October Favorites

Shane

Artisan
Since it seems that some people prefer to wait until someone else makes a thread (lazy!), here's your October event favorites thread. I'll post a few in a bit.

Friday night I walk out of the tavern alone with my cup of hot cider in hand. I see Vry begin attacked by two undead -- one of which is swinging pretty high damage. Vry is doing a pretty good job fending them off, backing away as they swing. I take a sip of my cider, then carfully set it down on the ground before moving in and beating down the two undead. Wolf and Utieties arrive when it's over, and Vry is kneeling on the ground, recovering (possibly refitting). The "You took the time to set down your drink?!" reaction I got when I returned to pick up my beverage was hilarious.

Jonathan of the Legion of Tiphon. Best NPC ever. I'm so glad we didn't let him die.

Werewolf plot and all the roleplay I have with Keely as a result of it.

Even though it failed, imploring the Cerebral Devourer on my knees to help us destroy Bjorn. Unfortunately for me, I believe a photo may have been taken of me kneeling before her. Oops. (For the record, I still regret creating the Devourers. They are way too bad *** and dangerous! I never thought I'd be PCing in NH and risking having my brain eaten.)

Mourgrymm. Gary took the tiny threads of "he's become a horrible monster" that I hinted at several years ago, and turned the character into an intensely creepy creature. That mask is amazing.

Final battle: First of all, getting to retain my intelligence as a werewolf was awesome, as I didn't have to run in berserk and get tooled down. Second, Brian Bender. He is always amazingly entertaining as Rahksa, and it was really hard to keep myself from laughing as he apologized for hitting me with magic storm packets and, every time he hit, blasting himself with one. "I'm sorry Ator! I love you like a brother!"

1. Seeing everyone and hugs all around.
2. The "control werewolf by voice TRANSFORM!" moment. I got it on video!
3. Kelsey teaching me how to look at said videos.
4. Watching Ray and Sean playing Orin(sp?) and Justicar and discussing what would need to happen due to some laws that were broke and them totally playing it out as if they didn't know even though their other chars were the ones involved. THE BEST role play I've seen in that they really acted as though their current chars didn't know what had happend! Everyone out of game around them was SO SILENT as we watched.
5. Raven scavenger I ADORE CORVUS CORAX!!!! Just wish I'd gotten the chance to play her again after I made a mask and wig for her! heheh
6. Dan sending me out as a MWE to find Kai I'm psyched to get to RP with Jess/Kai and I get my horns and ears on ....and then he tells me what I have to go do and I'm like WHAT?!! ARE YOU SERIOUS DAN?! he was serious...and I actually love playing bad guys! THANKS DAN!
7. Apple Crisp!!
8. hamburg, black olive, pineapple, broccoli pizza YUM
9. seeing Jaimi with her hair down and watching her put on lipstick!
10. Doing girly things with Stephanie who is like my very bestest girl friend! (make up and dress up!)
11. getting to play a vampire...its every goff's dream, even if it was only a fledgeling.
12. watching ben put on vampire make up and it almost making me sick (he should work for a gore movie effects company)
13. Samara's glow in the dark squid face
14. Gear Dwarf's (sorry don't know Paul's char's name) explanation of glowy squid face to another char!HILARIOUS
15. High Orc with blood loss "do you need healing?" "no, I just bleeding" "okay so then you need healing?" "no" "ummm...hmmmm why is his wrist bleeding and he doesn't want it healed?"
16. getting lost with Rachel when we went to get pizza HEHEHEHEH
17. The story of the epic FAN
18. the undertaker (ben you never cease to make me laugh)
19. stories around the ashtray
20. hanging out with mark and sandy
21. finding my button in the ashtray unscathed!
22. An acorn fell on my head!
23. getting waylaid by sadupta (the girl is crazy bright colored how is it that I dont' see her sneaking up on me????)
24. epic rain
25. harlequin (creepy)
26. lauren and her nutella
27. tori's hard-core-ness
28. Taco Bell!

more later.
I do have a least favorite moment, but I'm sure it would be the same least favorite moment of everyone else.

Shane said:
Friday night I walk out of the tavern alone with my cup of hot cider in hand. I see Vry begin attacked by two undead -- one of which is swinging pretty high damage. Vry is doing a pretty good job fending them off, backing away as they swing. I take a sip of my cider, then carfully set it down on the ground before moving in and beating down the two undead. Wolf and Utieties arrive when it's over, and Vry is kneeling on the ground, recovering (possibly refitting). The "You took the time to set down your drink?!" reaction I got when I returned to pick up my beverage was hilarious.
I was at 1 body point. I appreciate that. A lot.

I'll post my favorites later.

Def fav moment of the weekend was the Sunday Goblins. The Earth dagger and everything that came from it. Waylaying him and then paying him for the dagger while he was waylayed. "So this is how goblins get treasure. Townspeople knock them out, take their good stuff, feel bad, and then pay them for it."

"I'm rich!!!!!!!!!!!"

Care packages with Lindt chocolates.

Emilio coming out just as we expected, right after a battle when those who wanted to fight were half tapped.

Rock, just too amusing

Dark elf plot and poor Morai not being there. Seeing her and hearing that she married a Wild Elf. The then quick question of "what house are you from" and "oh crap" reaction. "let's just say it's not Morai's and move on then."

Group trips to White Sun with the two Earth casters doing ID's.

I learned something important this weekend. If you see a plot memeber in a white headband, don't pet them. You'll suddenly have green mist all around you.

Sun being called a freak by yet another person.

Joquin's response to when Sun said "when I become a shadowmage" and her being confused as to why he was so surprised to hear someone say it.

Using Sun logic to chear up tinker and it actually kind of working.

I'm sure there's more, but time to get back to the HPLC. tata!

Jen

"I do have a least favorite moment, but I'm sure it would be the same least favorite moment of everyone else."

Mark,

Again, thanks for being such a good sport. You took it like a champ. I know it’s terrible, but at least it was a heroic death.

Marcus of Freeport was the first permanent death of a PC in the Deadlands chapter, and he was of the first generation of Syraandor characters in the original chapter. Suffice to say, he’s been with us a long time.

In game and out of game, he will be dearly missed.

Thank you so much for bringing this character into our game and into our lives. Our memory of him will endure for a life time.

Gary

i loved this event and i had a lot of fun
some of my favorites were
going out as the pumkin master koozle wort lol and then when going back to npc camp sean goes like hes the pumpkin king and carving some one "haw haw haw, how do you like it...," scoops out insides then says "candle," as hes reaching back in was tottaly hillarious
going out as ben's bacon golom on sunday was so great. though it was really hard not to laugh to much. and darius got cursed with silence, ben's gonna have a hard sell for him next time.
watching sean as the goblin being parinoid because of ben's breakfast food, with the throwing dagger "2 earth!" throws it and chases it down " gimme back my dagger." attacks craig lol trying to get the dagger back was awsome
and jena we did not get lost, there were slightly bad directions.
doing that mod were i was a harpie was fun. stephine, me and one of the new npc girls were all ready role playing before the group even got to us was great
and even though i had to take off my lightning bolt make up cause ray asked me too and then found out i was going to do the adventure hook and said "ohh that sounds like a big responsiblity..." i still did it and i had a lot of fun doing that and doing the mod its self. especially being offered up as another slave, (a ploy btw) thanks pc's for that :p
npc camp, i luv u guys you are so fun and i will be npcing in november
and i hope everyone enjoyed the apple crisp i made for you npc people and pc people.
the final battle was great when i was swinging 10 destruction and then when i got buffed and got 20 destruction and hearing a player go "wait, what are you swinging? woah,,, time ot back away." was great
that 20 damage is a new record for how much i have got to swing as an npc so far for you well seasoned npc guys i know that isnt much but im happy with it.
i liked the underwater thing being a shark was cool and when i got to engulf tinker was great , that was my goal during that battle was to eat some one sorry it was you, i know you rezed twice that event
anyway october was great and i had a ton of fun as usual
laterz

Deadlands said:
"I do have a least favorite moment, but I'm sure it would be the same least favorite moment of everyone else."

Mark,

Again, thanks for being such a good sport. You took it like a champ. I know it’s terrible, but at least it was a heroic death.

Marcus of Freeport was the first permanent death of a PC in the Deadlands chapter, and he was of the first generation of Syraandor characters in the original chapter. Suffice to say, he’s been with us a long time.

Thank you so much for bringing this character into our game and into our lives. Our memory of him will endure for a life time.

Gary

MOTHER...... F**KER...... :eek:

In and Out of Game.... I'm going to choke a b**tch over this one.

Shhh said:
Deadlands said:

Mark,

Gary

MOTHER...... F**KER...... :eek:

In and Out of Game.... I'm going to choke a b**tch over this one.

Say....don't you have life spells?

Guess you should have been there.....

It's okay, just remind yourself to not miss any events when you're looking over poor Marcus's grave.

Pass this message on to Dim and George, please.

PS. Nic shouldn't feel too bad. Sir Wynn, Paladar and he were all off meeting the queen. YOU, however, were just working, which is no excuse.

Here are my favs

PCing deadlands for the first time. it was great.

On that note getting to rp with some characters that i have really wanted to interact with for a long time. It was great to finally be on a side that i could do that.

Finding the worst looking bling magic item ive ever seen... but its magic so i dont care.

hot cider.. FANTASTIC

wathcing mice run through the tavern.

the sun on sunday coming out was so nice after all that rain saturday.

despite how horribly we fought the battle, and how some may think it was stated I loved saturday night's wave battle. It was an epic defeat with dire losses but the way that kind of thing makes your heart pound and get the adrenaline pumping is why i play the game.

paranoid goblins and their earth dagger.

"I SHIV YOU".

all around good time. I look forward to November.

- First and foremost: Gary, Sean and Ray. I love these guys. They make it aaaaaall happen.

- Getting to feel like a useful, nay, even necessary part of NPC camp. I wrote stuff, I sent out monsters, I handed out treasure, I felt all official! And yes, I really did spell-and-grammar-check the entire weekend.

- All things Sashi. That mask took about a week to make (it's got roughly eight layers of glow-in-the-dark paint and could do with a couple more), I'm SO glad it got the desired effect when it came out! Rockin with the Doom Brigade, exploding a Puriel shard, RP in my secret lair, shady dealings, Sunday RP... And feeling a rush of complete awesome when Ator actually knelt to me. And I hear there's photographic evidence! Sweet!

- Intense roleplay with Sevaria as Lithandril. Telling Sev to grow up!

- Listening to the PCs (mostly Darius and Sev) go off on Lord Samuel, both in and out of his presence, and being thoroughly convinced that going to Sadeen Moore is a BAD PLAN.

- Going out late Friday night as the "woe is me I'm a vampire let me lure you into the woods" fledgling with maybe 20 body... and suddenly meeting Casey, Utieties, Kainen and Air Raksa. Oops! Having to mope and throw myself a pity-party to get out of it intact, and getting to feed on not one but TWO people. Yum.

- Joaquin disarming Mike's vampire fan and subsequently picking it up and keeping it. As the donator of that particular piece, I am thoroughly alright with that.

- PIZZA IN NPC CAMP. Thank you Mike and Gena!

- On a related note, APPLE CRISP IN NPC CAMP. Thank you Rachel!!

- Everyone who took the time to care for Lithandril. Bonding with Kai about being new mothers, breathing exercises and entertainment from Medb, vows of protection from several townsfolk. And of course, the conclusion with Ria Taybris/Tianifel.

- The Children of Autumn mod. Partly I'm proud because I helped rewrite it (my first time writing!), mostly it was just awesome. Really great roleplay from everyone involved.

- Going out as the theatre troupe/former vampires just for some roleplay, seeing Mourgrymm and instantly deciding to write a play about him. Recurring characters? I think so.

- The Hoboest Hobo That Ever Hoboed -- or rather, what I look like as Sashi without the mask on. Black lower face and black around the eyes, translating to hobo beard and raccoon eyes. It's sexy.

- Lauren as my NPC girlfriend... And actually deciding to play girlfriends during the last encounter. Because, why not?

- Sending out the Pumpkin Master and Frypan on Sunday morning. "Okay, so, the Pumpkin Master can go one of two ways. You can go 'I'm the Pumpkin Master and I have come to compliment you on your masterful carving' or 'I'm the Pumpkin Master and what have you done to Bob?!'"

- The fact that as soon as I went OOG after playing Lithandril, everyone wanted to (and did) punch my baby-bulge. You guys are so sick.

- Receiving the highest LARP compliment I've gotten to date: "You roleplay like Torrie swings pipe". Rock on!

The little bit of bad weather aside, this event rocked!! So many good moments, I'm sure I'll leave some out. These are the ones I remember off the top of my head,

Getting my first Backstab and Weapon Prof this event!

Switching weapons like 10 times this weekend. From my sword, to Wolf's temp magic sword, to Wolf's Silver sword, back to my Sword, to Utieties' spare magic sword, to just my dagger, to nothing, back to my dagger, then back to Utieties' spare magic sword and my sword at the same time.

Having Ator save me from two undead Friday night.

Being trapped in the Circle while the town was fighting vampires. Thank you Pantzike!

Vry Pantherghast. If I don't see one of those next season I'll be mad! ;)

Randomly finding a gold, 3 silver, and 4 copper lying on the ground in a big pile Saturday morning. Then finding another gold and 2 silver 10 feet from the other pile. I love when people don't search their kills! :D

Fending off Gary and another NPC as Goblins Saturday morning with just Deborah, Sevaria, and me. It was a very tough fight, and I could tell Gary was holding back a little, but it was still intense. I loved when Gary poked his head in the tavern and said "Got one!" and then Gary laughing at his goblin caster when he ran out of spells.

Underwater fight. It was rough, but fun at the same time.

Pulling Tags during study hour!!! It was so much fun, and I will willingly do it again any time (not November though, I won't be there).

Finding out that Ithica actually does wear clothes.

Playing chess Saturday night. Utieties losing and then I beat the guy whose name I can't remember, in one move. (I just knocked over his king and walked away)

Saturday night fight in the rain was intense. Granted, lots of unfun stuff came from it, but I didn't get very wet at all (feet were completely dry!). Tinker rezing twice sucks, as well as what happened with Marcus, but the town was fighting very poorly and we were missing some very important people.

Sleeping in a Motel Saturday night.

The Pumpkin NPC and then Sean being the Great Pumkin at NPC camp. *Pretends to carve a face in a person* "How do you like it?!" If there is ever a Great Pumpkin encounter, Sean has to play it. No matter what.

The return of the Breakfast King with a bacon golem.

Sean's goblin Sunday, with his epic earth throwing dagger. After Sun Waylayed him and stowed him in the forest with 3 gold in his pockets, he comes back saying drinks are on him because he's rich. Awesome times.

Ithica and Rahksa's duet in the field was epic.

Speaking of Rahska, just about everything he did this past weekend was hilarious and entertaining as hell. When he was talking about where he wants the green mist to take him was hilarious. After getting back from the final big battle him going up to Ator and saying "Chieftain, you hit hard! I thought I could send it back to you but you sent it back to me!". Then, standing there taking Sean's death spells Sunday going "Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, oh crap..got it!" *crumples over*.

I'm sure I left some out, I'll add to the list later as more come to me.

Another one,

Giving Ithica my silver dagger to fight the werewolves with. Shield and Dagger is such a good combination! ;)

So much about the event it is hard to choose. I'm just going to say awsome role playing with Dan, Jamie, Gary and many others.
Watching the look on Vry's face when I started to tell a story about a young warrior who skills have grately improved and was asked his name by those asking to hear stories about people in the town. Instead I introduced him.
Watching Casive and Medb go back and forth "New Guy"

My favorites.

Life Spell. Finally getting a 9th level spell. I am truly the master of life and death.

Yelling at Ator for taking time to carefully set down his drink before helping Vry. What a ****.

F%#king Jerry. Samara's vampire was a good encounter. Letting her have some of my blood and then finding out that Rock did too. She totally played us both.

All things Air Rashka. Brian Bender is the man. Everything he did this weekend was amazing.

Jonathan the werewolf. Gary had some good lines this weekend. "She smells like...like..f%#king a unicorn," "mother f%#ker is that my hat?" And Gary I still have your hat so I will bring it back in 2 weeks.

The Saturday night battle was epic and brutal. It was sad to hear what happened to Mark but he seemed to be in good spirts about it. I don't think I will be that calm when Utieties' time comes.

The mod with Sashi. It was kind of scary when she asked us all to kindly put down our weapons.

Sitting in the healer's guild with Doug, Kelly, Dan, and Stacey and wanting to text Gary in NPC camp this message.

Dear Gary,

By NERO rules we are all technically surgeons. So we will be performing a C-section on the dark elf NPC that is sleeping in the healer's guild. Dan his here to Marshall it for us so we will let you know how it goes.

Love always,
Dan, Stacey, Doug, Kelly, and Gavin.

"Not all who wonder are lost."
-Tolkien

Having Dan PC again was awesome. Last time he PCed he begged us all out of game to stop using necro so he could hang out with us more. I hope you get to play more Dan.

Right before the last town mod Ray asking if anyone had any weird craftsman skills. Apparently Fire ant body language translator isn't what he had in mind when he asked that question.

Getting to play the kitty song again in game. Everyone loves that song.

Going toe to toe with Sean as Beuorn. Granted I couldn't take any of his hits, but I had a lot of magic armors.

Finally Craig Fisk is the man for his comment about why he didn't travel the world after he graduated high school.

It was a great event. I am sad that the last event of season is soon, but I will be NPCing next week event so I will see you all then.

Deborah said:
Watching the look on Vry's face when I started to tell a story about a young warrior who skills have grately improved and was asked his name by those asking to hear stories about people in the town. Instead I introduced him.
Aaahhh! How could I forget that! As soon as you started that I knew you were talking about me. Thank you very much! :D

Vanguard. I love joking around with these guys.

Marcus of frickin freeport is dead!? When I heard that it felt like getting kicked in the face (see previous posts about Yuder, Koshi, Ragnar...). 2008 is brutal on so many levels. Mark is my hero, I have had the priviledge of playing this game with him for like 6 years and he has always been THE MAN. Good luck with your secondary bro. I am never going to forget that character. Rock went to the frickin Darkside to get his body back from the Malachide.

Ithica and Air Raksa making music on Sunday, it's the newest east coast alliance hit "When you are thirsty; don't drink the lava"

Basking in the sun with Kainen THE SNAKEHEADMAN. So everyone knows there is pictures for sale of me and him sleeping in the same bed at the Hotel on Friday Night. I think Bald is the new sexy.

Amaranthus. Bill is a great guy to roleplay with. Thanks for being a great sport about everything. Chillin wif Bill at dinner is always a pleasure. Bobby Flay is the man.

All things Gary Marvel. Always impressed.

Metzler. Mad props. Mad props.

Deborah. I love roleplaying with Deborah. Hearing her cry about Marcus killed a piece of my soul. Luckily Rock was at the bar when that happened. "Make that a double..."

Dwarven Barkeep "Master Hammerfall", awesome frickin job.

Here Rock... Do you want this Void Shard? Oh man... That was so wrong. I so regret pussing out. All I could think about is later getting obliterated by the Justicar, lol.

Ivar hookin me up with a silver sword. Made me feel great, like a new lease on larping.

The Steel Cage Match inside of Air Raksa's mind. Handing out Celestial Spell Shields on the Biata and choking myself with my chains "to make all the voices sound high pitched". UNDEAD PETTING ZOO!!! UNDEAD PETTING ZOO!!! That was awesome, going Berserk on Amaranthus at the end.

All things Ator. Shane is like a Larping Demi-God to me. The second event I ever played is when i developed my man-crush.

Hearing later about the hook for the Dryad mod: "that guy is definately not going with us". lol

Deadlands Plot and NPCs awesome job. See you in TWO WEEKS in Kingston.

WOOT one year old babies!!

Cheers!
-Brian B

Hmm lets see
first of all Thank you all NPC's And plot awsome weekend

Ticking Deborah off and getting sent to the kitchen as a punishment to only sneek out and say hello and laugh from outside the tavern door and getting deb to laugh so hard she fell out of game for a sec.

RPing with all of you its was an awsome time. RPing is the main reason i play :) specially behind the bar I get to meet everyone.

The massive battle saturday night in the rain it kinda sucked for the town but had some of us low peeps shacking in our boots.

Waiting to go on a Mod for the dwarven mine with ray. while we where waiting ray was saying his dwarf gut was a "love shed" and "Love shelf" about had me in stiches.

Being underwater at this event bringign in my dwarven character for the first time and him Being teriffied of water (geez what timing). The being eaten by an undead shark.

Naming the mouse in the tavern timmy the vulgar gargoyal's new mascot.

Having almost a sibling rivalry with Medb now that im the new guy in the tavern.

as a new character and hitting a goblin with 13 normal (thanks to ivars vorpral serious arrows) and watching a level one ask me how the heck do you hit that hard :)

and last but not least dont forget the apple crisp. :) i couldnt serve it fast enough. Or the beef stew for that matter. both disapeared with in minutes of it apearing :)

Thank you all for a great weekend i cant wait to see you all again :)

Wow. Well, first off, I have to say that this event is the best RP I've ever had with this character. You guys all rock. Now, let's see if I can assemble a list.

1. Resurrecting twice in the same event. To the same storyteller. Those resurrections have permanently changed how my character behaves. And both were absolutely epic.

2. The irony of me resurrecting to a clockwork construct.

3. The green mist rising up, again and again, and Kurguard wanting so badly to stay behind. But, apparently the green mist has plans for Kurguard. Of course, whatever those plans are, they hurt.

4. The Breakfast Kin- sorry, Emperor. I ate some bacon and got a Spell Shield. Sean ate something and got a weapon coating, if I remember correctly. And the constant warnings to all the new adventurers not to eat the Breakfast King's food.

5. The number of times that Kurguard was completely lost about what was going on. No one tells him enough information, so he's simply wandering around being puzzled all the time. And every time he wanders up to a conversation that might tell him something, everyone waves their hands at him and goes "shoo!"

6. Having something like a half-hour debate over the nature of magic, technology, and assorted related concepts. And having to technobabble my way through a clockwork, steampunk explanation using medieval terminology. And, on top of that, watching PCs trying to debate the ethics of genetic engineering using IG terms. You rock, Gary!

7. Having a bunch of NPCs trying to tell me that their relatives exploded through alchemy. And Kurguard just thinking that they're all on Euphoria or Hallucinate and wanting to get away.

8. Amanranthis' constant paranoia over all of Kurguard's creations. The best of which was when he picked up a music box and then refused to move because it would explode. Or when Kurguard loaned the mechanical sword to him, and he ran around being scared it was going to explode. Why do people associate explosions with Kurguard? He hasn't done anything yet.

9. The extremely good RP at the tavern after my second resurrection. The sheer amount of combined fury, sorrow, and helplessness that I was projecting was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who tried to make Kurguard understand Markus' loss. I was going to hate wandering around the entire rest of the weekend acting like I was responsible. Oh, and the comment about the music box being beautiful? Somehow I think Kurguard's faith in others understanding his craft is restored.

10. The sheer number of times this weekend that something started a 3-count to come into game, and Kurguard was there, right at the front lines, getting killed. I think the getting killed part wasn't good, but the ability to RP my character by constantly stepping up to face danger was fun. I also appreciated the number of curing spells Kurguard absorbed during the weekend. Thanks, healers!

11. Sean makes a good goblin.

12. And, finally, the thought that maybe, just maybe, my character will actually become a part of this town. That for once, Kurguard will actually be useful and respected. And that tied up in that is the fact that this chapter, these few games I've PCed Kurguard, are some of the best games I've ever played. Thank you, everyone. See you in a week and a half.

Oh, and the one last thing which is amazingly awesome:

WE ACTUALLY HAVE DWARVES! We have a dwarven contingent large enough to support mods and varied professions. The feeling of looking around and going "wow, there's a lot of beard around here all of a sudden" is awesome.

Back