Ohio

January 9-11

These are the dates that Ohio is running their next event. Many folks from NH and CT (myself included) are planning on going. Everyone who can make it should do so. Let us make this our midwest quest for the winter. :D

Gary

well have fun, brrrr
why cant there be an event some where warm?
like, florida or texas, or some other warm place. in the middle of winter.

Imagine, if you will, the horror of having to wear black, green, red or any thick kind of make up during a Floridian summer.

Ick.

We almost had a chapter down there once. It didn't pan out though.

-or laying down on the ground for your death count in said state-a state known for alligators. eep.

Death count an integral part of the game. Real death count not as cool.

whimper, first ohio event in the winter I'll be missing in 3 years. :( Any other weekend would have worked. Oh well, I'll be at the "non-invasion" weekend. Oh well, at least Sun is there, having fun in the other pc town (please read having fun as pretty much being V and not sleeping for a week while casting some crazy stuff). Joe, you're ordered to go and repeat last time. Go!

Oh, and a little tip. Ohio is great and uses mod sheets. Don't be the last ones to try and find them.

Hmmm, I might actually be able to go, pending if I can even play. Is Ohio an 18+ game or can someone who's 16 (me) play?

If I remember correctly, it's 14+. I def know they allow 16 year olds because there were at least two of them at the last event I played. You're all good!

syra pefferfoot said:
why cant there be an event some where warm?
like, florida or texas, or some other warm place. in the middle of winter.

There ARE events in warm places, they're just not Alliance events.

Once again I must pimp SOLAR (Clanthia chapter) in northern Georgia. That game is pretty sexy. Runs all year too!

Jezebel said:
If I remember correctly, it's 14+. I def know they allow 16 year olds because there were at least two of them at the last event I played. You're all good!
Yes!! So odds are fairly good that I'll be roughing it out there with you guys that weekend!

Deadlands said:
Imagine, if you will, the horror of having to wear black, green, red or any thick kind of make up during a Floridian summer.

Ick.

We almost had a chapter down there once. It didn't pan out though.

gary, i didnt say summer i said, winter. if its winter its not as hot down there and dont even have to go that far, just some where that dosent have 4 feet of snow or more. :p

i would love to go to ohio....have i mentioned yet i dislike my husbands job :(

if only he didn't work on weekends we could go....ahh well...maybe next time...

mmm event in the snow . brings back memories. well i will be headed out to the jan event and have room for 2 or 3 others if anyone is looking for a way there.

oceanfredrick said:
mmm event in the snow . brings back memories. well i will be headed out to the jan event and have room for 2 or 3 others if anyone is looking for a way there.
Confirmed now? :D

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Jezebel said:
Yes!! So odds are fairly good that I'll be roughing it out there with you guys that weekend!

Alliance Ohio Chapter Policy

Age Requirement:
All players must be 14 or older to participate. Anyone under the age of 16 may be placed under page status if they do not show responsible behavior on the battlefield.

Thanks to the boy scouts and our fantastic insurance with them. :)

~Scott

was just checking out the ohio website HOLY COW there's an arcade!!!! been playing pong now for a while....anyways....the cabins look cool...maybe a post on here about what newcomers can expect for sleeping arrangements, weather and tavern provisions would be good?

We're still waiting for our owner to decide if he wants to use a new (never used by us) site or stick with our old winter site- which is not really ideal for our purposes but built for winter camping. The "new" site is used by several other LARPS (as is our current winter site) Webb is just negotiating the details of the contract with the new site.

Our Taverns always offer full meals usually something simple like hamburgers/hot dogs and macaroni and cheese Friday night, a breakfast Saturday usually including some form of eggs/pancakes/french toast as well as fried potatoes and biscuits and country gravy. Saturday dinner is generally 1 main course and two sides -- in the past we've done Apple Roasted Pork Loin with green beans, baked potatoes and baked beans (as an example). The exact menu depends on what we've eaten recently and what sounds good to the person doing the shopping... since we have 10 events a year the same meals tend to get repetitive if we don't change menu's. Very few people go away hungry (breakfast and Saturday dinner can be two plates...)

Meals are 10$ for everyone OOG (covers all meals for the weekend) and cost 2 silver IG (each meal) and both our taverns (as we have two PC IG locations) are PC owned/operated. Usually the PCs who run the taverns sell deserts and/or soups (IG coin only is usual) and drinks are available (water or kool-aid) for free all day.

If anyone has special dietary needs or desires, such as vegetarians or food allergies, it would be great if you'd let us know in the pre-registration or by using the General Questions form on our Website (so we can make sure we have food for you). People who want to cook for themselves (which rarely if ever happens...) can PM "sshimko" on these boards to work that out or post on the Ohio Boards for Sarah (IG: Lilliana) who is the Tavern Keep at our next event.

The cabins in the pictures are from our Summer site and those ones are not insulated or heated. In the Winter we will only take camps with insulated sleeping areas. Our "old" site has a wood stove in each building (tavern and pc cabins) and wood is supplied. Sleeping arrangements in the old site are a single longhouse-style cabin available to PCs with a small separate chamber which are lined with two-story bunk beds and plastic-coated matresses (both rooms). PCs could put up tarps and Circle reps to sub-divide the space. If Webb decides to use the new camp (the decision is pending a few contract negotiations) we should be given more buildings/rooms for PCs to occupy but I'm not sure of the bed situation (I've only seen pictures from the outside...).

Weather is beyond my control.... so far.

I know a lot of people from NJ/NH/HQ area frequent our games and can give you more detailed descriptions of meals/cabins etc. but not many local Ohio people probably check this board-- feel free (obviously) to head over to the Ohio section and ask some questions too lol. :)

~Scott

Hey guys,
I know they have a thread going on the Ohio boards for whos going to the event. I've already posted for George, Amy (george's lil sis), and myself. I can only recommend you do the same, its a fun site if they use the same winter site from last year you wont be cold when sleeping. The tavern is huge and cozy, the main battle area is on a slope, but thats nothing if you play Caldaria. I like the site alot personally, its got enough room to run around and some fun paths to travel down in search of paper mods.

Just my two copper,

-Jen aka Bella

It's approximately 2 weeks away and as of today I am confirmed as going. Who else is definitely going, now that it's a bit closer?

~Jaimi

Back