pvc armor question

John

Artisan
If you made or had armor made of sch 40 PVC , What would you say that it was made from in game? I intend on making some samuri armor out of PVC cut into slats. I am gonna paint it up with some black appliance paint. I just had no idea what to call it in game.

Bamboo? A special treated bone? Some funky plant stalk?

People.

People formerly known as your enemies.

Lamellar.

All great ideas but I think "People" is a little outside my zone. lol Lamellar might work but that is a pattern not a material. Since I will have no blacksmith skill and be a soldier, I guess if I can't come up with something I could say...(shrug)..."I dunno I just fight in it" or "What they issued to me.".

I use a thick plastic for my armor. I think its similar to what your talking about. I paint mine and use it as "metal" armor. Its always counted as 2 point armor (depending on the thickness) and I use metal rivets (which might add some but I'm not sure) If you have questions about building it message me!

Yes, lamellar is a pattern. Samurai armor heavily incorporates lamellar. They used multiple types of materials.

upload_2015-5-16_15-33-52.png

I found a web site with PDF and pattern. He made his out of the diamond plate looking floor foam. I split and flattened it out some 4 inch PVC pipe I had to make the slats.

Last edited:
I suggest that the natural material most similar would be chitin, or a chitinous compound. Because chitin is found in so many different creatures, the in game source could plausibly be from any of a wide variety of options, allowing you to name a source that suits the environment and circumstances that best fit the story you have in mind.

Thank you Dan. That is just what I was looking for. That will work out perfectly. And Thank you all for your suggestions.

Armor should be rated on what it looks like, not what its made from. That stuff looks awesome.

I agree with Matrim, but then again, I believe in the 10 foot rule. If you can't tell at 10 feet that it's not real, than it passes with me. I love doing suede with pockets and using plastic chips in the pockets to be "metal" just to reduce the weight and cost

Back