October Poll

In October would you rather:

• Return to the Castle for Halloweenie Activities?

• Return to the Castle AND have faire day activities on the grounds/nearby state park?

• Go to an alt site with an outdoor tavern, stables, and 2 floor barn for a faire day?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
October poll:

Castle day with fairgrounds faire day.

Alt site with outdoor tavern and barn for faire day.

Am I reading this correctly that we will not be able to hold a full weekend game in October then?

For the record, my favorite site is still where we did the Lost March campaign. Tons of paths through trees, winding areas, and fun exploration

Bummer to hear about the site, but let's definitely get a game going still!!!

Also, I'd like to point out that we DEFINITELY need to do an October game, a year without a ball would be such a tragedy! It's by far one of our most popular games, and we have a bunch of people who want to fly in for it.

I agree. We really do need an October game even if just for the ball. Maybe we could do some mods during the day Saturday and have the ball that night. If we can get PCs to jump ship for shifts we could run the mods a bit larger than normal to better accommodate larger teams, so that no one feels left out.

Working to move October Topic over here and respond.

If we were to work with the castle, what times would be available? Would it be possible to have an Evening Ball with mods in the day time? As a player I don't know what schedule you would have to work with, but they are right. October is a big game and we have quiet a few people that have been planning to travel for it.

Conflicted. I assume castle price be similar to Castle Day? What are the restroom facilities, and the tree coverage, like at the farm?

Since we got hosed with the purchase of our camp so late in the season, all of our camps and a million others I looked at are either already booked or way too expensive for us. So as of this writing, there is no full weekend game in October, unless we are willing to ALL use tents at the alt site I mentioned.

If we did the castle, it would be the same like last time as for hours. I think we had a 4-10 but the last hour was a cleanup gtfo time by their staff in reality. The choice would be to either use their grounds during the day or a state park nearby for a faire/mod day and then transition to the castle later.
Cost would be high however, it would be a lot lower if we can all do potluck food instead... providing the place lets us. In addition, I would need to start collecting money for it soon so I know definite numbers... hence my polling. I aim to have the fall locked down within a few weeks hopefully.
Facilities- there are restrooms, and perhaps we cordon off one of the bedrooms for a changing room. Tree coverage isn't that great near the castle, but if we play further away from it, it is mediocre. My vote would honestly be to play at a state park nearby and transition if we choose to do the castle.

Is the need for a site change due to new owners not honoring reservations definite, or merely likely?

As the team behind the ball and walk of the dead, we'd really love to chat in person about October Jesse if you can make some time this weekend (which I know is a big ask.)

Sushi and real life is also just fine, but I know you're on a timeline here. We may have some suggestions given we just went through this in June as well w/ DR.

Site issues are THE WORST.

-Jules

So as of this writing, there is no full weekend game in October, unless we are willing to ALL use tents at the alt site I mentioned.

I for sure was planning to come to the October game, but there is no way I can come all the way out for one day. I would be willing to freeze in a tent for the sake of LARP for a whole weekend with out a doubt. I hope this gets sorted out. :(

Obviously a full weekend would be better (and equally obviously, I'm totally happy to camp!), but if we were going to do another castle day, I can't imagine a better time for it than the masquerade ball! One of the best things about that site was what a good photo backdrop it made, and the masquerade is our most-photographed event for good reason!

I worry about cramming the number of people that go to the masquerade typically into the castle. We were very near capacity last time with a fraction of that number of people. That said, I definitely am up for going out and camping or using tabins for a weekend. We have enough players with propane heaters that we could make most tabins good for sleeping in.

Back