Playtesting and your characters!

Alkalin3

Knight
Welcome to Alliance 2.0 Adventurers!

Your characters has been imported into the new database. Your chapter should have have been asking for emails, and an account with that email has should have been created for you.

Your characters build has been turned into xp and is now free to spend.

You'll need to get a password first.

You can do that by clicking the following link.

https://db.alliancelarp.com/users/password/new

Enter your email, and follow the instructions in your inbox.

You can view your characters at https://db.alliancelarp.com/characters

You can click your character and spend your xp however you'd like. Please note that once you buy a skill there is no way to undo it.

If you're unsure about how your build will turn out, try the free play mode (https://freeplay.alliancelarp.com)

Your chapter has a specific preregistration flow. But, I ask that you also use the very basic preregistration flow build into the new database. This will help with reporting later. Also, we'll export characters based on who is preregistered so you don't want to be missed.

You can preregister for your event on the events page here.

https://db.alliancelarp.com/events/5

There's a couple things to go over.
If this chapter isn't your home chapter, you need to get ahold of your chapter and have them get ahold of me with your current character card and I'll get you setup.

If your email is coming back as not found, send me a message with the correct email, your name, and some of your characters. You probably didn't have an email entered in the system.

If something is off with your character get ahold of me. A lot of these database have different names for the races, so there's a chance yours can be off. Or maybe you played a Barbarian and now want to be a Human instead of an oathsworn.

If you have any questions, I'm also here to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this effect travelers Chris? Obviously my character is house in TC. I imagine I set up with TC as my home chapter, but will you guys have access to it?

Does this include magic items? How is that going to be done?

How soon should have I have my character in this database before the event?

Also, playtest in September and hate the build? Can I change the character build again in October?

Thanks, going to be crazy couple of months with play testing in TC (on plot side) and Somi (on player side).

-Cory

When you pre-register for an event you grant the chapter access to your card for a duration leading up to and after the event.

Your character is setup because Traverse but, Nate or Carries will not be because Chicago either isn't running playtest or hasn't talked to me about getting setup. I'll probably end up creating their characters by hand.

Magic items won't be retagged but, we'll convert them to different effects and mark those effects and tag number on your card. Better yet we can get it done before you show up.

We have acess to Internet on site. So we won't have a cut off. When your running TCs playtest whenever bev wants to export cards is the cut off. The first event we'll be running 3 computers checking people in.

Not only can you change but, I'd encourage you to try a second build. More play test data helps. I will either clear all characters skills out or I will ask that you make a request that I do it. Not sure what yet.

Last edited:
on the free play builder, how to you enter spell slots? and spell levels purchased? I only see a way buy skills.

I have picked a primary school and had started building a new character yesterday and now all of that information got wiped and I had to reset my password today. I can't pick skills now even with a primary school picked. All I can do is add craftsman.

I have picked a primary school and had started building a new character yesterday and now all of that information got wiped and I had to reset my password today. I can't pick skills now even with a primary school picked. All I can do is add craftsman.

Hi Krystina,

It's pretty unlikely your character got wiped. There's nothing in the database that lets you delete characters. I'm the only one who can do it and I have to do it by hand.
The fact that you had to reset your password probably suggests that you got the free play version and real version mixed up.

I see you have a few characters in the real play test database but, this is probably your real character. https://alliancedb.herokuapp.com/characters/615 (no one else can see it but you me, and logistics).

You're a Sylvanborn, and a higher level one. The database is going to require you to meet your requirement of Craftsman skills prior to purchasing anything else. (Since you have to 1 buy per level up to 5). If you purchase another 4, it will let you start buying other skills.

Hi Krystina,

It's pretty unlikely your character got wiped. There's nothing in the database that lets you delete characters. I'm the only one who can do it and I have to do it by hand.
The fact that you had to reset your password probably suggests that you got the free play version and real version mixed up.

I see you have a few characters in the real play test database but, this is probably your real character. https://alliancedb.herokuapp.com/characters/615 (no one else can see it but you me, and logistics).

You're a Sylvanborn, and a higher level one. The database is going to require you to meet your requirement of Craftsman skills prior to purchasing anything else. (Since you have to 1 buy per level up to 5). If you purchase another 4, it will let you start buying other skills.

So, I apparently did get them mixed up! Rick had too many links in his dump post and they all looked the same. Could you please delete the Ole & Ole Test from the real database for me? Since that was not what I was trying to do lol. I'm in my free build one now, because well, I'm dumb and thought I went to the right bookmarked link.

Also, thank you for the clarification on having to add all the craftsman before it would allow you to add the other skills in the real DB. That was a super helpful note!

Inger,
I think there's an addition error somewhere in the 2.0 database. For my Traverse character, it's showing that I only have spent 9 XP on Trades & Crafts category Skills. It should be 11 XP -- Educated (3), Herbal Lore (4), and 2 instances of CO Scrivener (2x2=4). It might be counting my COs as 1 XP each even though the character is a Dryad not a Sylvanborn? I didn't even realise it until I was testing my Build Points Tracker.
- Taed

Edit: DISREGARD I'M AN IDIOT dryads get Herbal Lore for half cost.

So, I apparently did get them mixed up! Rick had too many links in his dump post and they all looked the same. Could you please delete the Ole & Ole Test from the real database for me? Since that was not what I was trying to do lol. I'm in my free build one now, because well, I'm dumb and thought I went to the right bookmarked link.

Don't worry. I know others who messed this up too. You're not dumb, there is just a lot of new stuff to deal with!

in the free builder, is it possible to start off with a full 4 column? lots of clicking, which is okay. just wondering if I can reduce the clicking

Back