Puttering about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyra

Artisan
With the rush of the weekend behind her, Kai gets back into the swing of 'regular life', such as it is in the Lux. She tends to her chickens, delivers some eggs to the tavern, and gets a start on her laundry.

Kai pins the last of her clean wet socks to the washing line, just as a crack of thunder sounds from the south. The hazy gray clouds from over the horizon have skuttled across the sky with alarming speed and are now looming close. "Oh bother!" Kai looks up, scowling, at the approaching rain. "Well I guess these socks are going to get an extra rinse then."

Myrdin was out for a walk in the Lux, trying to acquaint himself with its mysterious roads. He'd gotten lost a few times in the days since he arrived with his companions. He seemed to get turned around again and again, but he did seem to find his way back to his residence. As he continued his walk, he saw Kai putting up her laundry. Walking over to her hut, he called, "Kai. Good day. I heff gotten a bit turned around, but I was hoping I'd find you some time. When last we spoke, you mentioned you'd train me in alchemy, and I heff acquired book if you are still willing." He pulled out a small leatherbound book. "I hope this is large enough."

Kai looks at the book. "I think it should be, enough to get you started anyways." Kai glaces up at the sky, then back at Myrdin. "If you want me to walk you through some basics, we can go to my workshop." The breeze gusts, jangling the laundry line. Kai jerks her head back, narrowly avoiding getting slapped with a wet sock. "I'm so done with laundry" she says flatly.

Excitedly he spoke, "Yes, is good to start with basics. I did heff master once. She taught me a few basics, maybe yours are different. I am heppy to learn." Looking up to the sky then back to the laundry. He looked puzzled for a second, before shrugging. "Yes, is task that must be done, whether want to or not. I knew man on ship that never do laundry. Everyone heppy when he gone." He smiled briefly, then furrowed his brow. "Uh, if you need help, I can do. I am not familiar with Lux yet, where is workshop?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back