Question

Hey there, Taog! I'm the new player representative for Seattle!

We used to have game-day events, a long time ago, and then they fell from use. They came back a few years ago, but they ended up being lackluster for a number of reasons, due to location/staffing difficulties. Also, many of our players come from all parts of the West Coast, so the only players who generally were able to participate happened to be the local ones.

TL;DR, there were too many pain points for a game that ended up only being a few hours long, and ultimately, they fell into disuse again. To my knowledge, there's not currently a plan to resurrect them.

We totally understand the difficulty you have. Would you be open to coming to one of our standard events, even if you wouldn't be able to attend the entire thing? We'd love to have you. :)

If you just want to check us out and see if we're worth the time (we totally are!), maybe you could get in contact with our Plot team and possibly do a part-time NPC'ing bit?

What is the flexibility of attending events? I could see going to a weekend event on a Saturday, arrive around 9 and play until 5, but how does that work around plots schedule? I don't remember how logistics sets up their time but I do recall standing in line a long while. I understand this is a bit vexing to determine, but I'm wondering if I couldn't get a group together who share several of my restrictions and plan to jumo in on a shorter but hopefully RP heavy tume slot. What do you think? How do the 9 till 5 hours look on a typical Saturday?

Paging @MaxIrons

Ben is a member of our Plot staff, and probably the most active one on the forums. I'll let him answer that! :)

Edit: Note that Plot schedules can become harried during an actual event. So nothing is ever guaranteed. Also, note that your experience can differ between NPC'ing and PC'ing, meaning that between 9 and 5, you might have a bunch to do as an NPC, but you might have a harder time getting yourselves introduced and involved in an eight hour window as a new PC (at least to our chapter, if you play in others), when people are usually in "Time To Go Investigate Stuff" mode. Because of this, I would -highly consider- NPC'ing, in order to avoid feeling left out as a PC. But our Plot team is pretty solid, and maybe they can work something out for you and your crew.

Back