Questions from New(mostly) players

sumerik

I sent an email to an address I found on a cache'd copy of the website, when it was down earlier, but I realize it's the day before the event, and the people that respond to that address may have their hands full, so I figured I'd post here in the hopes that somebody may check and be able to answer the questions:

1. Check In time? We have a group of 4+ people that are interested in coming to the event, but may possibly be arriving at various times Fridya evening / possibly some on saturday afternoon. Would this be an issue?

2. I played once in Nero Detroit, 2 years ago, so I'd understand if I had to pay, but I didn't see anytihng about the first time being free for new people anymore, this will influence the decision of some of the people, as most of them have never tried Nero.
(I had a ton of fun the first time I came, and have done a good job convincing them, but they would like to know wha to expect $ wise.) Also, is there a membership fee?

3. Sleeping arrangements, I thought I saw that the sleeping space may be limited, and to bring pads, bags, etc...Can we also bring tents?

4. Any Donations needed? (Found the answer to this one.)

5. Flat foam weapons allowed? All of us have played various other larps, and already have our own weaponry/costuming, so need to know what to bring. ((Found the answer to this one.)

6. Can we NPC a bit at first to get us familiar with the rules?

7. Camp Directions / Address? I know it's in Brighton, that's about it... A Nature Sanctuary I think? (Found the answer to this one.)

I would like to know the answer to his second question, as well. I came to one event in 2006, so I know that I would have to pay, but I have a few friends who have never been LARPing at all; would they have to pay?

Back