Please Read: National Forum Restructure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar

Squire
Dear Owners, Staff, and Players of the Alliance,

It is often that I speak about our community to strangers with great pride. I talk about how passionate we are about our game; about the comradery and joy we share in the stories we tell. I speak about how proud I am that I can represent that community and introduce new people to the game we all know and love.

Unfortunately, the boards are usually not covered in those talks. It has been often that I have found many players discussing how toxic the boards have become. They talk about how people snipe at one another, and how if they want to keep players, they direct them both toward FB pages, or local boards, and away from national forums.

New and old players speak about how much the National Boards are not a good place for people to interact.

Sadly, over the last months, we have had multiple arguments that have had to be shut down; frankly proving them right.

It is my expectation that we will treat one another with respect. That is not some inanimate person behind a keyboard that you don’t know. That can very well be a future friend, staff member, or lifeline. At minimum? It is a fellow player who enjoys the same game as you.

It is my expectation that we are better than this; and frankly I’m disappointed.

Let me be absolutely, abundantly clear; these boards are a -privilege-, not a right. They are a place to build community – not to low-blow each other over differences. I will not tolerate this, no matter who you are.

We are a national organization, but there are differences on a chapter by chapter level. These boards are a way to offer insight into differences of the game that we love so well. There will be chapters that are not your flavor, but it is my expectation that you respect the people whose flavor it is. It is my expectation that you will disagree with one another like adults, not children, or trolls, or any other type of less than professional individual.

I am done with the lack of respect, kindness and understanding. Period.

Therefore, the boards will be changing in the upcoming weeks. This includes a restructuring of different forums, as well as an update to the bylaws of the boards, including banning actions.

You are free to continue conversations on Facebook pages, Twitter or any other personal page as you see fit. However, you will not come here and treat each other like this. It is unacceptable and will stop. Now.

It is my sincere hope that you all will take this to heart. The community; each and every single one of you is better than this.

Should you have questions in regards to this, please feel free to email myself and our National Customer Service Representative. (AliBuntemeyergm@gmail.com and Shduetzmann@gmail.com )

Sincerely,

Alison Buntemeyer
Alliance Chairman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back