Proposed Camp Cleaning Plan

Breten

Artisan
So it seems I have been receiving a lot of positive feedback on the ideas for cleaning the camp after the event so I thought I'd start a thread with my proposed ideas/planning.

To start with, we need a list of the areas that require work, and the required work. I will try to catch everything but will obviously miss some things, but that's why the thread's here.

Logistics
This includes hauling all of the NPC & Logistics gear outside and packing the trailer

Celestial & Earth Circles
Breaking down and packing the circle's of power and the contents within

Marketplace
Breaking down and packing the marketplace forge, and workshops

Field Crew
Breaking down the set pieces in the field and doing the walkthrough for things we've missed

Kitchen/Tavern
Cleaning and breaking down the kitchen and tavern

Bathrooms
Cleaning the bathrooms

Bunks
Wiping all of the bunk mats down in each cabin and logistics

Sweeping
Sweeping out the bunks and then logistics

Vacuuming
Vacuuming all of the mats in the cabins, log and the kitchen.

Mopping
Mopping the floor in each bunk and then logistics

So the schedule I have in mind would be like this:

1. We break away from the end of game meeting and proceed to get ourselves showered, and cleaned up, and start clearing the cabins of our personal items and garbage. This includes the NPC's clearing their personal stuff out first.

2. Break into cleaning squads, the groups responsible for breaking down the set pieces head off to do their thing, and then comb the field, while the Log Team heads to log and starts clearing out Log. Kitchen and Batroom teams head off to start their cleaning.

3. The Teams handling the bed mats, sweeping, and vacuuming work their way through the cabins. Ideally the mop crew will start after the first cabin has been cleared, and follow along being a cabin or two behind. PC cabins will be done first, then kitchen, with Log last. If Log isn't cleared yet those teams will help clear everything out so they can get their task finished.

4. As teams complete their tasks they will head off to aid in other tasks at the Tavern, Log or Bathrooms.

Ideally, I think either having a sign up sheet at log or being assigned a spot when you get there, and are assigned your cabin, would be the best way. Obviously for the most part once we get everyone assigned the first time, we can keep positions or re-assign as needed. There will be times when somone may not make it out to an event, so we will have to adjust when needed.

I think we have some good Team Leads already in place for each task as well. We can also use this spot to start filling in a preference and I can plan out the teams in advance and we can shuffle as needed at events.

Logistics
Cory, Gwen & Shauna

Celestial & Earth Circles
Rory & Aaron

Marketplace

Field Crew
JP

Kitchen/Tavern
Lorne

Bathrooms
Brooke

Bunks

Sweeping

Vacuuming

Mopping

So if anyone has anything to add or suggest, or wants to volunteer for a spot this is the place to do it. I'm sure I've missed some areas that will need to be addressed.

Just a note: Log has its own brooms and vaccum (that cannot be removed). Mopping in log cannot be done with the same water as the rest of the cabins, due to the laminate (not lino)floor and heating being under the floor. It has to be hot water only. Details that can of course be worked out at the time since mopping log is always the very last thing to be done, next to the replacement of the floor mats.

Bob also let us know that the big drain outside, behind the hall, by the firepit, is where we should be dumping the mop water so we don't kill the grass or the bacteria in the septic field.

Also, Cory usually oversees anything being packed up in the field then goes on to pack the trailer (hopefully this will soon be replaced by the storage container). Shauna, Kristen and myself usually oversee NPC camp, with Shauna checking cabins. Brooke does a wonderful job leading the bathroom team.

Suggestion for the teams, I think the best way would be volunteer first, and if no one does, random draw (less those already assigned).

Shauna is working on sing up sheets that will be posted at Log. Sign up for the work you want to help with.

Also going up is a sign up sheet for dishes after each meal. That way folks can start working on them when they are finished eating.

One thing I would like to suggest is that perhaps you can sign up and choose what you want after you get all your stuff packed (IE - report to log after packing for your duties). This way, the 'mop' crew doesn't finish their packing and have to wait until the sweepers do their thing, the sweepers and moppers would be assigned last?

I volunteer for Bathrooms, regardless.

Our lovely LOG lady , Shauna is working on sign up sheets that each player can put their name on when they arrive at camp. We will get this this all sorted out ASAP!

OK, I am almost done my sign up sheet. What I need are volunteers in the following categories for TEAM LEADS. This person will be responsible for ensuring the volunteers in their section have completed the task(s) assigned, coordinating with the Lead in another area (ie: tavern or logistics) if help is needed so their team can get to work, and report back to myself and/or Cory that everything is done.

MarketPlace
Bunks
Sweeping
Vacumming
Mopping

Get your name in as soon as you can please so I can finalize my sign up sheet. :thumbsup: Please note that it would be nice if our Team Leads remained the same each event through the year. This isn't necessary, but it does make it a bit easier for planning :)

Otherwise, Brett your list was pretty much spot on and your suggestions for the order in which to do things was practically perfect! :yes:

Thanks all!!!!

Sign me up for the bunks lead.

Shauna,

I intend to be there for all weekends of the season so I shall be able to help with this.

Please sign me up as a lead of marketplace.

Being at the marketplace I can help with different task around log, tavern etc as per needed.

Cheers,
Philippe

I'll take the Sweeping lead.

Thanks Shauna, I tried to get it all.

I am willing to clean the washrooms.

I am also able to wash dishes during/after meals, as I do not participate in the meal plan and thus am free to do other things.

I thought this was a very successful practice! I hope that it streamlined things enough for everyone.

I think it did. Things seemed to go faster/smoother, but there's definitely some areas Shauna and I noticed that could use some tweaking.

agreed. Some things can be "lumped together" as was talked about and other areas need to have a bit more added to them (the palisade wall for one).

Once we are settled back at the LYC for the season, packing up will be even easier as we just march everything over to the SeaCan and pack it away.

We should try to get the "area heads" together some time in the next week to go over what can be tweaked while it's fresh in everyone's mind.

I dunno, my schedule is pretty full right now, lol. :funny:

Breten said:
I dunno, my schedule is pretty full right now, lol. :funny:

Lazy unemployed bum

A team lead meeting is a good idea. How many of us will be at the store on Saturday for the b-day party? Perhaps we can sit most of us down for a few minutes around then?

I wanted to attend the birthday event but I will be out of Calgary. Would it be possible to let me know the big lines of what was discussed. I should be able to read my email beginning to late afternoon on Saturday. (if I have access to internet)

Wish you have a great time

Back