Pay no Play

Dr_Chill

Fighter
I am looking for the rules/regulations behind pay no play. Can one pay for an event even though they cannot attend and still gain xp/bp for the event? Does this only work for that player's local chapter, or can this process be used across chapters? Thanks!

You can pay no play at any chapter that accepts it. However you cannot blanket an event this way if you are already attending an event that weekend. So hypothetically you could 'blanket' up to 4 events a month and rocket rise a toon upwards. Of course, this is a 'best' case scenario and rather expensive to boot.

Generally speaking, it is legal, though many people frown on it. Those same people don't tend to frown on spending money on props to get goblin points, and then using those goblin points to absentee-blanket an event. Go figure.

Contact the Logistics for the Chapter you want to pay-no-play to make sure they'll do it and ask about whatever policies they may have (how long in advance you can tell them, how you can send payment or whatever.)

just to start a fight, ¿what's so bad about using goblin-points to absentee-blanket?

Mobius said:
just to start a fight, ¿what's so bad about using goblin-points to absentee-blanket?
I don't think anyone said there was. The irony being that some people are okay one form of pay-no-play, but not another.

Personally, if I could, I'd sell tenth-level characters for the amount of cash needed to attend the requisite event fees (last count had it at $1300-$2200). Imagine the event you could put on for five or six grand in special effects budgeting?

JP, if you're going to be calm and composed, i won't even try baiting you ;p

jpariury said:
Generally speaking, it is legal, though many people frown on it. Those same people don't tend to frown on spending money on props to get goblin points, and then using those goblin points to absentee-blanket an event. Go figure.

Exactly.

Some people get upset when we in the HQ chapter accept pay no play, but I don't see the difference between:

a) giving the chapter $60 we can spend on what we need and getting GS for it that can then be used to max out a character for an event you don't attend; and

b) giving the chapter props worth $60 and getting GS for it that can then be used to max out a character for an event you don't attend

?

I was only going to freak on the cost of it... at least on the upper end of the scale...

Is it really that high?

I think it'd be an ok thing... I just wouldn't see it happening all that often

<<< Heck, I'm surprised no one jumped to my cry for selling tenth level characters. >>>

I think that's probably because most of the members of Alliance are role-players who enjoy building their characters. Even someone who uses "pay, no play" to gain character levels probably still imagines their character was doing "something" during that time (e.g., adventuring, exploring, fighting in the military, etc.).

Just a thought....

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Also, the money you pay to PC events gets you the actual experience of playing. Pay no Play gets you nothing. If you are a brand new player, you also won't learn your basic skills if you just up and buy a character.

$1200 or whatever DOES seem like a lot for a tenthe level character. But it doesn't seem like a lot to go to almost 20 kickass Alliance Events events (at about $60 an event). 40 days of fun for $1200? Sounds like a bargain to me. 40 days of hotel rooms at a ski resort would cost you at least $4000 and you'd still have to pay for lift tickets.

Scott

Its funny when you actually break down the cost of events, vs doing anything else really.

$65 for a weekend of fun. Hell, thats the cost of a campsite for a tent for a weekend. Or a cheap hotel room for a night.

We currently have all of our food cost only in game money, so we give you monsters to kill and then let you trade your fake gold for food.

So you also get 3 meals.

I kept my recipes for a weekend of 'normal' activity one time just to compare, and including gas, it would cost less to go play.

Hell for just the cost of membership you can play and eat for free as an NPC.

I never knew how good I had it until I started running a chapter.

Not that I don't enjoy it, but just showing up and being an NPC was almost as good, and way easier.

(CT accepts pay-no-play, we also accept just flat out money for no reason, if you happen to have piles of money laying around with nothing better to do with it. We will give it a good home. We also accept cash bids toward the 'kick Riddick in the junk' event)

Sunnfire said:
We also accept cash bids toward the 'kick Riddick in the junk' event

So where are you at for this?

Sunnfire said:
(CT accepts pay-no-play, we also accept just flat out money for no reason, if you happen to have piles of money laying around with nothing better to do with it. We will give it a good home. We also accept cash bids toward the 'kick Riddick in the junk' event)

Shameless plug! we can do shameless plugs???

Alliance OHIO! Land of...uh...Adventure? Gold? Ohioians?
PAY NO PLAY! DONATE MONEY FOR GOBBIES! DONATE COSTUMES (we need pouches!)!!!
:p :D :shock: :mrgreen:

What's the address?

and you should start a thread about it... you'd get more money...

though I could theoretically turn any event into a kick Riddick in the junk event for $65...

Quinn-

weird...

Sunnfire-

Ask JP (NH) about junk kicking...

Back