Potential New Player

Hello All,

I am very new to the idea of LARP but after reading the guide and familiarizing myself with the basics, I have a few questions.

1.) I had planned to create a Barbarian character that specialized in fighting with 2 hand-axes, like a Vikingr type of berserker. How do I build such a character? Is that a fighter class, or a rogue class? And how do I quickly establish a dual-wield warrior type build without being a rogue?

2.) Does anyone have any useful websites I could browse to search for weapons that are deemed ok to use for Alliance use?

3.) I am also considering NPCing first to get a hang of the system and wanted to ask what the most basic things I would need to bring if I were to NPC, since I am under the impression that NPC costumes/accessories are supplied by the staff.

I believe I'd be much closer to taking my first steps into playing if I could iron these few details out.

Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome to alliance larp! My name is Nathan and i am the Head of Plot in Chicago. To answer your questions:

1. If that is your character, then fighter would be your class. And to use 2 hand axes then all you would need is one handed edge, flouratine and two weapon fighting to be able to do that and you can still be a fighter.

2. I personally make my own weapons when it comes to game as i find it easier and cheeper so unfortunately i dont know of any websites. The alliance rule book does show how to build your own if interested in that.

3. NPC is a sure way to get the hang of the game and how it works. If you NPC all you would need is bedding and spare clothes just in case it rains or is super hot out plus normal toiletries. All costumes and weapons and armor are provided by staff.

Hope this helps and you can come out to our opener for the season on May 12th.

-Nathan
-Chicago HOP

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Nathan,

Awesome! Quick response! These answers are good. I would like to ask one more question, if I may.
How do I establish my character skills, exp, etc? Is there some sort of character sheet or template that you use?

Also, since you're head of plot, I was wondering if I could run a quick Character History idea by you and see if it is something that would be workable.

Thanks

For your character history feel free to email me at NyioSorn@gmail.com. Once i get it, ill read through it and present it to the whole plot team and we will respond back if we can make it worl.

As for character skill, and exp, there is a whole section in the rule book. You can download the pdf of it. Its the alliance larp rule book. But for quick answer, there is a standard character sheet that you will receive on site. Basically you get build points as you play events and gain xp which then can be used to purchase skills such as one handed edge and flouratine.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back