Pssst!

Lurin

Duke
all the cool kids are coming to the Minnesota march 15th tourney... :geek:

don't tell anyone, but i'll prolly be there ('course, calling me a kewl kid is stretching the definition a touch)

Tatianna and I will see what we can do. ;)

No.......The real cool kids are going to the Traverse City day event.

I'm sorry but i can't afford another trip to the west coast.

Psss...I heard that the taverse city ppl eat babies raw! how terrible! minnesota cooks them first :p

Kevar,

Most of the Chicago base is too experienced to come play in MN, sadly. So, we go spend our Alliance dollars elsewhere. Your chapter is closer to us than TC... but there, we can play our characters at full strength, and bring our magic items. MN is choosing to run a different style game, and that's their choice, and I wish them the best. I don't think many of us will drive that far to NPC, though.

Stoneskull, I know that you have decided not to come up due to our restrictions, and thats fine. However, I don't think you should be so quick to speak for all of Chicago players. Regardless of where people decide to go play, I hope everyone has a great time!

Lurin said:
Stoneskull, I know that you have decided not to come up due to our restrictions, and thats fine. However, I don't think you should be so quick to speak for all of Chicago players. Regardless of where people decide to go play, I hope everyone has a great time!

David,

Why would players want to drive at least eight hours if they can't play their characters? Out of all of the midwest chapters, yours is the only one with limits on build, and a zero tolerance policy on magic items. Magic items are one thing, but a level cap of 10? If someone's been playing a little more than a year, they can't go to your chapter. I know you want to protect your players and your plot, but it really hurts the whole concept of the Alliance, where characters are supposed to be able to travel to other lands, and adventure in strange and faraway lands. Also, it makes bad business sense. Why limit your potential customer base? Sure, limit magic items, that's your right... but don't limit level.

Rob

Rob, it's simple, make a Minnesota alt - is what i, and a few others, are doing. in many ways, it's even MORE fun playing in a low-level game. running with an APL 25 game, i often don't feel the true weight of adventure; when there's three life-spells (if that) to split among 15 pcs, it makes conflict that much more heightened and each goblin cave is a harrowing experience. they'll lift the cap in time, just like NERO Detroit did way back when, and then Minn will be just like every other chapter. but, until then, it's fun to really feel the razor's edge with each encounter

Togashin said:
I'm sorry but i can't afford another trip to the west coast.

S'alright. Maybe we'll see you at one of our summer events sometime. We'll be happy to see you whenever you feel like you can journey to our neck of the woods...

Mobius said:
Rob, it's simple, make a Minnesota alt - is what i, and a few others, are doing. in many ways, it's even MORE fun playing in a low-level game. running with an APL 25 game, i often don't feel the true weight of adventure; when there's three life-spells (if that) to split among 15 pcs, it makes conflict that much more heightened and each goblin cave is a harrowing experience. they'll lift the cap in time, just like NERO Detroit did way back when, and then Minn will be just like every other chapter. but, until then, it's fun to really feel the razor's edge with each encounter

John,

I just don't want to make a 4th character... :)

I may eventually go out there to support MN and because I have faith Dave's storyline would be really fun. I agree that an occasional weekend of Lowbie Nero would be a blast for me. I think the main issue is with the fact that I can't grab Jehan, or D and cut em to a hundred build to play. I would really love to play one of those 2 at 100 build and could even live without the MIs for a day. Heck I know thats the case for a fair number of the chicago players. If we could get that one issue out of the way.. I'll start organizing an exodus out to MN for 1 event this yr to have a back to the basics event I think it would be a blast... not to mention help us support MN a bit more.

Paul

Worfin,

I want to go to SF... We will most likely make a trip out there next season. If I could I would take 2 weeks off work and hit all three WC chapters back to back to back and visit the area during the week.

Paul

Sorry, but I'm going to be at my Home Chapter for that day, gonna take off work to go up north and see by buddies...

Vick

Going to be making a toon to play in MN. Since Tara and I live in IA MN is the next closed chapter to us, and being new to the game it's all good.

Robbie,

Im pretty sure you and Tara can play your characters in MN.

AllianceCHI said:
Robbie,

Im pretty sure you and Tara can play your characters in MN.

This is true lol

Pyro727 said:
Going to be making a toon to play in MN. Since Tara and I live in IA MN is the next closed chapter to us, and being new to the game it's all good.

Wait, more Iowans? Do I know you? ;)

Back