Potion making

Rinc

In the rule book it says the prerequisite to gain the skill "Create potion" is earth spell slot but in the description of the skill it says, "The character must have access to the spell in a spell book but does not have to be able to actually cast the spell."

So does that mean I have to buy one Earth spell level 1 slot just to get the skill and then say my PC goes to the Healer's guild and request to see or pay to use their spell book and copy some other spell then my PC can create said potion from the spell (if production points allow)?

Also would it be redundant to get the Craftsman skill and deem it Craftsman: Apothecary?

Thanks,
Elisha

Hey!

You need an Earth spell book with an entry for every spell you're putting into a potion, when you check into Logistics to make the item. Whether it's yours, whether it's borrowed, that doesn't really matter, except for your convenience.

So yeah, it's exactly how you put it. :)

As for your Craftsman skill, all your Craftsman can't do is duplicate an IG skill. So, you can't have Craftsman: Armorer because the a skill Blacksmithing covers that. Apothecary might also be considered covered by Alchemy/Potions, so maybe something like Craftsman: Gardener (you grow your own natural potion components, and have a green thumb, mayhaps?) or something "related" to your craft skillset without actually being your skillset.

Back