Our town must stay strong

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
I would like to congratulate everyone upon their actions the second night of the market day. We had a great trial to face and no blood was spilled. We united under our decision, and stead fast. I fear that this will happen again and as such we must air out any grievances that we have with each other. We must not let arguments lie and fester or misunderstandings grow out of control. I know that some of you do not like me, or think bad of me. This I understand, I am not perfect and have made mistakes. Please, let me know so that we do not have any arguments that might cause us to faultier when a decision needs to be made.
I fear that when push comes to shove and an issue comes to surface our own disagreements will cause must suffering.

Liddia FallingStar

I agree the working together makes all the difference in a successful or bloody venture. I support any effort to present a united front, and extend my thanks to those who worked so hard to avoid bloodshed with the magistrate's. I must also thank you Liddia for bringing me back to Life in the mushroom cave. And I would hope in the future we will continue to be as successful destroying undead Liches as we were the Lady Death. Seldom have I seen such a spectacular explosion of undead destruction. =)

- Eldarion -

I, for one Lady Fallingstar, think you should give up this rigamarole life of adventuring, settle down with some nice elf, raise a family, and support your elderly father. Alright, now that I've done my duty to The Fallingstar, I can go back to sleep ;)

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Pokethulu said:
I would like to congratulate everyone upon their actions the second night of the market day. We had a great trial to face and no blood was spilled. We united under our decision, and stead fast. I fear that this will happen again and as such we must air out any grievances that we have with each other. We must not let arguments lie and fester or misunderstandings grow out of control. I know that some of you do not like me, or think bad of me. This I understand, I am not perfect and have made mistakes. Please, let me know so that we do not have any arguments that might cause us to faultier when a decision needs to be made.
I fear that when push comes to shove and an issue comes to surface our own disagreements will cause must suffering.

Liddia FallingStar

Why should we trust, or even care, about a word you say? You lie. You steal. You have your boyfriend attack anyone who does something that isn't with you...

Reminds me of General Stonebiter...

Stoneskull,

Your words are uncalled for... Never liken any citizen of my town to That monster again, regardless of their crimes. Not so long ago I saw it in you and reminded you of your place... remember that.

If you have issues with someone attacking you can;t resolve speak to the sheriff, he'll keep the peace.

To the town at large,

You have a right to chose who you follow and why you follow them remember, however, that your actions will have consequences. I of all know this and I live still with the constant reminders of a bloody conflict which could have been avoided.

I congradulate all of you for finding a peacefull solution to this latest issue. I fear we;ll come to experience a great many more threats together and I promise that you can count on the last of my strengh, and the last drop of Rockfist blood that shall ever exist. The people of Briarpass have stood beside the adventurers and the Rockfists shall continue to do so.

Effram.

Stoneskull,

We had our words that night and if you are so calling me a liar then i shall take no other action then to defend my honor.

Stoneskull Rockfist I challenge you to an honor duel on the first night of the next market day. I leave the terms up to you.

AllianceCHI said:
Stoneskull,

Your words are uncalled for... Never liken any citizen of my town to That monster again, regardless of their crimes. Not so long ago I saw it in you and reminded you of your place... remember that.

If you have issues with someone attacking you can;t resolve speak to the sheriff, he'll keep the peace.

Sir,

I apologize for angering you. Still, Liddia acts like she is the defacto ruler of Briarpass while her boyfriend Togashin serves as her martial arm. Her actions have caused numerous deaths and countless destruction. Can all those lives lost because of her be worth having her around, still unpunished? You had even instructed me to gather members of the town to deal with the bandits - something she refused to do, so she could deal with her own personal issues. You reminded me of my place... Now, the town needs to tell Liddia of hers.

Togashin said:
Stoneskull,

We had our words that night and if you are so calling me a liar then i shall take no other action then to defend my honor.

Stoneskull Rockfist I challenge you to an honor duel on the first night of the next market day. I leave the terms up to you.

Togashin,

You just proved my point exactly. Anyone dare say something against Queen Liddia, and you want to beat them up.

I'll fight you. We both know you can beat me down, but I won't back down. I'll die to prove my point, so people wake up.

I was speaking of when i accidentally struck you, which i explained how that happened.

Now if you decide to continue with your outlandish words i may be forced to take greater action.

Togashin said:
I was speaking of when i accidentally struck you, which i explained how that happened.

Now if you decide to continue with your outlandish words i may be forced to take greater action.

So you'd murder me? Kill me in front of the town, until I don't resurrect?

Your "accident" for attacking me, after I told you to shut up? Yeah, right. More lies.

Yeah, still, I'll fight you. You're real honorable, though, attacking people from behind, though. Should I expect it again?

Squire Rockfist you have indeed changed. I have heard tales of you dancing happily for the Princess of Spring but here you are threatening your friends and attacking people at the drop of a hat. I think your worries of late are less involved with the people of the town and more with your new patron. I understand your Queen is a harsh mistress, but perhaps you should remember why you swore allegiance in the first place: to save the honour and life of a night complete stranger. You have an honourable and good heart, Squire, there's no reason to attack people who mean you no harm let alone to act in a way both your Liege and your Chief disdain. Let us rather seek the heart of your torment and soothe that fire.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:

Your "accident" for attacking me, after I told you to shut up? Yeah, right. More lies.

Yeah, still, I'll fight you. You're real honorable, though, attacking people from behind, though. Should I expect it again?

I was speaking of no such thing. I implore you to stop with your squabbling.

AllianceCHI said:
I fear we;ll come to experience a great many more threats together and I promise that you can count on the last of my strengh, and the last drop of Rockfist blood that shall ever exist. The people of Briarpass have stood beside the adventurers and the Rockfists shall continue to do so.

Effram.

Regent Effram-

Your words fill me with hope in these troubled times. Though it seems inadequate, I thank you for all that you have done for the lands of Wayside and the free people of Briarpass. Your strength is truely a formidable force, without which much harm would have befallen this area. Your sacrifice during my resurrection was easily one of the most selfless acts I have seen. I am in your debt, sir.

-Mara Glenbeck

Togashin said:
Stoneskull_Rockfist said:

I was speaking of no such thing. I implore you to stop with your squabbling.

Squabbling? You mean speaking against Liddia? That I won't stop. Speaking against Liddia, who acts like she's better than the rest of us, is my right as a member of this town. As for violence - you escalated it there. You want to bring things to blows, I'll match you. If not, I won't raise my blade to you. If there is to be violence, it is your choice, Togashin.

Mobius said:
Squire Rockfist you have indeed changed. I have heard tales of you dancing happily for the Princess of Spring but here you are threatening your friends and attacking people at the drop of a hat. I think your worries of late are less involved with the people of the town and more with your new patron. I understand your Queen is a harsh mistress, but perhaps you should remember why you swore allegiance in the first place: to save the honour and life of a night complete stranger. You have an honourable and good heart, Squire, there's no reason to attack people who mean you no harm let alone to act in a way both your Liege and your Chief disdain. Let us rather seek the heart of your torment and soothe that fire.

Dramthin,

You're right, I have changed. You were there, in Andar, when I was changed by the Queen of Nightmares. When part of my spirit was ripped from my chest. Violence may not be the answer in this case, but I cannot stand by if someone is going to not just threaten to kill me once, but over and over again, for my opinion. Aren't you usually the one that WANTS people to express their views through words, not violence? Togashin wanting to fight me, for just my opinion, whether or not he likes it, is just like what Khale wanted to do to both of us. Bashing Togashin's head in is what I should do. What I want to do. But is what I want really my own want? Or the Queen of Blood's bloodlust, thirsty again? I just don't know.

As for the Queen of Nightmares... if you'd like, I can introduce you... I'm not so sure you'd like her though... not really your type.

So you want to bash my head in?

I am done with words with you.

Togashin said:
So you want to bash my head in?

I am done with words with you.

Want to do. Not what I'm going to do, out of respect for Chieftan Effram, as well as trying to rebuild my relationship with Dramthin. I made my not wanting to fight you pretty clear. Now, if there's violence, it's on your head, and you who will be breaking the peace. I will defend myself if necessary though.

Squire, either through the mushroom fumes or the Queen's bloodlust you attacked Togashin Zanabanath and would have done the same to me had not the law and the town been at hand. Afterward, you swore not only to end his life, but the life of the woman he loves. The man is entitled his ruffled feelings. The altercation I had with Sir Blacklight was started by my own errant words and ended with us frankly discussing our differences. We disagreed on comport, not content. Perhaps, that is the same issue here.

You and Togashin Zanabanath have battled alongside one another for many months, it is strange that suddenly you openly threaten both him and an upstanding noble the likes of Lady Fallingstar. I suspect, all three of you can find a peace if you don't allow your blades to do your thinking - even if that peace is avoidance and silent disdain. It is, as you say, your right to speak of your misgivings, but that right ends when violence begins. Your opinion of the Lady's ways may or may not be accurate - I will not speak to them, as it's not my place - but they must be resolved through civility, not anarchy. Most disagreements arise from the unwillingness of the parties to acknowledge the others' Spirit.

If your Queen's mind is driving you to seek umbrage from a carelessly aimed sword in the heat of battle when you've faired far worse, perhaps it is a patronage you should carefully reevaluate. The Fae are creatures who do not feel and think as we mortals, they do not always act with our good or our culture in mind. Since you are honour-bound to remain her vassal, you should seek to reconcile these two worlds or find a way to walk the middle path, for misstepping in either will be a doom of your own creation.

Dramthin Hartsboon

I dunno, Dramthin, he may be for havin' something of a point here. If'n Fallinstar's acting as she was when last we met, I'd not be surprised if it'd rub a direct soul like Stoneskull tha wrong way. An Toga, much as we've fought on the same side, does tend ta react badly to even implied criticism of 'er.

-Padraig

Padraig,

The incident in which Stoneskull speaks of us ignoring him, us and the rest of the town were bussy with matters of great importance for the town. We had told him we would help when we had the time to do so, but then he ran off on his own.

Stoneskull,

Challenging you to an honor duel is not violence, it is the civil way to end this argument.
And you speak so much of Liddia's greed yet the whole entire reason you wanted to go fight those bandits for Effram was because he was going to give you a spell book for doing it.

Who was the greedy one then?

Firstly the peace must be kept.
Togashin and Stoneskull if you wish to settle your differences I would prefer you do it as gentlemen with honor. Remove all the hate from your hearts and bring the matters to one another directly. If it must come to a duel, I know both of you will fight with honor. If you wish I will consent to second either of you, and to ensure fair play.

Lady Fallingstar,
I know you mean well. I thank you for the many times your swift and well chosen words have helped the people of Briarpass and Wayside. However I must admit that you frightened me with your stubbornness in handling the situation with the magistrates. I could see no harm in walking with them to Arbor to verify a document that you knew to be true. It seemed to me that the reason you pushed the issue was simply because the magistrate doubted your word. The situation nearly devolved into a brawl over what seemed a point in your pride. Please reflect on these thoughts.
I believe one of the first rules of diplomacy is to speak for those who ask you to speak for them, and to use only the words they ask you to use. It seems that the citizens of Briarpass are in some disagreement as to the effectiveness of your diplomatic touch. It may do you well to spend more time amongst the people you represent, and to get in touch with their roots.
You and I are in the same boat now. Our lot is to serve the people that trust us, in the way that we can best help them. In order to best fulfill our duties we must know what the people want, and we must embody all of the best qualities that we may. How you or I act will be reflected in how the people percieve thier lives, lands, and the world around them. We carry a heavy burden and a sharp weapon, to drop either of them could spell disaster for wayside.
I urge you now, more than ever, to give due consideration to all of your words and actions.

Dramthin,
I thank you for working in the interests of peace and fraternity. With the forces arrayed against us, from without and within, we cannot afford to unravel into petty factionalism.

Thank you all

Hennessy,
Sheriff for the free peoples of Briarpass

Back