Post-shard stories

PirateFox

Scholar
The other night at the scheduled Tuesday Talks for Alliance Denver, we were discussing the topic of "how does the shard end for your specific character" and that this isn't really something plot can or should be heavily involved in. They deserve a break and shouldn't have to write 100 post-event BGAs to sum up what ultimately is a very personal moment.

This led me to a proposal.

Once the last v-event is done, I hereby challenge/ask everyone who's willing to do so (note: this is not a requirement, nor could I issue one if I wanted to) to write up a personalized in-character view of your departure from the world. Once you've written it up, I'll be putting up a thread, post, or group soonish where we can collect them all and share in the sad moment. For now, just ponder, then we'll hit the ground running after the v-event.

Some rules for this exercise to keep things sane! (They're pretty much the usual BGA rules)
1) Don't continue past leaving the old world. New world plot shouldn't have to marshal this yet.
2) Don't give yourself things. This is about feelings, memories, and watching the world burn...I mean, departing the world.
3) If it requires plot intervention or consultation, don't do it. We're giving them a break, remember?
4) HAVE FUN. This is saying goodbye to a world we've enjoyed for years. Let your emotions go (even if they're just in-character emotions).

Back