Off to the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garou52

Taking Kai's outstretched paw. Phelan gently helps Kai along. " By all means. Lets take head off to the market"

Helping Kai to a shady spot, Phelan quickly moves off to fetch the weary fox-kin a flaky sausage roll and a hot bubbly fruit tart to snack on.
" Here you go my lady. Something to nosh on as we catch up" Phelan says with a smile.

Hearing Yetta's voice, Phelan turns around to see Yetta standing near by holding a pot. " I would love some thanks" .

*Kai gnaws on the sausage roll, reducing it to crumbs in short order.*
That was excellent! What was it? *She licks some crumbs off her muzzle*

*She shifts, pulling her underskirts out of the way and propping her injured leg up a little on a nearby rock. The edge of the bandaged knee is visible, a few specks of dark blood shows where she had bleed through her wrappings.*
Oh, it feels good to get that up. *She looks up at Phelan*

Did the ground shaking hurt anyone here? It was strong enough I guess it was probably felt for miles...

"Oh aye the shaking. Was it ever felt here" Says Phelan with a rueful laugh. " I was out on patrol trying to hunt down whoever was spying on the breach when it hit. One moment im looking at some track on the ground and the next thing I know im on my arse looking up at the sky. Apparently the arch mage was trying to remove a cursed ring from the smooth skins king. All he succeed in doing was razing half the castle king many inside."

*Kai's jaw drops open*
Half the castle? Geeze...
I hope if he tries again it's less explosive.
*She looks down again* I was crossing a river when it hit me, and then I fell on the rocks. *She shifts her leg again*
Did I miss anything else? I've been thinking about some things for the festival of crows, but it's going to take me a lot longer to get there now.

*She picks up the tart and carefully bites into it.*

" That does look like one painful wound you have. Here take this to ease the journey". Phelan reaches into his bracer and fishes out a healing potion and gives it to Kai.
Settling back down he continues with his tale. " Oh lass you missed a lot of things. Well the archmage decided to bring the king and the surving mages over to the breach to try again. It turns out the ring was cursed with a powerful love spell. And of course it fell to us to find all the magical thingamajigs to break it". Phelan lets out a sigh. " one of said magic things was a piece of a hydra..which happend to rampage through the town. It was an epic fight to be sure. It insnt every day you get to see a pissed of hamish throw a anvil at a beastie. laughing at the memory, Phelan take a pull of ale from his ever present tankard.

"No lets see,What else happend..hmn ah! there was Pirates and faires and goblins oh my. And to top it all off the Fey from darkholm decided to pay us a visit in full force. Both Brunur, Noman and my self fell to there blades..Still having nightmares of my soul being ripped back from the void". He says with a shudder.

" But we survied and sent them packing to be sure. And now we get to have some fun and compete in the festival as a reward. And what about yourself lass?"

*Kai finishes the tart, and spends a long minute licking the sticky fruit residue off her fingertips and muzzle*
Thank you for the potion, this will help a lot. *She uncorks the vial and downs the potion in one gulp. She puts the cork back on and hands the empty container back to Phelan.*

So, if the king was being love-potion-ed, who did he fall in love with? *Kai has heard mention of this king a few times now, but never a word about a queen or consort* I would thinking falling in love is wonderful, with all the songs and stories I've heard about it.

It sounds like you had your paws full of adventure. I've never seen a hydra before. *She frowns* I should have been here. Maybe I could have done something... stabbed it in the tail or something. *She squinches up her face in thought* Do Hyrdas have tails??

" Actually I dont recall anyone saying who the other person was..odd that. " Phelan leans back and watches some clouds breeze by." I havnt been in anything I would call love myself lass. But aye I agree it would be a wondrous thing". Phelan gets a wistful look in his eyes as he continues to look up at the sky. " hrumph! Now where were we.. Tails? did it ever have tails and the heads to match it. Big long pointy claws and fire breath it had. I think you would have got a good shot or two in for sure there.Mysellf Ieven ended up throwing my trusty tankard here at its arse". He says with a wolfy grin. " That reminds me. Did you want me to teach you how to throw some knives at all?"

*Kai's ears perk way up* Throw a knife? I thought they were only for chopping and stabbing. *She looks down at her little dagger on her belt, not quite understanding what Phelan is saying* I suppose that would improve my reach quite a bit. I have trouble getting close enough to do anything good, but if I could throw my dagger...
*Her tail starts to wag*

Phelan cant help but to smile at Kai's excitement. " Oh there are many things you can throw to be sure." As he says that Phelan takes out his hatchet and throws it across the market into a tree. He smiles in satifasction at the meaty thunk noise it makes. He gets up to fetch the little axe. " its always nice to have an extra reach in a battle" he laughs.

*Kai smiles widely*
I would love to learn how to throw knives and tankards and stuff. Maybe rocks too?
*Her joy fades slightly as she has a thought*
What stops monsters and bad guys from picking up stuff I throw and throwing it back at me??

" Well you just have to dodge the stuff then." Phelan laughs. " I might be able to help you out in that case as well. remind me when we get to the festival."
"Speaking of which. I talked to Brunur, Thistle, Magnus (who also asked Yetta) and they were interested in form a team with you and I. What do you think about that?"

*Her tail starts to wag quickly* Oh, a team made of a bunch of my friends, that sounds wonderful. I have a bunch of ideas, but maybe we should talk about that on the way.
*She reaches down and unwinds the bloody bandages from her knee. The potion has healed her fully, but she'll still have to wash some blood out of her fur* Thanks again for fixing me..

" No worries at all lass. You would do the same for me." With a grunt, Phelan gets up and shoulders his ever present gear. He reaches out a paw to help up Kai. " Well im ready as every to head on out to the festival. We have to make our way back to Callenhelm and then west to Feybridge. Well Kai are you ready to head off and have some excitement? " Phelan says with a wag of his bushy tail.

Um.. I think so? Gimme a moment
*She gets to her feet with Phelan's help and then starts to rummage through her bag, taking inventory.*
*She pulls out a tightly wrapped package, and starts to unwind the wrappings.
Underneath is another layer of wrappings which is slowly seeping a thin pink liquid.
She frowns, and wrings the package out, expelling more liquid.
She mutters to herself-* I do hope this will keep...
*She gives the package a firm shake, re-wraps it with the still-dry outer layer, and stashes it back inside her bag*

Okay, I think I'm good to go now.
*She offers her paw to Phelan*

Phelan graps her hand and helps Kai up.
" Alright! Lets go and give the no furs a show they wont forget!" Phelan tilts his head back and lets loose a loud howl. " Off to the festival of crows!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back