On the making of Greater and Enhanced Wands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darien wanders the halls of the Arcane Sanctum, not sure exactly what he is looking for. Approaching the Library, he stops, his expression brightens, and he enters.

"Well. I was going to approach the first librarian I saw. But damned if we don't all look far too at home in here." He takes a moment to scan the room, and, seeing someone behind a rather official looking desk, approaches it. He asks his question as soon as the Librarian looks his way.

"Hello. I was told, shortly after joining the Sanctum, that we could borrow, (or perhaps sign out?) ritual scrolls; and, while I don't need the use of one immediately, I should like to know if I can find out what reagents and their numbers, that I might need to begin to gather to create for myself a Greater or Enhanced Wand, or some combination thereof."

The words tumble out at a rather faster pace than he would have liked, and it dawns on him that he's forgotten one rather important bit of information...

"Oh. uhh, Darien, Darien Mor, of Parson's Breach. So sorry, didn't mean to be rude..."

The attendant looks up from her piles of books in front of her. "Adeptus Major Ixit is just up the stairs. 3rd level. You cannot miss him. He should be able to give you some insight on rituals and what you may need to cast them." she points to a massive spiral staircase in the heart of the Library. Looking way up, Darien actually cannot see the roof!

"Thank you very much" Darien sets off toward the stairs. Ixit, 3rd level. Got it. Man this place is bigger than I thought. Might be worth further exploration when I have more time. Darien begins the long climb for the office of Adeptus Major Ixit, hoping the information he seeks is easily obtained. He had to be back at the breach before too long. Arriving at the 3rd level, the office of the Adeptus Major is right there, just as she'd said. The door is slightly ajar as he approaches it, so he is spared the question of whether to knock or go right on in. "Adeptus Major? May I come in? I have some questions about the making of greater and enhanced wands. I was told you were the man to see."

....... Damn it. Did it again, didn't I. "I'm Darien Mor. Out of Parson's Breach. Sorry Sir, that probably should have proceeded my babble about Wands."

"Parzon's Breach? Well, y did't you say so in da firt place?" Ixit, the goblin Adeptus Major of the Library, peeks up above an enormous mound of papers. Books, scrolls, scribbled notes, inkwells and more line this cluttered little office. It's more of a converted broom closet, but size doesn't really matter.

Ixit stands up, his blonde top knot bobbing with the motion. "And ow are tings in da Breach? I 'erd that the Magi, Modeus is missing yes? I know dat Magi Corstar is not too 'appy to 'ave to go der more now to fill in until 'e gets back."

The Adeptus moves to a chalkboard, studies it for a moment, scratches out some words and writes some new ones in their place. "So? Wat can I do fer you Dareean, was it? What do you need to know about wands?"

"Yes Sir, that's right, Darien. The breach was doing fine when I left to come here for my research, though there is always lots of unusual activity in the area. Mobeus is missing. I wish he wasn't. The new Magi is ... kind of a hard ***." The polite conversation served to allow Darien the chance to adjust to the fact that Ixit was a goblin. He had really not been expecting that.

"Um, as to my questions, I was wondering just how involved the rituals can get, for say, a greater wand of second rank that can cast all the elements. What sort of reagents I might need, and how many. How long such a ritual might take. What sort of cost might be involved, as I am not yet able to do ritual magic myself, and so will have to have it done for me once I have gathered the appropriate materials." Darien thought for a moment. That did seem to be all his questions. "If you could answer these questions for me, I will make detailed notes, so I might begin the process, Then I really must be heading back to the Breach. The journey back will take me longer than I would like."

Ixit pauses his scribbling for a moment and rubs his chin. He turns back to face Darien, top knot wobbling to and fro. "Da Grater Wand Ritual only takes a few minutes to complete. Now each Ritual is diffrn't when it comes to da Reagents. Dis one only needs about 4 to start and most new formalists can cast it wit'out a big boom. Now if you want da big Wand, it can go up to 20 of the Reagents and you would need a vary accomplished formalist to do so."

"To Enhance da Wand again takes really no time. It is again one of does rituals that can get bigger if ya want more of da elements. Takes about t'ree of dem Reagents to start and goes up from dare."

"When you ask de 'ead of yer Breach for da Ritual, den you will see which Reagents you need and 'ow many of dem. I'm not a great formalist, so you want to speak to Magi Corstar or da Archmaj when you see dem."

Ixit pauses for a moment more, thinking on one of the things Darien spoke of. "Uhm, you do know dat us Arcane Sanctum Members can just use da portal to get to da Breach and back? No need to walk or take a 'orse right?"

Darien makes a few notes based on what Ixit has said. A minimum of 4 reagents for Greater Wand and at least 3 for Enhanced Wand, building up from there; and fairly simple as rituals go, at least at the lower levels of power. I only have one or two reagents right now. This might take a while. That's okay though. I suppose I have time.

Finishing up with his notes and his thoughts, he packs his notes away. "Thank you for your aid Ixit, I appreciate the insight you've provided, as well as the tip about being allowed to use the portal for travel between here and the Breach. If there is ever anything you might need, please feel free to let me know, and I will do my best to be of assistance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back