October Favorites from the Banquet Event

Mx.Wren

Good times were had! After jumping blindly into the insanity of castle event, it felt great to settle into my character's skin and get to know so many of you, both IG and OOG. I wasn't able to get contact info from some of you before bailing back to the cities, but drop me a line on here (or FB, wherever) if you want to get together for any crafting or weapons practice during the winter.

Some of my favorite moments from the event, in no particular order:
- dancing in the pouring rain for Lord Asher's 12 coppers.
- tavern and dueling shenanigans with the G.G.
- Baeleon not getting turned undead and dragged off into the woods to suffer a grim fate.
- dueling with Auryn and witnessing the secret MiWi rogue duelling psyche-out moves.
- everything Durl.
- charm buddies!
- battlefield banter that made NPCs crack smiles.
- Von Gryphon's paranoia sprints.
- feeblemind babysitters, and getting repeatedly burned by Gronk's celestial items.
- demonstrating Azeban's prowess with quick-release knots on his dagger tie to Valentino.
- exuberant first-timers.

*Getting to let Zihr know that we were finally going on the werewolf hunt he waited so eagerly for the entire weekend.
*The surprise trio of undead that chased us through the woods and back to the tavern. "hey uh, there are some skeletons following us" "yeah... I think we should run."
*My new "flawed" earth blade that let me cut through the undead like butter this weekend. That was so fun.
*the "knight" who walked onto the porch. "I destroy this measly haven of the living" followed immediately by the entire town rushing upstairs. And the battle that ensued, I think that's been my favorite fight.
*Bill Engstrom strikes again! He will probably be the most memorable NPC ever, in my book. I had a good time with him.
*"Spell strike destroy undead." "What do you say?" "Oh yeah.. EAARRFFF"

What a great weekend! Here are a few of my faves ...

~Werewolf! I can't say enough good things about this. From the build up throughout the weekend to the final blow that took the werewolf down, I loved every minute of it.
~Bill Strikes Again!! I hope we run into this farmer again. "Are you done talking?"
~Feeblemindly eating bananas and seeing everyone's face when I bit into it
~Gourd-Geist and the Vines (that should be a band name) engulfing us ... oh man that could have ended so poorly, great job coming together everyone
~Plague Lord battle. Loved every minute of it, starting outside and had the feel of another undead fight, but kept getting harder and harder. Turtling inside the Tavern, hearing someone shout "They're inside!!" ... great times, really intense.

And so many others ... what a great way to end the season. I'm already looking forward to next year!! Thanks to everyone for making it so memorable. :)

~Zihr

a couple of my favorites.. collecting the various essences from several creatures to help combat the larger one that is coming, seeing new players getting comfortable with the role-playing as pcs and npcs.

Back