October 2011 Game Favorites

Fynwei

Squire
Hi all!

I had a blast RPing (and getting beaten a little as a blade-eater) with all of you at this event. Below are a few favorites:

The Martial Guild seminar
Plan changes for retrieving the Prince
Explaining the visualization of the alchemical and blacksmith portions of forging the Dagger of Navir
Challenging Talon
The trial
Messing around with another person's brain (again)
Sharing memories with Harlequin, and the roleplay surrounding that

I can't wait to see you all in November!

It was a really awesome event, Thank you Dave, thank you NPCs and thank you PCs! Anyways, some of my favorites:

Going to collect boggle blood Saturday morning (Gorka: We've got to punish you now. Boggles: Uh...)

Hanging out in the tavern playing games w/ Benjamin (Kit: Icey, we need to go now. Me: Hang on, one more round I can win this... yep, I won.)

The whole ritual and getting to be a part of it, backlash was also fun too.

Burning my face in game and now Icey has a corrupt scar

Taking my first life spell ever. I was knocked to dying, counted out the 60 seconds, then I was dead for 5 seconds when I ate the life spell. It's funny, had it been roughly 3 seconds earlier, it's possible I would've wasted a healing spell too :p

The whole HUGE RP scene after we got back, Fern's Oblit, Talitha's sadness, York losing touch with reality for a bit, Icey choked up over losing Crow, Deoman wanting to leave Hopes Reach, Gorka losing Gubba and wanting to quit healing, and then finally Brent playing Pretend and cheering most of us up (thank you Brent, it was much needed!)

Rain's RP'ing was really great too, especially when he got hit with the backlash and down to very little body, he had to stagger through the rest of corrupt territory.

Anyways, I need to go to work, so I'll finish the rest of my post when I get back, thanks again everyone it was a fun event as always!

Hello All.
Well of course my favorite part was my epic death.
I have to thank dave and the whole plot team.
They did a fantastic job and couldn't have done it better myself.
Actually it was what i wanted x 100.
I actually want to thank all of you other Players also.
You made it all worth it.
I would like to thank Tondra for coming on my little expedition with me.
It was nice to have another Mystic wood elf along.
Another of my favorite parts was going on the boggle hunt with all the healers.
It was odd going on a mod with nothing by healers. I loved it when paige looks back and asks if there were anyone there that was not a healer and there were no hands up and Gorka and i look at each other and realize we brought no fighters.
But we did ok.
I also loved watching Fern take one for the town. Crow would have taken it for you but i was already gone.
I also want to thank all the NPC's.
You all did a very good job as always.
After i died npcing was fun with you all. It has been 3 years since i npc'ed an I was a Wiped out and emotional saturday night and my memory was horrible.
I had a ton of fun with you all.
My voice may never be the same from all the yelling and screaming but it was worth it.
Thanks again to everyone.
Especially to the ones Crow trusted, you know who you are.
You made crow very happy.
I will see you all in April with a new character. Very different from Crow.
Thanks again.
Al

The finale was great. It was good to see a conclusion to a portion of a plot that has been going on all year. Thanks Christina for the Tavern work and all NPCs/Staff for such a fun event. Here are my favs:

-All healer Boggle Mod. If I have to do all these little things to get into the Earth Guild so be it, I have a lot of patience. Gorka telling them they were bad so they need to be punished….through death.
-Ian the Human phasing in out of nowhere and giving Asher something to look into during all of winter
-Sunday morning golem mod. I love Sunday mods. Also hearing Nitus talk about what he and Runeforge discovered and IG/OOG putting the pieces together from the Boggle mod.
-Rynes resurrection story and how it didn’t transfer well. The story was amazing, but it was 7 layers of torture, which lead to some good after RP
- 6 minutes left of the ritual Sat night and everyone calls “Asher, pick up Gorka! Find her!” as I’m cornered by 3 corrupt with no exit.
-Sprinting between 6 corrupt and the last one happened to have a 2h. “Asher did you get that 15 normal”-Dave. “Wait, 15 normal…when did you have a 2hander?”-me. “I thought I should pop at least once with one”. “GAH I was so close!” runs back and drops dead.
-Picking the Red/White/Blue hat for the one scroll I’ve been wanting for months, Investment scroll and then being invested in Earth circle.
-Panthergast mod. The ‘X’ idea was pretty solid. Just couldn’t see them on the floor until the spell auras dropped.
-More to come.

I could use one world to describe my weekend experience, but I believe that more powerful synonyms for "awesome" would begin to lose all meaning if I continued to use them.

It was fantastic: an extremely worthwhile and cathartic experience. But I'm thinking Reyn was a little overwhelmed, physically and emotionally. He won't be seeing any of you for a time, I know that. But, still sweet.

I'd have to say, I'm thinking my absolute favorite part of this event was Reyn befriending Aine and having her teach him the life of a healer as she knew it. I think she's starting to rub off on him. Also, being a part of the ritual to purify the prince was certainly, er... stimulating (all I could hear was Fern screaming at the prince). Pretty much everything involving tiny, in-between-mod events; I recall between Saturday's morning and afternoon mods Reyn had a great moment of character development while talking with Aine and Jonathan behind the tavern. The Remembrance Ritual was nice, too (for a given value of "nice"). And, um, Sunday... Oh god, Sunday. That was one morning Reyn isn't going to forget any time soon. If anybody has the intention of going to Aine's greenhouse in-between game, say hi to Reyn, because he'll be there learning better (insert name of standard language) from her, and trying to teach her his own language. :cool: Should be amusing.

And Asher's resurrection after the evening battle: I got shivers from my own story when I saw how he reacted. Nice RPing, dude.

Loved this event, hope to see you all again in Spring. Don't go dying, you'll put Reyn out of a job!

--Caleb--

First Thank You Everyone, As my first trip out of state for an event I was uncertain if it was worth it but I will be back cause it was great. Lot of great rp moments but lets see if I can hit my favorites, in no particular order,

Anya, Roy, and Kits conversation about Heavy and how to be a proper gypsy :lol:
Gorka telling the Boogles we goin to punish you now..."oohh that not good"
Brother Icey playing cards instead of coming when summoned...only if I had a waylay...but then he won so I had to laugh
Skipping in the mines of doom with Pink Star...
Table of sleeping people in Mausoleum mod and Gorka looking disappointed when I awakened her
Gorka insisting on Eric carrying her to bed
Being 12 seconds from needing rez when I was lifed
1st time ever ressurecting someone-thanks Roy...I covered lord of the rings, star wars, the greek alphabet, and the love connection.
2nd time ever ressurecting someone-thanks Igneous...it went much better and I did a treatise of farming
The Corrupt mod/aftermath trial...all awesome
Asking to shake Ferns hand after he was back and him going "WHY", I just said "cause I do"

See you guys next time

Just had to add getting bacon to feed the ram feeding to her but I dropped part of it and it knocked my *** out...as well it should bacon was nearly wasted

I had tons of fun this weekend. Thanks for everyone who interacted with me this weekend, and most of all, thank you to the NPC's who worked their butts off to make sure we all had fun. Now, my favorites in the order that I remember them:

- Best resurrection story EVAH! even though I apparently missed the LOTR reference. I especially liked the added rp part at the end, though that may have been unintentional. Thanks Rob!
- Using all my spells both days, including the two wall of forces which I fully didn't expect to use.
- The entire pink star minus Deoman skipping down the hallways of the great forge
- Walking to the newbie spider mod and realizing that we had no fighters or rogues with us *facepalm*
- Being 10 seconds away from dissipating on the first mod I went on with my new character
- Fighting the vine creature. Despite it being very difficult and not figuring out the trick, it was still fun. Plus prisoning essentially an entire field made me feel pretty cool.
- The spell exchange between Lady Grey and the prince. Epic.
- Having two earth formalists come with us on the celestial guild mod. lol
- Dealing with all the depressed people on Saturday night. Somehow I managed to get involved with Gorka, Enya (the dryad, don't know how to spell her name), and Jonathon. While I didn't really help them feel better, I got them started in the direction that led to them feeling better and that made me feel pretty cool.

That's all that I can remember now. Hopefully, I see some of you in Chicago soon and if not then the rest of you in November.

Wow, just wow. This event was fantastic. Thanks to all the NPC's (especially the ones who stayed for insane rescue in corrupt lands mod) and special thanks to all of the Marshall's and Plot, you are all amazing.

Favorites are:
-Not giving up on getting the shard no matter how many times we failed.
-Our solution to getting the shard, and York saying "No one needs to know".
-Lady Grey giving York an amazing ego boost and having nothing to say to it. (thank you Emilynn!!!)
-Fern staying back to save people at the forge, York spearheading the push to get them back out and saving everyone.
-Watching Lady Grey take an Obliterate and having no chance of preventing it.
-Fern tackling Prince Talon not once, not twice, but three times!
-getting stuck in the circle for the ritual (kind of a love hate thing).
-Fern's Obliterate and Yorks proceeding meltdown.
-Having to kneel to the Baron because I couldn't look him in the eye to ask about the title of Sheriff.
-Not believing Fern was alive until he physically came over and talked to York (thanks for the RP Paul!)
-Having to suck it up and deal with the people I care about having issues. (there will be consequences for not getting to vent).
-PRETEND!!!!! and Pretend meeting Bone....

Over all an amazing event and fantastic end to a hard earned plot. Thanks to everyone who made it what it was, can't wait for some interesting IBGA and RP.

By the way! Does anybody know anything about the photos and video the=at were taken during the Saturday "morning" mod at the forge? I'd like to get my paws on some of those!

Great emotional weekend, I feel so Dead but so worth it. Thank you to everyone.

-Fire building Friday night, remember ice touched is not the way to go flame is.
- Realizing that Lady Grey and Prince Talon and lady grey grew up together and are in love.
- Disjuncting with a casim in the middle of the circle and not having anyone fall into it
- Rattlen bog resurrection story
- From downstairs in the tavern: "Ah it has an ablility to once ever grant a subject the gift of life" Half naked Groka runs downstairs and holds out her hands for it.
- Morning Angry Territorial Ram training... with bacon
- punishing boggles
- Making the connection to the guy that called on the moon and the guy with the hats
- Juice box refit
- "your Doll is next" Gorka: "Prepair to Die 30 slay" with a dagger and it stuck
- Getting very upset about Gubba being in the circle and seeing all the people trying to help It meant a lot to me that so many of you cared about Gubba as much as Gorka did.
- Panda Tackle :zonks: always a treat
- So very much the prince mod, oh my was it intents. the moment where I changed my healing arts question to are you dead? Not even relizing what that ment. I was so tunnel visioned into trying to stay alive and keep as many as I could up not because it was the right thing but because if any more went down I truly think everyone out side that circle would have died.
- Gorka's life being saved by people yelling from inside the circle
- Getting some time to cool down out of game after the prince mod before we disjucted back
- Seeing lady Grey right away in burlap still looking as proper and regal as ever.
- Keeping it together till everyone was resurrected
- allowing lots of new healers to perform their first resurrections in some cases
- Gubba and Pretend sharing time
- The realization that Gubba has a spirit. I did not know that, thanks plot for surprising me
- Sunday morning Dex mod

THANK YOU NPCS! That was my most epic event ever, and I mean epic Literally.

1. seeing all the sadness in town, and deoman realizing he wants to fix it.
2. being one of the people to not resurrect.
3. getting lifed by Prince Talon a minute before I was supposed to rez.
4. the blade eater mod, even though I lost half my equipment to it.
5. the golem mod, even though I had to hit them 40 times.
6. rescuing the prince, even though I died twice.
7. Running out of the corrupt chasm with my arms full of weapons. Me when I had almost reached the rear corrupt line, "Dave, if I had seen corrupt, I wouldn't have run this far." Dave, "Okay, go back a ways" IG: Me, "Guys, corrupt up here and I can't fight them." *Runs back behind everyone else, being chased by corrupt*
8. Trying to leave town through disjunction, and realizing the only one who could was Gorka.
9. After Game off: Thomas aka Novi "I'm impressed you made it out with the bow"
10. having 25 to 30 heals in a bracer and bandolier, and by the end of the mod having none

Thanks everyone for making this event so amazing.

Holy crap. What a weekend.

-Kobalds at the Ritual of Remembrance, the little buggers snuck away before I could see where they were gonna bury their little box full of shinys.
-Plotting shenanigans with York that never really panned out.
-"You see before you a Fredric." "A rare Fredric. A rattlin Fredric."
-Seeing Aine again, and (then everyone thinking it was her fault Jon was so messed up saturday night).
-Crazy Pantherghast mod, super appreciating the reach of my spear!!!!
-Heckling the group trying to fight the plant.
-The Earth Guild mod, both the interactions with the boggles and the interactions with the Earth Guild leader we had with us (PS I'M A FIGHTER, GUYS. THANKS A LOT).
-Introducing Reyn to Aine. Good choice.
-The prince mod. The watching of the friends being beaten into the ground over and over again had a pretty big effect on Jon, but OOG I'm glad I was in the circle. It looked scary out there.
-Being marched back to the tavern to watch our leader get obliterated after what should have been our 'big damn heroes' moment. This was incredible, plot wise, and made one heck of an epic story, with long reaching effects.
-Feeling a philosophy change coming on. It'll be fun to be back with new ideas.

THANK YOU.

After a year, it felt GOOD to be back.

-Seeing all the old faces
-Jonathan and Aine sparring with the barbarian and his two comrades, and Jonathan naming his spear Philosophy. "Put Philosophy down, Jonathan." "ZOMG, Imma name my spear that."
-Staring face to face with York and feeling incredibly short.
-Saturday night. All of it.
-Finding a brother and apprentice in Reyn.
-CRYING. SO. MUCH.
-Personal plot.
-Jonathan and Aine beginning a vicious circle of misunderstanding, pain, and almost hatred.

WOW!

What a season and what a closer! This was a truly epic end to a journey that startedfor me last year at the banquet with a simple word from the Baron...OMG this weekend was rough but so awesome and finally after 5 yrs rez free I take not just 1 but 3 deaths in a weekend! :)

A HUGE shout out to DG and his plot team for putting together a plotline that sucked me and so many right in to the point where all of us were willing to pay the price and many of us did to save 1 man.... very well done and very well executed thanks to all of you!.

I had some many subtly fun moments this weekend that they are too many to name but I do have to give a few shout outs for some specific RP that happened that brought a tear to my eye or made me laugh out loud this weekend as always:

-Ritual of rememberance... all the Talon/Siobhan RP with the spirits was a great way to tug at the heartstrings. :)
-Kobolt rituals of rememberance was funny too.
-Saturday Morning RP with Sparrow which lasted all through the event.
-Fern showed his soft underbelly to a few folks and didnt have the reaction he had feared
-Talitha and Kendra's reactions to me dying.
-Talon/Sparrow's Rez story how awesome was that!
-RP with the new Sheriff being on the verge of breaking down.
-Going to get Aine and Johnathan 3 times during the forge mod... you guys are tough to rescue :)
-All things Gandian... you rocked
-Pulling Tarot cards with folks ( Lady Grey: oh we are gunna be ok/ Fern: Your gunna die) LOL
-Crow :(- dude, epic RP and what a way to go.
-Breakfast RP heck all tavern related goodness way to step it up Larp Mom!
-Davion's RP around the questioning sat morning.

In closing a few more words for Dave Gleaser aka DG. This is a man who has, not once but twice built/rebuilt a chapter from practially scratch. Its clear how much of himself he puts into events and he is leaving behind some awefully big shoes. DG, Thanks for being you, and for all you do for this game as a player, owner, or ST.

I can't wait to see you guys again.

Paul

In no particular order..... This was a great weekend event. I enjoyed it very much. :)
- Having Kendra a barbarian being told by Lady Grey that she is good at communicating!
- HEY! That MY stupid sky magic man! *continue to beat down blade eater so Gandian can escape*
- Beating down someone after they forced sky magic on Kendra...and the argument afterward. Good RP!
- The emotionality of the weekend.
- Crow and Fern's sacrifice
- Holding down the Prince for ritual. "Wow! Your Chieftain strong!"
- Looking out from the circle and seeing nothing but dead bodies/ destruction. So heart wrenching!
- Saving Gorka from inside the circle by yelling a lot.. XD
- Getting to finally hunt with my winter wolf pup! I love how it swings for Ice!! Perfect :D... You can plan on some more down-time training/hunting with my pup! Still have to name it.
- Kobolds at the Ritual of Remembrance, trying to list off all the kobold names that died and being interrupted.

You could name the puppy Icey, seeing as it swings for Ice and all :whistle:

Thanks everyone for such an AWESOME event! Here are some favorites, in no order:

~ Making my Ophidian Shaman remembrance speech, even though it turned out worse than I had planned.
~ Kobolds listing names at the Ritual, and Jivah interrupting them.
~ X-Ghast mod while the other folks dealt with the nasty plant monster.
~ Carnifax shroud mod, especially with Brent's servant golem. Awesome job, Brent!
~ Tarot cards with Sparrow, Fern, Lady Grey, and Talitha....
~ Ice Plane mod with Brent as Leopold/Mitan (spelling?). It was fun for Gandian to prove his worth to the C Guild.
~ Bowing and nodding in unison to Lady Grey and Fern, respectively. Thanks for that, Leopold!
~ Talking about the blade eaters' battle strategy with Kovu before we entered the forge. Good times.
~ The forge mod itself, especially when I got to try to communicate with the Promethian (spelling?) to no avail. After they destroyed Gubba, however, Gandian's gave up all negotiation possibilities.
~ Pox's game, especially with the 1/e Life for Gorka and the EPIC meat tenderizer! I never expected anything that awesome to come from that game!
~ Just happily hanging out with Fern, Talitha, and Sparrow right before we broke the Respite, without a care in the world. "So Fern, how was your last supper?"
~ The Corrupt battle, especially the super hectic half a dozen people doing everything around the circle. All curatives were spent, and more work exerted than ever should be done.
~ As I repeat my statement from in-game: "I love busting nodes! It's so satisfying!"
~ Crow's epic sacrifice! Awesome way for him to go out with a bang!
~ The trial, ending in the Obliterate. Super emotional RP from everyone, and it was super cool.
~ Brent coming in as Pretend to cheer everyone up after the trial. We needed that so much!
~ Sunday morning Nitus mod. Those golems were worth so much..... and we destroyed them.... :noway:
~ Expansion of the beginning of more Runeforge plot! Yay!
~ "Sometimes, guys, money happens. And it sucks."

And probably so much more! Can't wait to see you all later!

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
~ "Sometimes, guys, money happens. And it sucks."

This ^

funniest thing I heard all night.

I really wish I could remember what York said to Asher when I revived him during the Prince mod. It was so lighthearted and serious at the same time, I just remember breaking character as I walked away to laugh.

Back