Prospective player(s)

Valiant

Hey all,

My name is Sam, I'm from Colorado but currently stationed in monterey for the Air Force. I used to play in NERO Empire (the bad kind of NERO) and am just looking to get back into LARPing now that I am starting to have a bit more time on my hands and all of my friends back home are starting to play in the new Denver Alliance chapter. I have tried to scour the site, but it isn't really a wealth of information for a new player. I am thinking about trying to make it to the November game (or an October game if one appears) with some of my buddies.

Mostly I am wondering if someone might be able to contact me with any pertinent information about joining the game, especially anything about being able to transfer character from other games. I recall a rumor I had heard around 10 years ago about Alliance chapters allowing character transfers from NERO International, but honestly have no idea if that was a thing.

If someone can hit me up at samflewis (at) gmail (dot) com, I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,

Sam

Sam,
Glad to hear you are interested.
There is a game this weekend, October 13th. It's a Maelstorm game. We have two campaigns here, Maelstorm and Twinspire, they take place in 2 different world with 2 different plot teams. Many people play in both.

-Paul

Awesome! I am gonna see if I can make it happen for this Saturday!

Is this event also at Cutter Scout Reservation?

Stulstaft park in Redwood city.
It is where we play our day events (generally).
Cutter is where we play our weekend events.

Information on the event:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17792

Valiant said:
Awesome! I am gonna see if I can make it happen for this Saturday!

This weekend's event is actually on Sunday, for the record. I wouldn't want your first event to be an extremely lonely one. :)

The game was cancelled due to not enough people being available. :(
Sorry, that's the first time that's happened.

A lot of the larp crowd likes to also work haunts... which of course are busier on weekends. So, it's not terribly surprising, just disappointing. If you go back through the announcements for some years, you'll notice we've generally avoided scheduling October games... I guess we just needed to be reminded why. :sweat:

Back