Publicity Committee Seeking Members

Morganne

Fighter
Hello Alliance!

With the recent formation of a new Alliance Publicity Committee, we are actively seeking Alliance players that are interested in being involved. We're both soliciting volunteers to actually be on the committee itself, and also volunteers that would be interested in playing a "contributor" role (such as design projects, artwork, camera work, etc.).

We are particularly seeking new members from the Midwest and West Coast, although all qualified applicants will be given fair consideration and opportunity to contribute to this new endeavor.

If you are interested in joining the committee, please send me a message with the following:

-Home Chapter
-Reason for wanting to join the committee
-Relevant experience
-Ideas to help improve Alliance Publicity

If you're interested in playing a contributor role, please PM:

-Home Chapter
-Type of role desired
-Experience in that arena

I have a player who has been talking to me about creating a series of videos for publicity and instruction. Some of his ideas are vidoes showing:

How to make a legal weapon.
How to make packets.
How to pre-reg for an event.
How to go through check in and what's expected.
What you should bring to an event.
Etc...

Also, he wants to do interviews with players and Characters and take footage of events.
All of this is with the intention of having them downloadable on youtube or similar sites.

I will talk to him about this committee and see if he wants to join. I think a lot of these ideas would work better for Alliance as a whole than just for my chapter.

How To? Sounds like HOWCAST (http://www.howcast.com/). While youtube is a powerful place ... it is very cluttered. I'm not saying we should ignore youtube -- but maybe we can branch out. These ideas for a HOW TO video is perfect for HOWCAST. Check it out.

Awesome ideas!!

There is no reason not to post videos on both sites though.

Youtube is very cluttered, yes, but it's also the most likely place to get noticed. I'd highly recommend putting anything we plan on doing video-wise out there on Youtube as part of the publicity work. It's also extremely easy to embed Youtube video into an existing page, so that's another plus.

Artos said:
Youtube is very cluttered, yes, but it's also the most likely place to get noticed. I'd highly recommend putting anything we plan on doing video-wise out there on Youtube as part of the publicity work. It's also extremely easy to embed Youtube video into an existing page, so that's another plus.
Ondreij said:
I'm not saying we should ignore youtube -- but maybe we can branch out. These ideas for a HOW TO video is (are) perfect for HOWCAST. Check it out.
:lol: Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded. :lol:
- Yogi Berra

Back