October event favorites!

Diamond_Kate

Artisan
Gettysburg Staff
Hi everyone!

Please post your October favorites! Everyone would love to hear what you liked best of the weekend.

This whole weekend was just amazing and fun! Npcs and staff was amazing as always!

- getting rolled by the dwarf at the beginning of The night knowing we might but we knew we had to try to get Zephs recipe back. Thank you Muggs for saving me! I owe you.
- meeting the...interface I think it was referred to?......and being interrupted by more dwarves who weren't happy we had trespassed.
- getting hunted by Order of the wild members alongside Thermosis. We both had our own ideas on how to elude them and went our separate ways after wishing each other luck. That we both succeeded was even better!
- meeting 2 dragons (Malfear and Wellarg) one of whom was on a rampage, and being intensely terrified of Malfear (spelling?) the resulting death and recreation of Brandr was really cool and the speech by Wellarg as he was doing so was great!
- watching intently as the Baron obliterated Kelker. Kelker had just earlier caused my first resurrection and so I wanted to witness this first hand. The resulting RP between him and Tieran was hilarious while we waited. Intense moment! And the pyrotechnics that resulted was great!
-Madness! This is a NPC that needs to come out more often! Watching his RP with Mairead was hilarious especially how she made it blush! "Aw, bunnycat!"
- stopping by to witness a vision ritual with Noldrick and then getting sucked I to the Apsuudi's realm. Wow. I was so out of my depth there, if it hasn't been for Black Forest, it would have been worse. Speaking of.....
Gilwing and I ran back to the door to escape and found it locked. This was moments after we were told it was our way to escape if things got too intense. And it did, and we seriously had a "oh ****" moment.
My interactions and RP with various PCs to get to know more of my new home. Getting to know and understand the human culture, Rothedran, from Tvard.
There is probably more I'm missing but those immediately come to mind! Great closer, great season and I can't wait to do it all again guys!
See you next season :)

Ry Smathers

A few favorites from the dark side

Watching Amanda and Darrkan continue to breath life into these nut ball creations of mine. One seasons in, get ready for the next one!
All the NPC's, and the enthusiasm and hard work of so few to do so much for so many
BF Charnie, cause I love playing with you guys
Actually just BF in general, because you guy were boss running that Saturday night mod! Major kudo's to everyone who went on that encounter, I look forward to your efforts for vengence.
**Gilwing screaming, kill her kill her throw it just throw it throw everything kill her kill her
**Drak asking if he could still heal people
The gut checks Chulain and Raina keep making
Puns at dinner
Watching people engage in all the personalities involved in the "dwarf plot".
Hearing everyone's interesting ideas for what to do next.
The realization of slow horror as the snowball Friday night got bigger and bigger and bigger.
Realizing how much I cannot wait for the next season to begin....so list your favorites and prepare your off season actions!!!

Joe Siegel
Resident Jerk
Plot member, Alliance GB

So yes another fantastic event is sadly in the past.
But did I mention it was fantastic?
The unscaled dragon egg stealing mod was awesome. Seeing and fighting with Tim Curry after so long great. I missed you Tim!

The feast? Well I never got to sit down and enjoy the feast itself but I enjoyed the atmosphere and having all the players together at one time for a meal was a,nice change.

Walking the loop alone in the AM saturday and sweeping up all the goodies!

Brandar's death scene for many reasons.

Cave of endless Beast men on a Sunday morning before breakfast? Sure let's go!

Ritual casting , ritual casting and more ritual casting.

Rich thanks for a great event

Wow ! Well I have to say, after being away from this for so long, it was good to be a bear again !!!!
I am Ved'Born.... The leather sewing blacksmith...
Thanks to all who tried to make me feel welcome and of course many, many thanks to the NPC's who were as "kind"? As could be......
Rich, and staff, thank you so much for getting me involved in the Sumday morning fight.....
I really did just come down for breakfast!!!
Saturday nights meal was fantastic!!!!
I think I'm still full from it!!!
Hopefully my real life situation will change soon enough and I will be able to join you all more next season.
One of the problems I seem to be having is npc'ing all the time is then trying to fit back in as my own character. I just don't see how you guys can do this so easily.
That final battle on Sunday was amazing. All the energy and effort put forth by all is something that makes me feel really good inside.
Thank you everyone for putting up with another new guy again. I'm trying to get a better grasp on things, but am afraid this will take awhile......
Thank you all once again,
Gerr

First, a huge thank you to the Staff and NPC's at the event. This was my first time in Gettysburg and I witnessed enough awesome to make me want to come back with a fury. Here are a few of my faves

-Friends: Few people understand the freeze dried concentrated awesome of being at a Nero event and making friends. More so to see so many of you after years of not playing. There are too many of you to name, but you know who you are. I missed you, and it was great to see you again. The RP was amazing, and I cant WAIT to get back into gear and play along with you guys again.

-The Food: Not since Chris "The Kitchen Beast" Hernandez decided to cook for a bunch of us one event have I EVER eaten so well at Nero (and trust me, the comparison with Lil Chris is a most high praise indeed). Each and everyone of you behind that counter deserves a hug from me. It was awesome. Dwarf Loaf, Bacon Sausage, Stuffing Balls, Sausage Gravy...all of it. Even just keeping the water ice cold, the coffee hot, and the Gatorade flowing...you guys showed a lot of dedication to the craft and I am in awe. Thank you so much

-The RP and Plot possibilities: Just hearing some of the cool twerks you guys have in the game like Elder Steel and what not, opens up my imagination in exciting new ways. And this was just a taste from one event, I cant wait to see what I find out next season. I am truly excited about playing...more than I have been in a long time. Thank you for that.

And lastly, The Ladies. In all gentlemanly fashion, with full respects to every husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, and or other...it was great to see so many ladies in Nero. I remember a time when it was maybe one or two tagging along with a significant other, now I see gathers of ladies RP'ing, fighting, singing, joking and just rocking out like no bodies business. As someone who remembers the Olden times the way I do...its a real blessing to have you there. It was a pleasure to meet those I did at the event, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you next season.

Well, I gotta get back to work now. I have more positives to share but this work thing is getting in the way. Hope you all have a great day, a blessed off season, and good Lord willing...I will see you all soon.

Until the Next,
Harold
aka Alushtas En I Amruun Arrn Gis
aka Muhktar Adam Asim Wa Hasam il Jahzim Ghazi

First and foremost, thanl you to Rich and his staff for another year spent in my favorite corner of Fortannis. Barran has so much to offer and I love exploring it and see if how every player or group of players finds their niche. Thanks for everyone's hard work and time and effort. I am so looking forward to next year.

-My beautiful Red Back family, even if we were a few members short. Your collective RP game is mad strong, your characters are all unoque, and you are all delightful OOG humans.
-Miles as Ixius, who dropped some really challenging RP midday Saturday. V has never had another Red Back be like "sooo, what you did to your family was kind of barbaric", and it hit her hard, especially finding out what he did to his boys during the Purge. On the upside, he reminded her of the importance of comfort to a society, which she totally forgot when rebuilding Fury Falls.
-Everything about Brandr this weekend. Finding out he's been helping V and her family against Melifarith all along blew my MIIIND. Such good RP, so many good conversations, and he'll always have her respect and gratitude.
-Dragon egg-stealing mod, dragon egg-stealing mod, dragon egg-stealing mod. Clean fighting, super challenging, and getting the pleasure of rogue-ing and egg and pulling my blood magic rift ripchord to get out of there at the last minute. Also the pre-mod discussion with the Misfits was... Pretty much the best.
-Radanzik!! You were so cool please be my friend forever.
-Our Spider squire, Avernorn. Kevin, you made all our games better and your willingness to do ridiculous things to make the Family laugh is so appreciated. Thank you for suffering for your Matriarch. :)
-THE FEAST WAS SO COOL! It felt so real and was so cool to see everyone eating together.
-Father daughter time and hookah time, giving names to Tvard's butthole.
-"Go to the earth circle and meditate." TIME TO COVER MYSELF IN RED CAKE MAKEUP AND SELF-FLAGELLATE.
-Colby's dark elf was so suave. His dildagger... Not so much. What a cool character! And his bar totally gave Taryn a fun for her money. :pp
-A talk with Chulainn on Saturday night. V doesn't cry a lot, but daaaaaaamn. DAMN. Thank you,Frank. I'll mis my surly cat next year.
-Melifarith. Chris is so good as that scumbag. Keep it up.

Favorite parts of the weekend. I feast was excellent Amanda and her crew did amazing job. I only Npc and don't have a pc character yet but I loved running round as the stitches giant chasing after the pc's. Best deaths blow-up in the middle of a Hugh group during the last wave battle and the pc who stuck me a death strike after came out the portal.

Hanging out with old friends.
Making new friends.
Doing loops and finding stuff.
Dark elf barkeep with swanky crystal and yummy trail mix.
Breakfast.
Banter during a hold after I terminated an exploding guy (probably Tommy) "Some of us never learn." "Some of us have spellshields."
Being undermanned but not outmatched during Saturday night's town mod/ dead walk.
Rich being so connected with the game and the players, really making sure people had fun.
Sunday morning beastmen mod - both the fighting and the different reactions when people realized how big our APL would be.

As always, another great weekend in Gettysburg!

Favorites from the weekend:
- The feast was awesome, both the food and getting everyone in one place at one time
- The tavern in general felt much more like a tavern and a lot less like some place to wander in and ask for food which was awesome, great job by everyone involved
- Fighting the gelatinous cube inside the sewers and watching Mairead give herself tennis elbow
- Deadwalk Saturday was great, the NPCs had infinite energy
- Brandr's final double-cross and his final death - Artos never understood the guy or everything he was up to, but man that was a pretty epic way to go

Okay so I finally have a chance to breath and actually comprehend what went on this weekend.

THANK YOU NPCs! You guys rock!

In no particular order.

Walking in Friday only to have Nashira(sp?) walk straight to me and collapse in my arms. What a way to start the weekend!

Spending Friday night in the tavern spreading information that Nashira gave me out.

Trying really hard to be a good guild leader. Sapharia has so many doubts that she's doing a good job.

Hearing "Where does Angel go when she has a Customer Service Issue" Meant as a joke but it was soooo true at the time. Thanks Tim.

Play test and Black Forest...

All the Gems! I love working in the Guild and I enjoy all the RP that comes from it.

I LOVE coming out as Chloe. OMG the banter....V and Tavard making jokes about Melafarith (sp?) "courting" Chloe......*hangs head*

Running my first Mod as a Rules Marshal. Thanks for everyone that was on that mod being a good sport and dealing with me. I was soooo nervous!

After that going out as a spirit and hanging out with Tyran and the group. You guys are a funny bunch.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Favs for me include but are not limited to:

-Dragon egg steal. That moment when we realized it wasn't gonna be the easy in and out brandr hoped for. "**** it, roll him." I fought so hard, I can't believe we all made it out. Love my misfits.

-Chris as the black dragon basically calling out, verbatim, keldar's understanding of the Hyderran code.

- I STABBED A DRAGON. AGAIN.

-The feast was delicious, and it was great to see Rich as his ogre.

-Soloed a stitch golem. Felt good. Thanks NPCs

-Faceless murder spree. Sorry for waking people up but....
Well I blame Joe.

-Taking down Teiran as a member of an Order of the Scales hit squad. And then being blown up.

-teaching 3 Dragon Ante to a new group. My following grows.

yay finally got my computer fixed.

very awesome weekend and very sad that we all have to wait.

-Some amazing rp this weekend. I love playing Jadden because so maybe people come to me for answers and it just opens up hours of great role-play

-House Tranquility having its own manor house in Giesban! I can't wait to see some of the perks!

-Welcome back Harold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISSED YA BRO!

-Hearing about Arc casting a magic storm and ppl going... WTF!? I wish I was there!

-Play A$$hole dragon again! I honestly love that character and I'm glad some many of you do as well. I was so nervous going into that role, but the compliments I get from my friends... and Justin D ;) ... really make me excited to play him!

-The future plans for House Tranquility. All of us throwing ideas out there and starting the ball moving!

-Play testing with the BF boys! I honestly love hanging with you guys no matter what were doing.

-Watching Mireath fight her assassin, it was so hard not to scream and cheer her on, my heart was bursting watching that. You go girl!

-See Arc take his sage's guild test and merriment guild test, so proud of you dude!

-Find oog that Jadden has a cult of followers! I died! I'm still laughing about it! I really cant wait until next season.

-Getting to marshal my own ritual (with Dom watching over me). Thank you AGB. I have been wanted to be a marshal since my second year. Thank you for giving me a chance!

- All things Rich, Mandy, Chris and Tyler yall were busting you butts back there! great Job!

AND THANK YOU NPCS! Y'all are a machine, do not forget that! You all did amazing work and did a great job!

See everyone next year!
Much love,

-Chris
aka "The Black Lamb"

So many great moments!

Rich! Wow! What a great game! You and your crew were awesome, and I am so glad I came to visit!

First and foremost I want to thank Amanda and Darkon for convincing me to come out after my trip was cancelled last minute. I was ready to throw in the towel on the trip, and I am so glad I did not.

Your folks world is AMAZING. I loved it. So many neat little things going on, and such personalization that makes the game so neat for every type of player.

The Tavern was hands down the most awesome one I have experienced in all my years of LARPing, the whole Misfits crew back there was great, and I looked forward to coming in and hanging out every day.

Late night faceless stuff on Friday! I tried so hard to get us help, but in the end just made new friends. What fun it was though along the way. (Truly sorry for anyone we woke up, but I personally love the immersion of a true 24hr LARP, thanks for keeping stuff going for those of us who stayed up late!)

Rituals! The Barran way. Where I come from, I am one of the last people to ever cast a ritual. There are so many more powerful ritualists that I almost never get a chance to cast. It was very fun not just to learn a "new" way to do it, but to actually get a chance to magic some stuff up. Thanks also to Dom and Chris for marshaling for us. I know it takes you guys out of game for a bit, and I genuinely appreciate you doing that for us.

Dragon Egg! I tapped myself, I might have run through a wall, I died, I lived (through mystical means, I am going to assume I owe something out there a favor!), I saved dying people, I used all the potions, I used all the spells, I made a daring escape, and I made new friends! Honestly I could have just done that one mod and I would have been completely content for the whole weekend!

Speaking of new friends! Red Backs! Thank you for your hospitality! You helped me with my guild test, you helped us with an egg problem, you shared your wine, company, hookah time, and gave me "Dwarven Cuddle Room" which I will cherish for all time.

The feast was so good! Also getting to see BF and meeting Gilwing was great! It's so neat to travel and meet people, especially ones that you have heard stories about in the past. Putting faces and personalities to stories makes the whole idea of a national game so awesome.

Running around as Angels Bug/undead minions on Saturday night, it was dark and spooky, and you kept it fun for us. Great job creating a fun challenge to be a part of.

Saturday night Deadwalk! Woooo! There are days that I miss swinging stick. Fighting up a hill is so tough. Thanks to everyone who gave me a chance to swing at them, and thank you especially to those who came off the porch and gave us a fight ;)

Sunday morning Beast man tunnel! Thank you Tyson for coming and getting me for that! I had a ton of fun hiding in the second row throwing support spells for the crew! Thanks Joe, and all the NPC's who gave us a great fight, for putting that together.

All in all, I had a ton of fun. I expect to come see you all next year, and next time I will be able to stay through the end of Sunday!

Thanks again,

-Tony Mungo
IG: Cookie, Raganzi, or the bandit with the flaming pants

I love all of you guys. Thank you in every way possible for helping to make Alliance Gettysburg better and better with each year! ☺️

Thank you to all of my staff: Mandy for being my rock, Angel for being my shoulder; Joe for being my Id; Tyler for being my creativity; Dominic for being my reason; Tyson and Brian for being my hands; Jim Warrington for doing far more for this game than anyone knows; Amanda and kitchen crew, my stomach and Amanda for being my closet :) i love you all so very much.

Emily, David, Joe, Mike, Frisco, Jill and Elissa for helping with plot, write-ups and bad ideas.

To all of you who have donated to the chapter. Helping us making sure we have the equipment we need. helping us through food, garb, gear, computers, allows us to have this game. Thank you so much!

To my guilds and the leaders. Thank you for taking ownership of this idea and running with it.

To my npcs for being there: we the few, here to entertain the many, who die too often, with so much loot, love and energy. I salute you.

To my secondary staff: my marshals, my medics, my helpers at the beginning and the end of the weekend. Thank you

To all of my players, old and young. Thank you for all of the crazy stuff you come up with. Your ideas, write-ups, history, and reactions are the reason this game is here. To tell the story of Barran takes all of us.

Here's to another year in the books and many more to come!

Back