather for the event. :p

wow man.. that was you? i suck, i had no idea. if i would have known i would have done some manowar in the tavern for old times sake.

come back next season and play and i will make it happen... with a keirgani on guitar for accompaniment.

Robb Graves said:
wow man.. that was you? i suck, i had no idea. if i would have known i would have done some manowar in the tavern for old times sake.

come back next season and play and i will make it happen... with a keirgani on guitar for accompaniment.

I equally suck, then, because I didn't recognize you either! :eek:

I've played NERO/Alliance on and off since 1996. I've collected a lot of fond gaming memories. One of them, was you, IG, in the tavern at Camp Lindenmere, singing "Heart of Steel".
I remember how inspiring that was...and thinking, this guy gets this game, he comes not just to temporarily escape the mundane world for a weekend, but to help build and participate in a fantasy world.

I trust you have the new Manowar album. If it wasn't for Manowar, there'd never have been a Freejyn Horde...Hail and Kill!

I had a good time this weekend even tho I mainly sat around NPC camp yelling at Tyson :D

This was my first time back to HQ in 3 years so many of the NPC faces have changed. I was glad to see everyone doing a great job entertaining and having fun. Michelle, Ali, and Todd did an AWESOME job of making NPC camp go and I was really impressed.

I was not ready for that cold and had enough by Sat night. I was hoping to stay until sunday but I guess I have a low tolerance for weather in my old age :lol:

Ok my favs from the weekend

After seeing Dave aka Gilwing, he said something that still cracks me up
Spare: Hey good to see you man
Dave: Whats up bro (Looks me up and down wearing Shorts and Flip Flops) Glad to see you are still crazy! :lol:

Roleplaying with Testu as a rat. I thought he was going to POUND me into the dirt lol

Playing the Conjoined Twin with Tyson. It lost something in execution but Tyson and I were like giddy school girls running around monster camp.

NOW HERES MY SCANDAL :D (Had to be there)

Overall it was an awesome time and I really had lots of fun with it. Its always great to be able to go back home and just sit in the easy chair and watch everyone else do stuff :D

Back