October 2nd Favorites

ecrath

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Let me start out by thanking plot and the NPCs as well as all the PCs, it was a heck of a weekend.
In no particular order:

-Rob being unable to say his attacks and just going down the first time he was hit.
-Pathergiest "Shun all non-Sarr". "HA!" Gets rekt.
-Draco's eviscerate on the true name bandit.
-Arguing with Sir Foss and Silp about who gets to killing blow the spider.
-Learning how to play Gypsy games, mostly how to not get killed.
-Mighty Morphin undead fight.
-Crying from laughing so much after getting hit with a poison strike.
-Having the feast and just being in character to enjoy a few hours together.
-Over all this was one of the most lighthearted events I've been too, I burst out laughing during quite a few mods. It was a nice change in pace.

Ethan Rath

What an event! Big thanks to Plot and all the NPCs for making this such a fun event. While I feel it was one of the more quite events that I've been to in a while, it was enjoyable all around. :) With my bad memory, I cannot remember EVERYTHING that happened, but I will put down the favorites I remember.

-I can't remember if I was learning a new spell from Marsters or helping craft a new spell, but this was really awesome to be a part of!
- Speaking with Marsters privately and Nikkoli coming up from behind and making me almost die of laughter
- Silp: (drops either Menra or Cecile. Everyone is quite as he yells) I'M TIRED OF YOU!!
- Meeting the moon was pretty awesome
- The RP between Lumina and Menra.
- The feast! Thanks Lifestrom! We'll miss you, Paul/Jehan
- The Bard Off. All of the performers were amazing! Congrats on the tie to Cyn and Sam
- Company attempted nap time when Draco and Terra are trying to sleep and Nikkoli yells out the window to the were-creatures who proceed to shake to building. Terra and Draco both proceed to mumble yell and go back to sleep.

~Emily G

Last edited:
Of Illumina's Gaze aka: Aramis wild ride.

While I was not there vary long Aramis had some big things happen. I was great to have one last game with Paul for a while you will be missed.

Here are some

-Teaching Kat first circle
- Foss/Nick's face as Aramis was screaming at him full of rage before the battle
- Sprinting thought the battle line towards Menra after being Arcane Berserked when freeing Goran’agar ( Rob's rage full High Ogre). Rob later asking me what was the focus of my berserk. I replied "Menra". Rob "that make sense"
- searching Cecil and making sure we found the hat and ring for Count Zellos.
- Bart's great idea to shatter Cecil's coins.
- Arguing with Menra only to have him change me.
- mistakenly thinking I was Mummy cursed. Cyn "Aramis No Biting"
- Aramis sided tracking his own resurrection with a song.
- Sam repeatedly telling me to focus while talking to Illumina
- Have that most ADA conversation about important thing with the Sarrs
- Accidently insulting Silp and the hugging forgiveness.

I would guess that for the most part a lot of people prefer the less emotional Aramis.

Last edited:
Thank you plot and NPC's! It was a cold one but we didn't let that stop us!

-I am a big fan of Aramis's new found emotions. Sometimes scary but all around very cool. Excellent RP. You scared the crap out of me when you screamed in the tavern. :) Also no biting.
-Artea was in fine form
-SHROOMS!
-Almost getting to see Draco's ninja skills at the plague web. Pandora's sacrifice to be very, very plagued and subsequent unraveling of said web.
-Using the Life elemental to pick people back up once they had gone down. And the multiple interruptions to people that were refitting. (Sam? I think gets the credit.)
- Pathergiest "Shun all non-Sarr" I heard this from my cabin and laughed. Well we don't have to worry about that thing anymore!
-Rob D's temporary inability to say words correctly.
-Silp and some one else in tandem "90 assassinate! 90 assassinate!" rings out across the field. Then Silp "I'm TIRED OF YOU!" echos in the resulting quiet. That BBG is DONE.
-Maxwell, all things Maxwell YES. Learning Maxwell's rules/philosophy on life with Marsters. OOG I say to Rob S. "Are you taking notes?" with an eyebrow and a laugh.
-Draco's vicious eviscerate on the true name bandit. A moment of silence then cheering. Go Draco!
-Bard off
-Feast for Jehan
-If I hear Lifestorm sound off one more time... :p
-Getting the last ingredient for the Philosophers Stone.
-Planning with Sam to make the best use of our limited orange packets.

I know I am forgetting somethings but thank you everyone!
-Jen

Thank you to Plot and all the PCs who were there. It was a nice change of pace from last event.

Things I enjoyed, in no particular order:
-Talking with the lunar elf
-"Shun all non-sarr" Sarrs smile, whole rest of town starts laughing super hard as the sarrs murder-face the baddy
-Ryan playing an excelent mushroom (The wiggling was very distracting but really funny)
-Cyn yelling at Kat to join her band while Kat was unconscious (It was so hard not to laugh)
-Head Scratching Party with Jehyu and Nealanie
-Warm Thing (Thank you Cyn. The wrap made the chill much more bearable)
-getting to be frank about my opinions with Ser Siril about some stuff
-getting moon touched water for Pandora
-being taught first circle celestial so that I can be able to use more scrolls
-Party for Jehan (even though me and Pandora took a while to get dressed)
-Gnoll heart
-Jehan telling me to ask Cyn about a bunk and cyn just telling me use the same one as last time. (also really great bunking with lifestorm. we had an interesting conversion Saturday night before bed.)
-Being told I can't have honey (it was euphoria with no addiction) By kalin because I am too young. (Also thank you for realizing that and properly responding to me asking)
-Page Hands (Also not going to be getting the icks any more at events. So I can fight all weekend)
-BBolder trap and renaming their shabby 'town'
-Cool new Bracers
-Sunday morning head scratching with Jehyu as I was trying to count coin
-Jehyu not wanting to get up to go do things after starting head scratching party
-Racing to my feet and quiting a game of dragon poker to go help Baron Davis and another beiata.
-Also Dragon Poker, It was such an evil deck.
-"Boop" Heehehe silly mandrakes in the cave
-"Ladies first" "Thats going to be *I stuble sidways a bit* a bit of a problem. I am kind of intoxicated at the moment" foss then purifies me and I ninja under the webs
-ulmost accidental hitting jehyu with my spear beacuse I needed it to be across first (Sorry jehyu I didn't mean to)
-Little dragons
-Spotting Weres coming into town just as we were leaving so we came back to help the town
-Jehan calling up Desilvia. "Oh I love public exicutions" Says the kind of creepy duke.

Some things not so great:
-Puking again. (all better now and going to make sure that doesn't happen again.)
-Not accually fighting in the munra fight because of said puking
-watching the group disslove in fighting while dealing with munra

This event was great and a nice change of pace from last one. Not so much emotion other than the great comradeship that was felt. The family aspect of adventures truely shone through. Can't wait for the all hallows eve event.

Also I really need to get my stuff done for backstory soon. I was hoping to finish that before this event but I had to push it aside. That will be done before next event.

I would guess that for the most part a lot of people prefer the less emotional Aramis.
I liked Cracked Aramis! :) I thought he was really enjoyable. The song really helped me think of a music as a way to resurrect you though. Wish I would have thought of a song sooner.

I enjoyed my weekend, in no particular order:

- Stroking Draco's beard as a Mandrake
- The Bard Off
- Watching People go through the Spider Web
- Munra

Even after having a horrible cough, and the inability to speak, this was a fantastic event. I am probably being a bit biased, but for a low key, penultimate event, it was just so much fun to constantly run things, and see how people reacted.

- Mandragora Mod. The best part is seeing how each group goes about solving it, and trying to figure it all out. It typically ends with something running to grab the item, then everyone running away, while somebody gets taken by the golem.
- Cecil Cabal meltdown. Talk about a whiner! Menra forcing Cecil to attack Foss, then Foss hiding so I couldn't get to him.
- The Great SAAAHRRRRROOOOOM *wiggle wiggle*
- Late night Artea with Kat and Silp. "Did I miss the banquet" "No Artea, that's tomorrow night"
- Displaying Kaz'ik's fancy robe Christina made. The zodiac symbols are still my favorite part of it.
- Duke Robert Turnsen and Cyn's reaction to being Cup Bearer under him.
- Maxwell breaking, thus causing Silp, Giles and Aquari to break.
- Foss in front of the spider web obstacle, "nope"
- Goblin throwing a rock and hitting Draco in the chest "BaBoulder!"
- Krelik's reaction when I told him he just stepped on a baby.
- By the Dreamscape, I call for your end, for your annihilation, Magic Annihilate *Silp runs away from Han, 2 PCs get in front of hand. Me thinking "No. No PCs, don't jump in front of the Annihilate, don't perm!"*
- It's unfortunate it's dark, but everyone did so well on the Menra fight make up.
- Now having 6 Sarr in town, that's so many!
- Baron Davis giving Cyn the "Her Grace is rather upset about your letter...it's best to stay away from her for a bit" pep talk. "First off, it's Duchess Fairfax, not Naharis, and 2nd, it's Neheris with 2 E's" :)

See you all at the end of the month!

IN no particular order

the elosdi mod was awesome, it was nice to sit and plan out the attack.
"I LOVE PUBLIC EXECUTIONS!"
although i was at a distance, watching the sarr just murder the pantherghast
the puppet :D
the bard off, GREAT stories and songs
Making Jehan cry(who inturn made nahani cry)
Cracked aramis....both absolutely hilarious and terrifying at the same time :D
walking back from the carriage just in time to find a were crocodile with honey.....i thought i was SO dead, instead i got a warm and fuzzy, YAY
draco's terminate
some great RP with neolani
even more great RP with Sir Siril(man, you are making this tough IG LOL)
getting charmed and being dragged away by cecil cabal, then being forced to PVP(yeah, that didn't end well for me, but it was still fun while it lasted :D )
Nahani starting to get closure post chaka, starting to get that swagger back :)

all i can think of for now. great event and looking forward to the holloween event

I may or may not do a full list of favorites later, but here a couple things that made my event:

Cyn's group coming to appease the Beekin - just everything about that. The play was perfect.
Carly managing to keep an absolutely straight, dispassionate, "why would I even care what you think" face the entire time I was shouting in her face as Menra. She's had mixed success with Stone Elves in the past ( :p ) but she really pulled it off as Illumina.
I thoroughly enjoyed getting upstaged at the bard-off. Everybody was fantastic. I think I had more fun playing a couple songs by the fire afterward than I did with just about anything else this event.

Some of My Faves

- "Shun all non Sarrs" I am still laughing about that one.
- followed by "Shun all Non Dryad" and watching Silp running looking for a weapon then unleashing a WHOLE can whoop *** in one shot.
- The mushroom mod and Marsters accidentally PHYSICALLY binding me while trying to give me an enchantment.
-Helping Cyn with improving things with Forgotten hope and the "Deal" that had to be made with the Bee-Kyn. Ow the Honey and the dancing Sarr and the one act play.
- The feast and chilling around the camp fire. I have never felt more apart of a (extended)family then I did Saturday night.
- Were-beasts and getting bit. only I am sorry I hurt myself before the end of the Sat night mod and had to bail for some ice and first aid.
-Dragons on Sunday morning.

I miss mushrooms, dragons and the moon. Someone hates me.

:(

Amanda

I had my favorites all written out and then lost my draft :/ I'll try to remember as many as I can.
Thanks Carrie, Chris, Mike and "plot emeritus" Kyle for NPCing.

--Proving I could be a good Stone Elf for an entire hour :p
--Thaddeus's huge smile when he met his High Chancellor!
--Duke Robert Turnsen... Yeah.
--Bart acting all Prideful while carrying Menra's vault rocks
--Ser Mountaintusk throwing his socks to appease the Gnoll-bles
--Ser Mountaintusk's theories on criminal justice, "First time I beat you down. Do it again, I give you a fine."
--Ser Mountaintusk just being a badass ;)
--The feast! Also Duke Turnsen threatening Jehan with treason charges if the Sarr gnoll hearts didn't win the dessert competition
--7th unsuccessful hook for a certain group of goblins
--Ramona making life difficult for everyone. "Wouldn't it make more sense if YOU cast the sleep spells?" "But then I'd have to get out an aura... Eh, I'll just do it Voice Radius." Doing the right thing can't always be easy, Jehan :p

Had a great time for the parts I could make it to last weekend.

- Really fun joke off competition with Rob as a fae creature and Jehan playing judge.
- the hyper organized 'undead in a barn' mod. After meticulously going over battle formations with everybody, hearing Jehyu say "what's with all this organization, I thought we were adventurers?"
-Kazzik is always such a peach.
-Loving the waves of foes sheriff Draco threw into jail.
-That unfortunate time Sam was charmed by a Griffin 7 seconds before the town needed him to help with the Pantherghast that had just shunned all non-hoblings
- speaking of Griffins, had an awesome time rping with Rob and Carly. That kind of predatorial dance Carly and I were getting into as the discussion got more heated was great.
- I loved how cracked Aramis made me treat him like one of my students.
- the life storm dinner was fantastic, we did truly feel like a family at that point.
- Had a blast with the bard-off
-Love the increasing use of bottle service from my bar. I may have to buy more glass bottles.

Tons of great moments, the few I can recall.
-flexing my sherriffy might, swinging an eviscerate against Han expecting it to be soaked but at least starting the fight, and instead one shot downing him in front of the entire town
-The BaBoulder chief accidentally hitting my head, blames Grimshaw, who then apologizes to me. "Why are you believing the goblin!?"
-Also hearing them throw something and not expecting an actual repped rock.
-The feast. Everything about it. For once something went off without some kind of attack. Sometimes peaceful, relaxing RP is a nice change of pace.
- Interacting with Rob during the feast, first as the Master Solar, then as the Duke. A food pact is a sacred bond.
-Getting back from Menra mod, exhausted, sitting down, then looking up at the hook for the basilisks I've been trying to get done all year. Hope the internal screaming wasn't too loud Ryan :p
- "I'm going on a solo dream mod, it takes place in my bed."
- The great RP moment of the Company welcoming Aramis back to living in the earth circle, then all of us realizing no one's invested so we can't leave the circle
-The return of Intern, who of course was a Sarr the whole time and never was a barbarian.

Back