Post your favorite moments from the weekend!

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Here we go! How was your first event at the new site? Tell us some favorite moments or stories!

I had a blast! Here are some of my favorites...

1) Ember, Cinder and Emaric teasing the crap out of Bones' life choices with women.
2) The Dargok duel. I cannot get enough Howling Woods plot. Seriously. I know others might be sick of it, but I eat it up!
3) Challenging an Ulwraithi Orc to a duel and him saying "What, you think by killing just me that we will stop attacking you? You are crazy!"
4) "General" Thousand Bones... pfft... what a silly title. Warlord Thousand Bones has a better sound to it.
5) The whole capture the flag thing was great! I loved it so hard!
6) Playing shut the box with new people!
7) Interacting with Knox and Nirrabex, and getting involved with some new Howling Woods stuff.
8) Emaric and Bones... battle brothers for life. And being allowed to see his "naming" ritual. Yeah, that was awesome.
9) The Baroness and Bones. That roleplay is always so enlightening and it makes for good character development.
10) Finally, I just want to say that over the course of 9 months, and only 4 events... I feel like I have found a good home for my character. Even with all the trials and tribulations that the characters go through, I seriously feel like this chapter has some of the best roleplayers, and awesome stories out there. And it is all because of the talent of our players, but more importantly our NPCs and Plot team. Thank you guys so much for making us feel so welcome. I truly do appreciate it.

• Dustun and Joe, first time players, volunteering to NPC for us at start of game and just being real troopers! Dustun encouraging us to call them "Monster 1" and "Monster 2" backstage -- Unfortunately, those nicknames stuck ;)
  • "ALL HAIL! ALL UMBRA'SIL!" at random points punctuating conversation in Monster Camp all weekend
  • During the Umbra'Sil field battle on Friday night, "Lord Umbra'Sil claims this land... this land in which Acarthians are sneaking up on us on the left!"
    "I hear you! I hear you say that Lord Umbra'Sil claims the land in which Acarthians are totally sneaking up on us on the left!"
  • "Bethany, do you want to be invested into my Ward?" -- "Yes! I'd really like that a lot!"
  • Watching all the PC leadership, cooperation, sneaky moves, and tactics in the Red Crucible! So many individuals to cheer for! (Thanks, PCs, for your immediate positive feedback about Darrin's great encounter there!)
  • Tevas! Getting to roleplay with him with 3 different characters this weekend, and some really neat conversations IC!
  • Van! After hearing so much from my Rivervalies who've had much chance to adventure with him over 3 events, I was grateful to finally get an introduction to Dame Katherine, and have some really cool - if all too brief - roleplay over dinner
  • John Siadak's module for Rivervale re: Superbia, continuing our Mod Day plot. Wow.
    • Thank you, John, not merely for enabling, but encouraging me to get to PC on that mod. I am so grateful. :)
    • John has such a talent for really getting what players want from their PC experience. The detail and consideration I see him putting into character-directed stories is so inspirational and impressive to me. He gives us a lot. He gave me, personally, a one-of-a-kind character experience for Dame Katherine for which, again, I'm so grateful.
    • Paul Sr. studying the role of Lord William Albright, Dame Katherine's father, and just nailing this character already beloved offstage -- even down to small details like calling his daughter "Katie," and making jokes about his own middle name. Thank you, Paul! You did a real service there!
    • Man! The bonding of "House Albright"! Such a neat story opportunity, John, and you gave a bunch of characters what is certainly to me the feeling of a lasting legacy. I loved getting the chance to involve Tevas, Nirrabex, and Van in that, welcoming them into a very special bond that already existed among Rivervale
    • Darius calling "House Albright" to charge into battle!
    • John, thank you for the essence of the House Albright story -- you know the details I mean. I loved every moment. That was so superbly crafted! Such a brilliant way to really strike to the heart of making a Player Character feel special without giving away anything material mechanically or substantively outwardly. That was elegant.
    • At the same time that John as our writer craved out a niche that really made ME feel special, he did so without making either Mod Day or this follow-up sequel "The Trace Show." There was so much opportunity for others, which leads me to...
    • BELSWIN: MVP of that mod. In the words of the ratmen, "Belswin best roleplay!"
    • Seeing Belswin's fire outfit, and the expression on his face that told a thousand words, and knowing as soon as I stepped into play that Something Was Wrong
    • Eldred! We've barely roleplayed together in 2 years -- but much like many real words friends, we come together again as besties as if no time has passed when reunited, if only for moments. I loved the few spare moments of the wizardy teasing, checking on my armor, the DBs reminiscence. It was little time, but it was quality time. Thank you so much for that gift, Ray! (Speaking of which, Juliet recanting the DBs story as Elavir to Demvarien and Van and those assembled!)
  • Nogra visiting the Mages Guild pre-meeting after the initial Friday night fight. Loved some great roleplay there with the assembled PCs in a group of characters that normally don't interact together; they're not really the "talk with Nogra" crowd, and that added some interesting color to that particular conversation. I really enjoyed that, and I hope you did as well!
  • Pretty much everything Vincent does. Man, he was ON this weekend!
  • Getting to see the much-anticipated Viscount Alaric and Lord Basil together at court. Jeff and Vincent both nailed roles that require a gentle hand, and some complexity. You were both wonderful in my estimation!
  • As Vincent named it, "Know Your Nobles Weekend!" Sir Garrett Kane, Sir Terry Warchester, Sir Theo Samil, Sir Eryx Blaze, Dame Grey, Lady Thyria Aldridge, Sir Jamie Whitehall, Sir Wendell Rainsford, Viscount Alaric Tiberion, Lord Basil Tiberion, Lord William Albright... was that everybody? Boy, what a lot of noble NPCs for a change -- that was kind of neat!
  • Sunday morning yoga in NPC Camp, with everyone getting a rubber snake distributed to them, with our occassional interspersed chants in praise of Lord Umbra'Sil between poses!
  • "Noah, you're WEAK!" -- "No, he's rich!" Aw man. I miss my Rivervalies!
  • MWE meeting on Sunday morning, wow! I was so inspired and impassioned with all your great roleplay! I loved that experience as a character as part of it, AND I get to look forward to all your cool-sounding BGAs -- I'm really excited! Super glad that you love the Ulrathi... OOG anyway :)
Thank you, everybody! I feel a little guilty that I had so much with such great roleplay since I feel like it's my duty to entertain you first -- but this is guilt I can certainly live with :)

Love & Kisses,
Trace
Team Daedalus
2018 Acarthia Plot Team

I ‘m so happy to be back to the game after all of the school and life drama that kept me away for a few games. I ‘m planning to be here for good so yay! As an NPC many of my favorite moments are spent in our monster camp joking around so here are some of my highlights!

Hugs! I loved getting to see everyone and the hugs I recieved from Plot, NPC’s, and PC’s alike were amazing and comforting!

Out of game snake cult yoga. Trace told me on Saturday that she did some yoga in the morning and I begged her to let me join her for Sunday. I really hope this becomes a regular thing for NPCs! It’s fun

The MWE ethical delemia. I ‘m sure more happened but I loved hearing their philosophies of what is freedom and right and wrong. I think It is awesome plotand I’m eager to see where it goes from an outside perspective.

The new monster camp! While there are still a few tweaks I have to say I love the setup and location of where it is. We don’t have to walk forever to be somewhere central. There is plenty of storage space (once we eventually organize everything).

Peanuts.

Everyone’s creative energy! Enthusiasm! And most importantly, love of the game.

I had such a good game! So many things to talk about.
- I really liked that I was able to be included in the plot stuff regarding Cyrus Isilithsrin (the OG Huntsman), and the discussions I had with Squire Noah, Squire Demvarien, Squire Kendrick, and Baron Darius were all awesome. And filling others in on the Huntsman stuff was fun.
- Getting to talk to Squire Noah about the Aspenwood Elves. It was cool to talk about some of Mevanwy's lesser-known background stuff, too.
- MorningWood. That is all. ;)
- The Magnificent Vanishing Magical Energy Trick! (don't you dare try and get Mevanwy to admit to having done that, lmao.)
- I really liked the RP with the Heidron and the one-horn. The bracelets we got were cool, but I loved the bits of RP that came from that.
- I happened upon a group who asked if we could help re-plant these Ent seeds so that their kind wouldn't die out with them. I was tapped on magic and ended up being the one chanting while Peat, Madrigal, and several others fought off those who would try to stop this. Then the bit at the end as they saw our success and the one Ent passed away in front of us.... sheesh that hurt. I'm really starting to see how much Mevanwy cares about plants, the forest, and Dryads lol. It has been a fun thing to develop.
- Tivi and Thran. Honestly, they're too adorable for words. But I loved getting to go on adventures with them. I really had fun on the Spider plot with Thran, and I'll still never get over "Sultry Thran". heh.
- Peat bobbing for magical energy in Mevanwy's cleavage. This was a highlight and hilarious as a player, even though it was hilariously awkward for Mevanwy as a character. Oh wow, all of those interactions were hilarious.
- Every time innuendo came up while Thousand Bones was passing by. It was hilarious how much he'd just "nope" out of it. xD
- I really loved the Healer's Guild stuff I got to do this weekend. I like Karlee as a player, and Mevanwy hasn't gotten to interact with Cynder as much. She's looking forward to working with another person who shows interest in leadership in the Healer's Guild. And the RP that happened, including the tension, was interesting to play out.
- The petition to change certain laws when we change the Healer's Guild Charter. I cannot wait for this to play out, and I hope we get to have fun with whatever comes next.
- Talking about how to deal with Sark, and then hearing Echo chime in "Push him over a 'Sar-chasm'." in the background. Oh that was hilarious, because it came right after we were talking about Sarcasm.xD
- I was able to do a cipher, all by myself! Thanks again to Knox for letting me take a stab at it. I had so much fun, and it was a reminder to myself to do more with Ciphers.
- Mevanwy learning how to play Shut the Box with Thousand Bones and then winning at her very first game!
- Getting my shadow stolen. I was trying so hard to not look unless someone brought it up. Someone brought it up when I was in a cabin, and I noticed I had no shadow. But it was back in the morning. Currently Mevanwy thinks she was hallucinating. I can't wait to see what may happen.
- Every moment where Mac and I lost our composure simply because one of us or the other would bring up Mevanwy's father... who is played by Mac.
- Finding an actual deer antler while on a mod with a Reindeer
- Actively asking about what logical thing would make someone want to purposely get intoxicated
- Ah! So much!

- Starting out terrified of everything and everyone, and IG getting comfortable around what she perceives as great heroes and nobles
- Getting drunk w Zakar
- Myvanwy dragging Yssenia to the healer guild meeting
- Waylaying, dragging out and saving a MWE slave, only to interact with her, and deal with how broken she was then watch her get killed in front of her eyes
- Waking up super early on Saturday for an early morning ranging and find a TON of the blue cards.
- A huge thank you to all of the MWEs who really made me feel like one of the group right out of the bat! Zakar, Sandro, Rory, Lumi, Nyrrabex, Cynder, Ember! You guys are awesome!
- How did I NPC Blooming Germination and things didn't go to ****?! Also, the glower matches with her and Noah. And finally some very emotional plant conversations with her and Peat and Panax.
- Coming back after my ranging and talking w Kendrick, and Peat, and their reactions to me giving them ranging information
- Imprisoned Sandro is best shield for shooting from behind!!!!!
- Sneaking around with Captain Roberts in multiple battle
- Getting to bard with Rory and the following plotting to get the entertainers guild started again. Just in general I really appreciated being able to bard in a safe environment, and have people enjoy it. I've been burned in the past with my playing, so hearing the compliments on it REALLY made my weekend something special.
- Being absolutely terrified of nobles and squires as they cavalierly talk about charms and enslavements
- MWE gathering Sunday morning! The cuddle piles while talking about absolutely terrifying stuff. Really the whole Ulrathi/MWE slave plot this weekend was intense. I was expecting Yssenia to spend much more time being afraid of stuff, but getting introduced to that the first night just ignited a rage I didn't think the character had.

Also, so many IG regrets that are making for such fun character growth, and OOG enjoyment
- Her interactions with 5 and 13
- Being 10 feet away from the snake ritual sacrifice for minutes, but being too afraid to run in and endow out
- Her IG fears of starting up a bardic thing at dinner

Let me start off with a brief bit of negativity: Eff pollen. Eff it so hard. My face still feels gross. I will be happy when pollen season is over!!!

That said:
*Getting to play on the new site!! It was every bit as neat as I thought it would be, even with the rustic feel. I LOVED the plot choice to force an IC "rebuild" and the shift it caused in everyone's roleplay. Such fun.
*The food!! (I suspect this will be in every favorite moments response as long as Josh and Karlee are in charge of cooking because holy crap. I would like to give special mention to the scrambled eggs which were the most perfect eggs I've ever had.
*The moment Alis realized that Nirrabex had no idea Noah was a Scion Stepson.
*Deep and complicated conversations with Izual that led to even more complicated emotions. Yikes.
*Tea in Kendrick's cabin with Peat!
*Getting so many IC compliments on Alis' new color scheme; thank you for making her achievement so special you guys. <3
*Doing a prophecy for Jax and his reaction being, "Yep. Bad choices. That sounds about right."
*Darrin is awesome.
*Finding deep, newfound respect for Darius upon learning what choices he had made.

Oh man. So many great things. I’ll add more as they come to me.

• The obvious betrayal of Sark v Dargok and then the realization that the ulrathi were there with slaves. Much rage. Also much Friday night insanity so I got immediately pulled in 4 directions.
  • Piney the new asst guildmistress. Also sassing and flirting and realizing lord Moorefield didn’t seem amused by Lumi’s nature.
  • Super fun mages guild mod. I hate that the pine cones made it extra hard mode. But fun.
  • Getting back too late to help give toadstone his favor of initiation but coming back just in time for him to be intoxicated off his ***. Lumi was about to prove she’d do anyone/thing for the team.
  • The food. Breakfast was sooooo good all game. Yum. I heard the seconds holler and bolted out of my tent for food.
  • Hanging out on the porch of Kendrick’s cabin. That cabin is full of my second family <3
  • The red crucible was more fun than I expected.
  • Going to the cabin for afternoon break and relax and having some good talks only to hear some orcs come in and refer to Sandro as new merchandise. Shoes on and weapon at the ready in record time. All the roleplay and choices that came after were super intense. Also gathering mwes for raging. I think the magic storm the orcs will see shall soon outshine Lumi’s first rage storm on HFH.
  • Dinner and shooting the crap with people before the spider/Bugs. All the titles we came up with. Plus magic mana shots.
  • Going on a lovely date with Kendrick (that I was certain would get interrupted) and then deciding to come back towards the tail end of serpents. Kendrick maybe killed an innocent man, fixed it and then had to put him back down for attacking Zakar. Killing the Taylor NPC twice. Letting Trace’s NPC into my ward because I still felt unsure about what happened with darrins NPC. Then Kendrick interrupting her sacrificing herself in my tent. Never again. Die in the wild with the rest of us :p
  • Tavern time and then heading to get snacks for those lingering at the tavern. Taking emaric and eventually thousand bones. Thinking we were going to safely get out and then almost going to the circle while silently praying the orcs don’t see me and that my friends do. Puck looked over me so many times XD luckily we all survived and it made me more ragey.
  • Breakfast convos and then rallying the Mwes. I love that we had goals and plans and all the heated moments of passionately feeling some way were still kind and respectful. Also our adopted not mwe Knox. I think we will get **** handled.
  • Plant fight! So good. And heading spell guard on my magic storm felt awesome.
  • I loved Owens plant NPC. I didn’t interact with him much but he was amazing as always.
  • Still madly in love with the reindeerkyn.
  • Making and further developing friendships. I have really come to adore a lot of you amazing nerds both IC and OOC and really treasure every second I get with you.
  • Besides the pollen and some site setbacks I’m super stoked to watch Neverpeak grow and develop. I also didn’t hate tent camping as much as I thought I might.
Mandi/Lumi

• Neverpeak- I'm so overjoyed about having this site to turn into something incredible. I was really nervous but it was SO beautiful and has tons of potential.
  • Becoming a Scion! It was hilarious how many people knew what was happening without being told anything. Noah... worst/best stepson ever. I had no idea he was part of the group and the captain waylay was masterful. Alis taking me down in the middle of the tavern so quietly no one even saw, Kendrick being Kendrick, and Izual NEARLY clipping Darius to get to me. I had to actively stop myself as a player from laughing or grinning. I really appreciate all the time and effort that was put in just for me. I had to be cunning and use my wits and Nirra was pushed to really prove her herself.
  • Serious talk time with Tevas.
  • Hanging out with Warchester (and the magical water shard!) and talking noble politics.
  • Darius/Rivervale/House Albright- Nirra genuinely likes a noble! *gasp* She respects the Baron after hearing about his choices and honesty and was really glad to be part of the Rivervale hunt to take down superbia. Mostly ribbing Darius about how she needs a belt favor now because she's technically an Albright.
  • The red crucible and teasing Zac about never doubting my Kai.
  • The secrets Alis and Nirra danced around.
  • The MWE plot. I'm SO into this plot! Such and awesome way to stir up that fierce MWE passion. From the Ulrathi fight outside Kendricks cabin, to the heated debate on what to do about the slaves, to talking with Knox and Bones only to change her mind completely and try and organize and deligate... the morning meeting that went SO well. MWEs really are the best. Everyine pitched in. Everyone had ideas. Everyone worked together. And then watching us stir some righteous fury and compassion in Non-MWE was awesome.
  • Feeling like one of the "known" characters! I've finally been around enough that people know who Nirra is and look for her. It feels so good that her friend group is growing.

Wow, let's see if I can remember all of these.

• Friday night with the Scions - Fun times with Nirrabex talking to Darius. Though much to my surprise Squire Noah gets the MVP for the hunt by hiring Capt Roberts. Anyway, huzzah to Nirrabex.
  • Red Crucible - What an interesting field battle idea! I loved it. What a great way to let others take charge and practice leadership without the destruction of the town being on the line. Plus you got to highlight people that don't often get highlighted. It was statted a bit low but that's good I think for what it was. Add a few spells next time and I think that it's a great idea.
  • Dragonfly Cottage Time - Loved hanging out in the cabin all weekend with Knox, Peat and Rory and the little community we are building in that area. Sandro and the other KS players hanging out up there was a delight plus Puck ending up camping near us. Super nice little family we are building up there. I can't wait til my Rivervale family is up there.
  • Lumi and my date leading into Madness - She didn't believe I could actually get away with a date, but I did! We had a nice little star watching session up on the hill behind Jesse's house. Super beautiful warm night, had wonderful talks. Then coming back into town with sounds of cultists, no sword, no shield, just me, Lumi and eventually Belswin. Killed folk, let folk go, it was total chaos. Lumi even invited a cultist into her tent/bed...then realized it might be a bad idea.
  • Sunday morning PJ battle - Had to go to the restroom so left the cabin in my PJs and slippers with no weapons. Ended up participating in the final field battle with whatever mana I could find on the ground. Lumi and I had some pretty epic magic storming happening.
  • Conversation with Dame Grey - What a delightful knight! I love talking tactics and engineering (she's an expert in siege engines). We talked a lot about the defense of the town. Super delightful!
  • Massage time - My leg was pretty bad all weekend and it just kept getting worse. Luckily Tevas is a wonder with his hands and helped me work out some of the issues I was having with it. After his work on the leg, I was actually in pretty good shape for Saturday night. Thank you Tevas!!!!
  • Dargok field battle on Friday - Wow..what an intense fight. I felt like we weren't pushed to the brink but our tactics in that tavern weren't quite there. Plus not enough leadership and direction led to quite a bit of confusion. It was a fun fight that I felt like we didn't handle super well as a town, but learned from. Our strategy got better throughout the weekend.
  • The Darius belt issue - Wow...did not expect that to happen. Great RP with lots of people surrounding this issue. Can't wait to see what happens next month.
  • Mage Guild Mod - What a fun mechanic that we couldn't make sound or talk. Aneira and Knox killed it. Great job Darrin on that mod.
  • Superbia - Rivervale!!! Honestly we did great. Bel was an amazing ritualist slamming down a quickened DFM that was disguised. Tevas and Nirra came along giving us lot of support holding together the line. I Felt like we just really gelled as a team. Great RP from Paul M as Kate's daddy.
I'm sure there were others...but what a great event. Well paced, lots of varied content. Thanks again everyone for making this first event at Neverpeak such a great one.

Mike

Back