Pictures wanted for new Rule Book

A project for later this summer is Rule Book 1.2, which will include all the addendum changes and clarifications.

We're looking into making this available with color pictures for the downloaded version (oooh!) so I'm looking for good pictures to use. I want to make sure it's not all Ashbury pictures (which I have a lot of) so I hope other chapters will send me good pictures.

The pictures should be at least 300 dpi.

Specifically, I could really use the following:

Good close up pictures for the "races" section (especially a high ogre!) -- these should be posed, like in the current book
Demonstrations of various rules (doing first aid, being waylaid, using two weapons, etc)
How to Build a Weapon (I don't think I saved the original color pictures...)
Spell packets (showing the different colors)
Coins (including the new platinum coin)
Reading a scroll and drinking a potion
Doing alchemy (preferably with a cool alchemy lab behind you)
Acting out various spells (Repel, Sleep, etc)
Doing a ritual (with smoke effects and lights and so on)
Making a trap
Stealing something (maybe off a table in the tavern while the victim is looking the other way)

Action pictures are better than posed pictures (most of the time). Make sure there are no anachronisms. Someone in a great costume standing in front of a pick-up truck won't be used. Obvious modern watches or tennis shoes will not be used. Make us look good. Show off your best costumes, make up, props and sets.

If you have them posted somewhere and they are at least 300 dpi, tell me where I can download them. If you want to send some to me, you can email them to michael.ventrella@gmail.com or mail me a disc or jump drive thingie to PO Box 349, Tannersville, PA 18372

Google drive is great, but be warned, unless you're paying for space, pictures will quickly cap out your limit (2 gb I believe?).

I think if you limit the image resolution (say, no more than 1024x768) and file type (jpg/jpeg or png only), 2GB should be plenty of space.

Also: When is the deadline for sending pictures in?

Avaran, that's counter productive. He's attempting to get print quality photos (300 dpi). Preferably they'd be in PNG format. Jpg causes artifacts, and a 1024x768 photo is only 3"x2" (divide the resolution by the dpi, ie. 1024 / 300).

Yeah I'd need them bigger than that. Well, it's probably best if you burn them onto a disc or a thumb drive and mail them to me.

I hope to get this done by July. We are waiting for a few final clarifications / updates from ARC and the owners.

You can use the gDrive for transferring photos. If Mike downloads them from the web, he can delete to make room for new ones. It's not the most efficient, but it's still functional.

-Luke

Issue with posting big albums like that is tracking down folks to give permission to use their likeness in a retail product. With sending in photos, it's pretty much implied. Speaking of which, will we need some sort of photo release deal?

SkollWolfrun said:
another good option would be to post the links here. Then he can filter through & find good ones.

ie: http://www.flickr.com/photos/85137844@N ... 449205052/

There are some really good photos in there! I really like the ones with Demona and Max, as well as the ones just after with Roan, Alcandar, Virid, and Iftikaar. :) Although, Virid looks more like a barbarian than an elf ... ;)

Thanks, keep posting them. Remember, if they are too small, I can't use them.

And I specifically need some posed pictures as stated in the first post in this thread, so take some time at your next event and pose your friends!

evi1r0n said:
Issue with posting big albums like that is tracking down folks to give permission to use their likeness in a retail product. With sending in photos, it's pretty much implied. Speaking of which, will we need some sort of photo release deal?

Most chapters base their legal releases on ours which include permission to use photos. A few of our players have crossed that out and we respect their views and honor the contract.

I vote Donna for ogre.

This coming from a damn good looking ogre, If I do say so myself. :)

My dwarf

617087_4761258590334_1439827440_o.jpg

Ah ha! I have a budding alchemy lab setup going on. Maybe I'll out something together.

I have a really good pic of my coyote-kin which I'll post tonight or after the weekend

Back