Quick Newbie Question

Hi, first time poster. I am planning on beginning LARP this year, starting at the Castle event. I think I may be able to slap together a costume using a few tutorials found around here for pretty cheap, but I am not sure I can fabricate an approved weapon in the time I have available. I was browsing around, and found this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hero-s-E...75035&wl11=online&wl12=54059868&wl13=&veh=sem (sorry, I don't know how to shorten links...)

Would this be an MN Alliance approved weapon, or should I keep looking. Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Our system favors a "boffer" style weapon made from pvc and pipe foam, the rule book is pretty clear on the construction of that type of weapon.

We allow and encourage other weapon types, such as the foam sword in your link. However, all of those sorts of weapons are approved on a case by case basis, and must be handled by a weapon marshal before they can be approved. Without actually holding the weapon in hand and being able to judge its construction and qualities we couldn't say for certain whether it would be allowed or not. Sort of a buyer beware situation, it's a good price and the length seems good for a longsword in our system, but a marshal would still need to test it before you could play with it.

-Josh C

I know I have an extra boffer or two laying around if you find yourself in need.

-Sid

Don't take this as anything official, but I'd be very wary of a sword you can buy from Walmart.

Back