Proclamation of the Adventurers

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Zen Mallowbrooks. I am one of the adventurers from beyond the mists and for the past several months we adventurers have been trying to find our place in these lands. We have allied ourselves with the Freedom Coalition but, more importantly, we have also allied ourselves with Erabella itself. The stability this land is our top priority and those who would sow strife in the lands are our enemies. We are committed to building this land up to be the best that it can be.

Which brings us to the Royalists. It seems at every turn, they oppose and battle us. Even on our first day in these lands, they attacked us and refused our offers to talk. The Royalists have shown us nothing to say that they care for anything but revenge. How can we even say that they still have any interests at heart when they give us nothing but steel?

But, while I do believe in decisive action, I also have to believe in second chances. I know, know for a fact that some of those who side with the Royalists are not the ones we fight against. They are the spouses, siblings, and friends of those who found themselves on the other side of a war. They don't deserve our pity or our hate. They deserve to be treated like people. We cannot ignore the people we fight for even if their colors are different.

Come to the adventurers and throw down your weapons. No harm will come to you and you will be protected. There will be no prison bars and you will not be forced to fight. If you have no marketable skills then you will be taught a trade skill and given a job. Rejoin us in making Erabella a place worth living in.

But do not mistake my kindness for weakness. Once the fighting starts there will be no more mercy and only a painful death leading to the ultimate end remains down that path. If you raise a weapon against us there will be no going back. Just know that you may strike blows against the adventurers of Erabella, but you will never best us. This war only ends one way.

Erebis, if you're listening, I would extend this offer to you as well but I know your conviction at this point. Instead, I have a different offer for you. The adventurers dont know you or your story. Beyond revenge, we dont know you at all. Come talk to me, one on one. No tricks. No gambits. Tell me your story so we can avoid the mistakes of your past. I will send you the location privately.

Zen Mallowbrooks
Adventurer of Erabella

No harm will come to you and you will be protected.

Zen, while I agree with most of your points, I do not with this particular one. At least, not entirely. If one comes to us who has committed murder, piracy, theft, or other crimes they will be made to pay for them. This is not a death sentence, for I am not a judge nor a jury, it would be up to the magistrates who are duly appointed by the Coalition. But to promise no harm as a blanket statement ... I cannot and will not agree to that.

Zihr of House Husky
Squire to Baron Marciano Gibbs of the Eastern Territories

Squire Zihr,

I appreciate your input but that is the most important point. These people are citizens of Erabella caught up in war. They've done what they thought was right. If they come to us then nothing we can do will compare to they agony they've already been through. They are the people we fight for and we will treat them as such. I'm done taking sides in a war that is already done.

Zen Mallowbrooks

Zen,
I hears what you is saying but I don't think it speaks fors us all. I aggrees wit my fellow Squire we cannot as adventurers make such an offer as dat no harm will come to dem. We can say as adventurers we will not harm dems but we needs justice for Sir Daniels and the Duke. It is not are place to make statements for da coalition and ranking nobility and leadars. We serve at there pleasure and at them askin us toos. Make Erabella Great Again....MEGA...I like it it has a good ring to it. But we cannot make it great by just throwing out law and order.

Squire Bruisey.

We are not speaking for the coalition or nobility and I am certainly not saying that we ignore heinous actions that threaten the stability of the land. We are the adventurers of Erabella and we have to act as such. This is my promise to the people of this land. Squire Zihr, Squire Bruisey. I will take responsibility for this. You have trusted me this far. I ask that you at least trust me until we can speak face to face again.

Zen Mallowbrooks

Not to put too fine a point on it, Squires, but in the eyes of the Royalists most of those we'd call adventurers are absolutely murderers, thieves, and outlaws.

The law lies as always in the hands of the winners on any given battlefield.

-Nikolai

Nikolai,
I total understands what you are sayings. I struggled long and hard over what to do when Beryl stole from a Count 2 markets ago. I originally covered for him and didn't tell the Count the whole truths. I den came back to the Count hat in hand and told him I had made a mistakes, and needs to be honest. It was very tough fors me to do dat because I was an adventurer before being a Squire. But da rules is da rules even if da winners Is da ones written dems

Squire Bruisey.

Back