Poison Parry & Elemental Parry?

Has there been any discussion about adding Poison Parry and/or Elemental Parry rituals?

If not, what are people's thoughts?

My best guess is that those rituals are not being made in order to maintain the value of racial Resist Poison and Resist Element. Yes, Spell Parry devalues racial Resist Magic, but magic is MUCH more prevalent than poison and elemental attacks (combined), so the fact that it has more total defensive options is relatively balanced.

I'm obviously spitballing, but from a pure design perspective, I'd try to make sure that magic has the most defensive abilities, then poison, and then elemental (with the last two having roughly the same number of options and well fewer than the first), purely based on how common those attack types are / the cost to use those effects / availability of those effects to PCs.

-MS

It's probably also due to (1) promoting interreliance among the classes- in this case, still having to get a poison shield or elemental shield from a caster (or crafter), and (2) it just wasn't thought of.

From a thematic standpoint, it makes more sense for me to have a ritual that lets me smack a spell out of the air than one that somehow disperses poisonous gas or deals with raw elemental energy.

From a thematic standpoint, it makes more sense for me to have a ritual that lets me smack a spell out of the air than one that somehow disperses poisonous gas or deals with raw elemental energy.

Why? There are battle magic spells to counter spells, poisons, and elemental damage. Why does it only fit thematically for a ritual to counter one of those three deliveries?

Back