Purple Names on board?

Toddo

Knight
NEPA Staff
Marshal
What's that about?

Newly registered people, or people under <y> number of posts?

As far as I can tell, there's only one.

He/she must feel special.

I've seen two, one's an old timer, the other's brand new.

That was my original thought, but three things derailed me:
Paladins are Green, as global mods.
While some of the "local Moderator" groups are listed in Purple, the "moderator group" project seems to have been dropped a long time ago, as not every chapter has their new mod group set up.
I'm a local mod, and my name isn't purple. (Though to be fair, this could be a consequence of #2.)

People become purple if they are
1. A moderator on a local chapter mod group. (this is not the same as the paladin global mods). They only may moderate the chapter to which they belong.
2. Have chosen to make that moderator group their default user group.

- Jeremy
Forum admin

obcidian_bandit said:
That was my original thought, but three things derailed me:
Paladins are Green, as global mods.
While some of the "local Moderator" groups are listed in Purple, the "moderator group" project seems to have been dropped a long time ago, as not every chapter has their new mod group set up.
I'm a local mod, and my name isn't purple. (Though to be fair, this could be a consequence of #2.)

At this point all chapters should have all their mod groups set up and complete. If they are not they should contact me, so that they can be set up properly.

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
As far as I can tell, there's only one.

He/she must feel special.

there can be only one....

Jevedor said:
2. Have chosen to make that moderator group their default user group.

Curiosity: How does one do that?

It's local mods, I can be purple in theory now.
Anyways, you have to be the group leader, then you go to User Control Panel > User Groups > Manage Groups > Manage Users (of the appropriate group) > Pick the user by checking the box > Select "Make Group default for member" > Submit
They'll now have an appropriate colored name to match the group.
It doesn't seem like users can select their own 'default group' to opt in to a color. Interestingly enough, as a group leader, I can't influence other group leaders, and therefore cannot change my own color. I didn't really want to, but I thought that that was weird.

Back