Opener Faves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too tired right now to come up with my own list right , but I just couldn't go to bed without seeing a faves thread started for this awesome event. Post yours here. I'll get to mine when I'm more rested. Hats off to Tab, Christina and the whole Crossroads crew. Can't wait for more!

Okay so I have no favorites because I didnt stop stop having fun until I was home and asleep. Sleep is nowhere near as fun as Crossroads. So I will try to put down what I liked from the weekend in particular.

The explosions went off without a hitch and the effect it had was spectacular. I remember moving up the embankment with my long sword in my right hand and me yelling "Onward to glory" I mean hell it doesnt really get more epic than that but the openner battle was without a doubt one of the most harrowing experiences I've had playing this game.

Job board! I have stated several times this is an amazing idea. Everything you could think off from a body guard job to courier job, to killing giant mosquitos(I liked this one the most, if only because it felt like ironic vengence). No one should have had one dull moment, there were only moments of rest due to fatigue.

The camp itself. To me the camp is its own entity. Its expansive, dangerous at night, and forgiving during the day by only alittle bit. You know that to walk a lone when here is to take a chance with fate that you dont run into an ambush of sorts.

Back and forth bigotry on Friday night. I dont know how Friday night didnt degenerate into a brawl in the tavern but it got really close between the nonhumans and humans. The words exchanged were pretty harsh from how bad Biata smelled to how ugly the humans looked. I even got to the point of counting how many bind spells I had vs how many humans were in the tavern, how fast I could get them off, and what I would do after binding them. I suspect even though this gather was fine plot will have a lot more nasty humans for us to deal with later and I certainly have no problem with that.

The tournament of champions, we got four amazing one on one fights between PC and NPCs and then the overall fight after that as we dealt with an amazing giant bouncing ball of death and flattening. That thing was the uber prop and it turned a serious battle into something fun as you watched people run out of its way trying to figure out how to defeat it using every trick up our sleeves.

The sunday wave battle, it was LONG, but it was enjoyable, and it was well faught and and and EPIC! The sky openned up hard in the middle of the battle but everyone kept going and kept fighting. To fight in a downpour is an incredible experience, the stuff you see in movies and wonder how they could do that. Sometimes the weather is a hinderance, this time it was an amazing addition to play.

The fight in the furnance was amazing, and even more pyrotechnics came out of it to which we were informed if we got too close we would be hit by elemental flame and set on fire, and for those that got really close that might have been a literal statement. But we were lucky and no one got too close for comfort that I know of.

My first successful resurrection(both NPC and PC), it reminds my character why he invests so much time and effort into training his spells and becoming a powerful healer.

Roleplay! There was no shortage of this, this entire weekend. Between my character and his traveling companion, to the random people that entered the tavern, to talking with the ever pleasant Romani this chapter looks like it will not only be combat heavy but also roleplay heavy as well. Which is always a win-win combo.

Finally for what I can think of, the NPCs, yes they were a favorite because they had to preform so many different roles from bigotted humans, to random towns folk looking for lost loved ones, to being our monsters and giving us a hard time resting. It was also one of the NPCs, Vinny, that set up the fireworks for our event. He also did the smoke that came out of the healers guild as well as the laser lights which were freaking awesome on multiple levels.

Friday night fire play was amazing. Watching the goblins shriek in pain was most enjoyable.

Seeing friends from other gathers was nice. I also made some pretty cool new friends whom look very forward to playing with in gatherings to come.

Sat. champion battle.... OOG thinking 'I dont want to be the only one to loose'. In game thinking 'I will not fight for a group of people who had not 12 hours earlier been insulting me saying i smell bad, indirectly calling me a thief, and that I should go back to where I came from. How dare they look me in the face and ask to fight on their behalf.
i loved the battle itself though, and I actually received a few compliments from people (some of which I actually have a lot of respect for and kind of idolize) saying I fought well, which means a lot.

I'm also starting to realize my hair is kind of developing a personality of its own lol.

RP RP RP. Oh and RP! The huge (but very quite) breaking of companionship btwn me and Loken, charging into almost every fight, walking up to several pcs and looking hard at them with my face just inches from theirs lol. "Does your hair grow like that?" To which I respond "does your nose grow like that?" as I poke the batkin in his nose. ha ha ha
I also enjoyed getting to RP with another Gorbe.

Fighing in the soccer field under the ligh of the moon. I loved it.

The camp itself is very nice. I loved just walking around getting lost down paths and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Speaking of weather... finally being able to fight during a down pour was something OOG I've been wanting to do for sooo long, and yet not being able to for IG reasons.. it was awesome.

Landing almost every packet I chucked.. and actually dropping monsters. Coming from HQ where a landed packet is a drop in the bp bucket, I have to admit, it caught me off guard a little.

mods, mods and more mods.. i particularly liked the fact that many of them had the option of completion with or without combat. It actually opened up more room to build character and have fun thinking outside the box.. i didn't go on it but I when i heard there had actually been a mod that involved killing mosquitoes it laughed out loud.

I had a great time at the opener, I can't wait until the next event. I remember almost two years ago, Tab talking about this thing. What a great thing to see it come alive.

Faves

Fire. Right from the start. I had my back to it, but that meant that I got to see the PCs faces. Big eyes and open mouths... and one or two brave people who just charged at us screaming.

The giant ball of massive mechanical doom. I loved this NPC... Prop?

Rolling with Justin Coggin's evil goblin shaman. This was good times.

Getting whipped by Kelly Stanley's Gypsy Fighter. Awesome sauce.

Seeing Drew (Gnazz) come back after so long.

All things Gypsy. Blood Moon was the bomb. If I ever make a low level character again, it will be hard not to go Gypo. Fighting against Ray, the Sean's, the Scott's, Jesse and every one else was good fun.

Going out and doing some portraits with Coggin. Very cool, thanks PCs for holding still for a little while.

Seeing the Adventurers Guide to Kosmara. Holy Crap.

The Consortium was an excellent thing. Great idea.

Getting to hang with all the NPCs in Camp. Great group of peeps, I hope to see y'all again.

Tab and Christina. All things Tab and Christina.

Getting to wash dishes with my darling wife Jessica. I'm not kidding this was cool. It felt great to be able to help out.

I had a hell of a good time. Not a weekend that will be forgotten. Psyched, Super Psyched for the next one.

-Brian B

Oh yeah... did you see Metzler's freakin Bat Scavenger? Sick!

My most favorite of favorites was seeing NERO re-invented.

The NPC's did a fantastic job. It was great to see Brian, Craig, Becca, Henry and Justin again.

Justin's Rat on Sunday outside the gypsy tent... that was friggin awesome.

Getting back into NERO, and realizing that after 3 years off... I'm a bit of a donut!

Friday night RP encounters dealing with racism, breaking some expectations and nearly breaking some skulls! The best was taking the willing Human hostage..."Don't laugh, or we'll steal your spirit!"

The initial verbal jousting with the Squire, then the relenting relationship that's started developing.

Sarah encounters!

Trying to hit on everything that moved (or nearly) that was female and failing at most. Also getting bashful around the "easier" targets.

Finding that after years of playing a fighter, I'm not that great of a rogue!

Rioshi and Quarry... both of whom managed to completely flip what was going to be my characters only true prejudice. Holy crap you two are great.

Brian's goblin that desecrated and wandered around telling everyone that he was horribly evil and would eat us all.

Lauren Marra - Fantastic job as the Goblin Queen.

5 massive!!!!

The special effects blew my mind... I hate to say it but now you've set the bar high and I'm looking forward to event 2! What's next?!?

Tab, Christina and the staff... you've seriously breathed some new life into NERO. I've larped for nearly 15 years, 10 of which in NERO and you've redefined my expectations wholly. Seriously, job well done!

There are many more but my donut of a body is still hurting from being out of NERO shape that I can't remember them all! I'll see you in a month.

Drew

Hmm,

where to start off, well for starters hats off to the crew for the awesome pyrotechnics this weekend. It totally opened up friday night with an air of awesomeness.

As my character I had the chance to team up with several players to go off on different mods. I also helped out in the kitchen, and watching people smile as they had fresh "ale" brought out also made me happy.

I had the chance to participate in several mods as well as learn the alliance system. I think after my second event, I should have down pact.

I made money my first event, which was totally awesome, so now I can pick up some more stuff. I had the chance to sit and pose for J-Cog as he drew an awesome picture of me.

Sunday I had the chance to go ninja mode, thanks to mike from staff who came to my rescue with his awesome airbrush skills. this was able to keep me in the battle and keep my eyes safe and clear of makeup.

Overall, everything that happened absolutely rocked this weekend. I had the chance to make new friends, visit a new camp ground and flex my role play skills which are a bit rusty, lol.

Most important, I want to thank both the Crossroads staff and the players for helping me out with everything lead up to and including throughout the event. I thought I would never come back to larping and after coming to the season opener and experiencing true role playing and good friends, my batteries are recharged and I am so stoked for the rest of this season. Bring on fun Crossroads cause I want more!!!

Huzzaah!!!

Dave N Yanolatos
Sarinjrio Yoshimitsu Sensura Iman

Great event, I'm so glad this chapter has finally gotten off the ground and I can't wait for more! I thought a 5 hour drive meant I wouldn't be able to attend so many events. But after the fun times at this one, and just being really impressed by the quality of the game in so many ways I can't wait for the next one. :D

Sean Metzler's Bat was awesome, and having quite a few Kin was very fun! Plus the serious racial prejudice was cool. It made for lots of interesting RP and really took the "humans are different/special" to a whole different level.

Goblins! I was quite impressed with the plot as we went along. I started out not really expecting anything "tricky" but the whole Shield thing, and that Shaman were quite exciting! Was a little disappointed when "every" group of "crunchy" goblins started having shields tho...

All the RP NPC's for REAL! The art guys were fantastic, and the plot NPC's being around so much was awesome! I loved seeing so much of the Squire/Knight, and seeing the interaction between him and Gypsies, especially when he got cursed... Very cool. Funny how Nobility, no matter what kind, or where it is gets so much crap...

I really appreciated how much good costuming there was both on the side of the NPC's and PC's. Costuming and makeup really help make the game come alive for me and its something I really appreciate so great job to everyone who worked hard at that.

I hope I didn't frustrate too many NPC's being a crazy archer and throwing my crazy bolts all over the place. :) Can't wait to come back!

had a phenomenal event. Tab and Christina and the rest of the crossroads chapter we really pulled off something special, and it was an honor to be a part of it. :) Alliance family is the bomb.

Fav's

- Rocking out the goblins, getting to fight some new players and just giving them a good fight that they could enjoy, and not have to worry about someone swinging 20's rolling up on my backside..... except there was that one wylderkin guy shooting 10's.. i wonder who that was .... david.... :lol:

- NPC rp rolls all weekend were solid. Playing a few myself, and having a blast.

- On that note Saturday night up with Chazz, Jesse, Kelley, and Savannah for a little Gypsy party. Playing some guitar and watching people dance, just makes you feel good inside.

- Giant Ball prop... bouncing all over the place trouncing the pc's

- Freaking Pyrotechnics... i mean wtf... didnt see that coming :D

- Epic rainstorm for 30 mins during the last fight, and it just made the battle that much more interesting.

- Seeing so many players, some i havent seen in a while... getting to see them have a really good time, made me so proud to be part of the crossroads staff.

- Handing out more copper than i think i ever have.. ever

- Crossroads camp site. its just such a nice camp, with so many interesting areas to play in, i wish I had got down to the healers guild area just a little more though.

- Sean's Crazy Bat costume. Really freaking cool.

- Gypsy squad, you guys were great to play against and even more fun just to watch.... all the silly curses, were definately quality.

- Chazz as the goblin queen fight was really fun, running around chasing the glowy eyed skull.

- Learning to play cribbage

- After game hanging out with all the various players and hearing there stories from the weekend. I can't wait to hear more. The positive vibe this chapter is creating is incredible, and its only going to get better.

:D

Favs from the dark side:

1. The whole concept of the chapter. The Consortium, the level cap, the xenophobia. I'm very excited about this particular flavor of Alliance.

2. Getting kidnapped by Gypsies! lol It was so hard to maintain the bigotry in the face of free flowing ale, fresh beats and ridiculous racial stereotypes.

3. Masks. I have to give major props to the mask makers. The golem mask was so comfy and it even protected me from throwing mugs to the face! Normally I shy away from masks but these were really excellent.

4. Tab's Training golem going up to the candy machine in the tavern and patting it. "I feel your pain." I almost died laughing.

5. Rachel trying to find someone to marry her son (Craig) so that he would stop stacking rocks in the basement all day. I wish I could have seen this in action but the stories were pretty good too.

6. Brian's goblin backpacking me with magic armors.

7. Zigwit! Take a memo! lol

8. Goblin attempts at ritual magic = ring around the rosy on crack. I don't know why I ever thought they would be anything else.

9. Food! Thank you Erica, Duffy & kitchen staff!

10. Last but certainly not least: All things Henry. I don't know why the caliber of role-play you bring to the game surprises me every time, but it really does. Keep doing what you do!

I'm really looking forward to PCing this chapter. :D Awesome awesome job everyone.

I love loved The Consortium, this is an excellent IG mechanic for an OOG thing that just works so well. You just got to pick the kinds of things you wanted to do, and I really got a kick out of it.

I loved roleplaying with everybody, you could feel like some humans just didn't even want to be near you. Sometimes in LARPs when one race has prejudices against another, you end up with just a lot yelling and PVP; people don't end up taking into account that people react all sort of ways to interacting with a people that they grew up to be prejudiced against. In reality some people act scared, some angry, some ready to genocide you, and still others curious, sometimes it's even a sexual thing (Russian Female Spies for example). Almost all of these were taken into account, like the guild-mistress who was petrified to let her saviors into her circle. She wanted to be nice, but "Oh my that guy is all green".

Tab's training golem. I wanted to laugh so bad...he made it very hard to keep a straight face.

Role playing with the guild-mistress, I love how she's so timid and not suited for combat healing. It was so funny to watch her tell us of the state of the guild, like she was reporting to a angry superior. The girl who played her just had this mousy role down pat.

There was tons more, but these stick out in my head right now.

I can't believe I forgot about the scouting... That was definitely great!

Zigwit, you will no longer take notes... you will now take Memo's.

lol i forgot one too..

directed towards Craig...

talking about creating a pompous rich fighter NPC who walks around with a caddy .

- That one looks like a fairy.. I believe you should use the Normal sword sir....
- That one has fangs, might i suggest you use the Silver sword sir...
- Hmmm it appears spectral, perhaps the Magic Sword Sir....

:lol:

ROFL!!!

Oh my God, Funniest thing I've read in a while, Hahahaha, I can see it so clearly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back