Peace, for now

A

Anonymous

For the time being there is peace between the two factions of the fae. They have decided to put their differences on hold until after this whole matter is resolved, I would really appreciate it if no one would do anything to anger the King of Dreams or the Hunter.

How can there possibly be any peace between the Fae? A few are trying to dismantle the weave and I have seen entire places change within my minds eye. Things are falling apart faster and faster.

Just a week ago our friendly Fae of love and hate were pitting us against one another to destroy or save monsters who were children. If meddling in our affairs and using us to challenge themselves is what they consider peace then we are truly endangered.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
How can there possibly be any peace between the Fae? A few are trying to dismantle the weave and I have seen entire places change within my minds eye. Things are falling apart faster and faster.

Just a week ago our friendly Fae of love and hate were pitting us against one another to destroy or save monsters who were children. If meddling in our affairs and using us to challenge themselves is what they consider peace then we are truly endangered.

~Balryn

Balyrn, please rethink what it was that I said. I said there was peace between the King of Dreams and the Hunter for the time being, I said nothing of the others. The matters between those two beings and the fae that are loyal to those two sides are important to some and that is why I'm letting them know here.

As for the Strega, I said nothing about her, nor about there being peace between them and us so why take it to that point? Do you enjoy causing confrontation?

Thorn said:
Balyrn, please rethink what it was that I said. I said there was peace between the King of Dreams and the Hunter for the time being, I said nothing of the others. The matters between those two beings and the fae that are loyal to those two sides are important to some and that is why I'm letting them know here.

As for the Strega, I said nothing about her, nor about there being peace between them and us so why take it to that point? Do you enjoy causing confrontation?
How can the King and the Hunter have peace when the factions they are in fight? It doesn't make any sense. That's like two soldiers in opposing armies waving at each other, hoping that one of they're buddies friends doesn't take a pot shot at them. The simple fact that the Hunter and Strega have agreements to aid one another makes the Hunter a cohort of the Strega.

How many Fae lies will it take before some of you stop listening to them? They are not of our realm and they aren't supposed to be here. They fight with one another over and over because they can. They are immortal in sense that you and I will never fully comprehend.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
How can the King and the Hunter have peace when the factions they are in fight? It doesn't make any sense. That's like two soldiers in opposing armies waving at each other, hoping that one of they're buddies friends doesn't take a pot shot at them. The simple fact that the Hunter and Strega have agreements to aid one another makes the Hunter a cohort of the Strega.

How many Fae lies will it take before some of you stop listening to them? They are not of our realm and they aren't supposed to be here. They fight with one another over and over because they can. They are immortal in sense that you and I will never fully comprehend.

~Balryn

For someone who seems to dislike and distrust them so much, you seem to know and believe a lot about them. I'd be curious to find out where you got your information that the Hunter has "aggreements" to aid the Strega because, as I work for the Hunter, I'm going to tell you that he wants her ended just as much as all the rest of us. If she unmakes the Weave, he and the fae he is associated with (the Seasons) go with it as they are tied to the land here, unlike the King of Dreams and the Queen of Nightmares.

As far as their fae fighting each other, their peace agreement came almost two days after the event with the vampires. That is why I'm reporting it now.

But, please, Balyrn, tell me where you got your information. I'm curious to find out it's source.

Yes, I do know a lot about Fae- you are supposed to learn about the strengths and weakensesses of those who threaten your way of life. Trust... or belief has nothing to do with knowledge Thorn.

The unravelling of the weave will likely destroy this realm as we know it, but it is highly unlikely that it would destroy the fae realms. The fae realm is maintained by an entirely different pattern. This realm will survive in a manner different than you have known it. Our realms are connected in very few ways and that limitation saves us from being continually intruded upon by them, which most of the fae you've seen already know. If they could stay here longer or if they were supposed to be here in the first place they would. The seasons and the Hunter are far less connected to this realm than they claim.

Fae are simply creatures of manipulation. They seek power over thier peers and the few of them who can travel here are merely looking for useful things to add to thier collection. When was the last time you met a fae who didn't give something to you in exchange or preperation of a service? They simply need us more as tools than we need them as masters.

I suggest you talk with Slice about the individuals you work for and next time you highly ponder the fact that you are entering into an agreement with someone who views you nothing more than a tool or an ant.

Educating you more on the political structure of fae should be a question you ask your boss. If you want to discuss the fae you can speak to me in person.

~Barlyn

Balryn said:
Yes, I do know a lot about Fae- you are supposed to learn about the strengths and weakensesses of those who threaten your way of life. Trust... or belief has nothing to do with knowledge Thorn.

The unravelling of the weave will likely destroy this realm as we know it, but it is highly unlikely that it would destroy the fae realms. The fae realm is maintained by an entirely different pattern. This realm will survive in a manner different than you have known it. Our realms are connected in very few ways and that limitation saves us from being continually intruded upon by them, which most of the fae you've seen already know. If they could stay here longer or if they were supposed to be here in the first place they would. The seasons and the Hunter are far less connected to this realm than they claim.

Fae are simply creatures of manipulation. They seek power over thier peers and the few of them who can travel here are merely looking for useful things to add to thier collection. When was the last time you met a fae who didn't give something to you in exchange or preperation of a service? They simply need us more as tools than we need them as masters.

I suggest you talk with Slice about the individuals you work for and next time you highly ponder the fact that you are entering into an agreement with someone who views you nothing more than a tool or an ant.

Educating you more on the political structure of fae should be a question you ask your boss. If you want to discuss the fae you can speak to me in person.

~Barlyn

The quiet chuckle of the King of Dreams can be heard in the distance.

Balryn said:

The same can be said about most mortals.

Allies or Enemies

One should always listen to everything both an friend or an enemy has to say, as that small amount of knowledge could be what saves our *** in a situation. But, listening and believing are two seperate things. The Fae could be trying to pull the sheets over our heads, or they could be just as desirous of the out come we wish, as we are. Johnathan is correct in saying that they are incrediably similar to people. They put forth effort to come out on top. The difference is they are a good deal more powerful then most of the people here. And they are not stupid. If they wished to decieve us they are entirely capable. Look at the amount of information we have about Crochevia, about the Weave, and about the past and future that come from the Fae. They have been either incrediably helpful or incrediably detramental. Do we really have the information to choose which they have been? No, we don't, not without verifying what one fae has to say with another, or placing to much faith in the concept that we are smarter then them. The truth is with the information given to us we have no reason to choose sides, or to disrespect the Fae. They know what our end goal is. They know our intentions.
They say they wish to put their differences aside until this battle has been settled. I say wonderful. I am happy to hear it. It changes nothing about our end goal, and it changes nothing about our path to get there. I will still listen to what the Fae say, I will still write it down, compare it to what all the other fae have to say and then consider it as a source, I will still treat them with the same general respect I treat any of you, and I will still keep in mind that they are intelligent beings with a good deal of power, and all allied together, or seperated into factions they could decieve us enough to throw us off path. There are many possible outcomes of choosing sides. One: We could choose to believe everything they have to say, place our lives and the lives of our loved ones on it and come out much stronger and successful for it. Two: We could do the same thing, and discover we had been decieved and the Fae truly had an end goal that did not look good for us. The possibilities are endless there. Three: We could choose to outcast the opinions and words of the fae, treat them rudely and as our enemy, and push them away from helping us, leaving us lacking the information we needed, and now with an extra rather powerful enemy that we did not have before. Four: We could treat them as if they are deceiving us, and be unchanged for it, because they were our enemy to begin with. One of four of these scenerios come out well for us. I wont risk my life and my friends lives on a one out of four game of chance that really has no purpose to being played in the first place. Until given a solid reason to turn against a very powerful ally, or work for a very intelligent enemy I see no reason to treat this with more attention then it needs. My goal is to stop the unraveling of the weave, and bring things back to a peaceful livable state for the people of Crochevia. That goal is difficult enough without everyone believing every last thing someone tells them. Listen, remember, inform,discuss, act. Notice that act is last.

SLICE

By the way, talking trash about the fae in a fae realm, not on my list of smart things to do either.

Slice said:
By the way, talking trash about the fae in a fae realm, not on my list of smart things to do either.
Well no offense here Slice, but this isn't a Fae realm. The King of Dreams is powerful here- but this place is ours. Just as the Elements and the Hunter claim the breathing world, the King of Dreams is merely a visitor to this place. He dwells in the Fae realm just as they all do. The Fae realm is remarkable different and remarkably insane compared to here. Part of the reason Fae are so hard to understand is because of this difference and yet they are remarkably intrigued by the odd order of material life that is completely unlike thiers.

I can assure you whatever I say here is only a very slight disclosure of what I dream. The King knows all full too well what I believe of the Fae and how they work. Maybe it's just the time I spent in the dreamlands of Astoria, but I have no misunderstanding of who they are. I may have even ran into this

The King of Dreams and Queen of Nightmares haven't done anything to earn my animosity. Just because I speak of them and say they manipulate mortal kin doesn't speak trash of them. It speaks the truth. Whether or not they like the truth being discussed about them I would probably not know, however Fae tend to keep many more secrets than material beings. They also tend to remove themselves from large groups because while they are powerful beings they are hardly immortal. Safety in seclusion and privacy is a far easier way to survive the millenia than trying to deal with hordes of orcs and elves trying to kill you.

I would think that someone in your position would think the truth more revealing of your peers. Since most of the Fae typically experience longer lives than you do, I would likely think that one of the primary reasons they think lesser of the material races is because they are so reluctant to hold onto what they believe over time.

~Balryn

P.S. If the King or Queen want to speak with me, they are always welcome. I'll treat them to a glass of wine as I would any other guest at my table.

Balryn said:
Well no offense here Slice, but this isn't a Fae realm. The King of Dreams is powerful here- but this place is ours. Just as the Elements and the Hunter claim the breathing world, the King of Dreams is merely a visitor to this place. He dwells in the Fae realm just as they all do. The Fae realm is remarkable different and remarkably insane compared to here. Part of the reason Fae are so hard to understand is because of this difference and yet they are remarkably intrigued by the odd order of material life that is completely unlike thiers.

I can assure you whatever I say here is only a very slight disclosure of what I dream. The King knows all full too well what I believe of the Fae and how they work. Maybe it's just the time I spent in the dreamlands of Astoria, but I have no misunderstanding of who they are. I may have even ran into this

The King of Dreams and Queen of Nightmares haven't done anything to earn my animosity. Just because I speak of them and say they manipulate mortal kin doesn't speak trash of them. It speaks the truth. Whether or not they like the truth being discussed about them I would probably not know, however Fae tend to keep many more secrets than material beings. They also tend to remove themselves from large groups because while they are powerful beings they are hardly immortal. Safety in seclusion and privacy is a far easier way to survive the millenia than trying to deal with hordes of orcs and elves trying to kill you.

I would think that someone in your position would think the truth more revealing of your peers. Since most of the Fae typically experience longer lives than you do, I would likely think that one of the primary reasons they think lesser of the material races is because they are so reluctant to hold onto what they believe over time.

~Balryn

P.S. If the King or Queen want to speak with me, they are always welcome. I'll treat them to a glass of wine as I would any other guest at my table.

Ah good Balryn, that is a most acceptable invitation and perhaps should we all live, I will take you up on it. I am most interested is this realm of the Fae you speak of. Most of the Fae desire to return there, however to the best of our knowledge it was destroyed long ago. In fact it was the first thing the Strega ever destroyed. It was that action that lead us to rip her spirit apart. Regrettably none of us knew she would become powerful enough to reform, as she is doing. She has always been so clever at obscuring herself from Tempest. Then we had all the cards, save one. Of course we also had no mortal allies either. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As for whom is from where, you are partially correct. The Hunter, my former woodsman, was indeed from our native plane, but Reamus, Veraprim, Thywill, and all the other season oriented fae, or lesser fae as they are sometimes called, did not exist until we had appeared on this plane for the first time.

-Auboron, King of Dreams

Balryn,

I'm now quite certain that you are:
A gypsy, for you know so much about them.
A Gryphon, for you know so much about them.
A Fae, since you know so much about them.
Insane, since you know so much about THAT.

~Diera

After studying the concepts of the weave I believe that rather than actually destroying it- the Strega cut it from the rest of the tapestry so to speak. The primordial forces that I've learned about through my travels make me question whether or not it was even cut, but rather all the paths leading to it were tied off which left it inaccessible to everyone. I once lost my brother in such a place and it took me a great period of time to discover where to travel next.

This has indeed been an issue with other realms here in Iyave and some of the crossroads I've wandered. Occassionally beings from one realm or another find one of the more obscure paths- yet typically it is done by accident or chance. Even a tight knot loosens over time and eventually a way is found through.

It is interesting that your presence within this realm created some of the lesser beings. Undoubtedly your arrival released a huge amount of the essence of your realm into ours and changed some of the fundamental aspects of our etherial environment. It seems rather sad that some of them may merely be side effects of having true Fae wander this realm.

I would be interested in speaking with you about finding your realm. If nothing else, my people and myself are travelers who often finds things that were never meant to be found. I am often weary of individuals altering my way of life, so aiding you in finding it may indeed make both of us more at ease.

~Balryn

Diera said:
Balryn,

I'm now quite certain that you are:
A gypsy, for you know so much about them.
A Gryphon, for you know so much about them.
A Fae, since you know so much about them.
Insane, since you know so much about THAT.

~Diera

That wasn't very nice at all, and kinda uncalled for.

I mean, even though Balryn said he didn't trust fae and stuffs he's being pretty civil to the King of Dreams. In fact they're being nice to each other. At least that's how it seems to me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? And we can state them without being mean to each other.

King of Dreams,

I am not from this land, I traveled here on behest of family in need of help. There for I do not know really anything about the Fea, I was wondering if we all survive what is happening would you be willing to sit down and tell me more about you all? It would be intoresting to see one and learn about them, if that is ok with you that is. Please let me know.

Now, for calling one crazy for knowing about different things, is crazy in itself. Just becouse somebody knows alot about things is no reason to ridicule them or be-little them. And I believe that the one doing the name calling is a Noble of sorts in the land, now somebody correct me if I am wrong, but name calling as far as I know is not the way of a Noble, even if she is raised from the ranks of the adventurers.

As for everybody else, everybody stay safe, keep a sharp eye, and an open mind. If my healing is needed, I am more then happy to help.

Aaron Tyrson,
Healer,
Formal Caster

Riss said:
That wasn't very nice at all, and kinda uncalled for.
Riss said:
I mean, even though Balryn said he didn't trust fae and stuffs he's being pretty civil to the King of Dreams. In fact they're being nice to each other. At least that's how it seems to me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? And we can state them without being mean to each other.

Well typically maybe. But we've comfirmed Diera is a chaos harboring "earth" caster who carries an item of the Strega just for kicks. Rather than build a strong guild, it has fallen apart around her *cough* "leadership".

If she really wants to get technical.... I'll fully agree on everypoint she made.

I am gypsy. Always have been. Always will be. It's in my blood.
I am fae. Always have been. Always will be. Sorry. It's in my blood.
I am Gryphon. Haven't always been... but again sorry... It's in my blood.
I am Insane. Yep. Completely. It's in my blood. (Ever since that Gryphon part got added, or perhaps it was just being gypsy)

But Wow. For a Biata Diera... you are remarkably shortsighted and hateful of people who know more than you do. It's oddly funny that you attempt to insult me with so much of the truth.

It hurts. It really does.

No wait. Not really. I got used to the poor verbal abuse as a teenager.

So Diera... perhaps you would like to travel to Andalen or some other land with me and have a good old duel? I'm not against killing you legally. Here I thought about just forgeting about you and letting you scurry around taking care of the little chaos critters in town. It really didn't bother me knowing they would eventually devour your spirit.... but if you have the urge to throw yourself onto my blade feel free.

I'll give you a decent warning Diera. Just stay out of my way and don't stick your head in the fire again.

Is that blunt enough for you? If not... I have plenty of edges I can introduce you to.

~Balryn

Yes, short sighted. Because Biata know NOTHING about identifying and curing mental illness. And yet this is why everyone in the town comes running to ME when someone needs their head fixed.

But I don't work on unwilling patients. If you're happy with your madness, so be it. Just keep it in your own wagon, please.

~Diera

Oh! Please, this is getting out of hand. Just...you're both so angry. I'm sure this misunderstanding can be worked out.

I don't think Balryn is crazy just 'cause he knows about stuff, Diera.

Um, even though what he said was kind of scary.

Are you two really going to duel?!

I'm not going to needlessly duel someone over an insult when there are bigger things to worry about.

Like the Strega trying to destroy everything. Let's live through that first.

~Diera

Riss said:
Oh! Please, this is getting out of hand. Just...you're both so angry. I'm sure this misunderstanding can be worked out.

Are you two really going to duel?!
I hope so. I couldn't imagine a more gratifying experience than to slay the protector of a greater chaos critter.

This has been getting out of hand ever since Diera got put in charge of the guild even though her daughter was... well not her daughter.

Why people would run to Diera to fix anyone's head is beyond me and most of the town. Sure she can browse through thoughts and entice a few feelings, but the mental abilities of the Biata don't make you a healer of the spirit. The ability to delve into a mind doesn't grant her the ability to cure anything... it just let's her browse around like a spectator.

Tell you what Diera... you can play in my head if I can play in yours?

If you weren't such a redundant source of healing you'd have died a long time ago. Your usefullness is becoming extremely pointless...

~Balryn

Back