Reaching Out To Ashbury

stonegolem

Scholar
Marshal
Mist Walkers,

It was my intent to walk among you once more, but it appears the Mists are fickle. Obnoxiously so.

I am Otho, the sorcerer, from the village of Oldcliffe in the kingdom of Nine Towers. Some of you have met me. I had walked through the Mists in hopes of quelling my fears that one or more breachspawn from our realm had invaded yours. Instead, I have found myself in a terrible place called Caldaria, where fae beings rule at whim and dragons set magic-devouring monsters upon us to teach us lessons about relative levels of power.

I send you this warning: should you encounter a breachspawn, be it from our lands or no, destroy it before it can take possession of your resurrection circle. All other conflicts pale before this imperative. Should the spawn possess your circle, it will use the spirits of the dead to bring more of its ilk into this world. This must never happen!

While the Mists are clear and my dreams are free, I will endeavor to make myself available to anyone who can reach me for questions. I wish you the best of luck.

Bala, if you can hear me, I am searching for you. Do not be afraid.

*A small voice, timid and afraid chimes through*

"What is this? Why do I hear you in my dreams Otho? Can others hear us?

If they can... Please hear me. My name is Drekken Tornth, Senior Acolyte of the Venificus Order. I have devoted my life to destroying breach spawn, necromancers, and any who would seek to transposess another. I have talked with many Mist Walkers and I have heard your strange tales of lizards bigger than barns or bacon bearing trees. Know this. The breach spawn are worse than any of those tales. I can see a barn lizard coming. I can't see my best friend for the elemental inside him that controls his shape. Beware the breach spawn."

Otho! Lost you in mists, left behind in Oldcliffe. No more signs of the breachspawn Captain, the walking deadmen, or the Venificus from Trimore. Pack is well, don't die.

Hello, Otho.

Do be safe; the skies are clouded where your path lies ahead and the sun has fallen red at the horizon.

I will have tea ready for you when you return.

Jansii

Otho, we met when you came to Ashbury, my name is Chulainn and I have some information for you. I'll send you a private dream.

What is a Brachspawn? Does it breach your ship? I think if anything is taking control of our resurrection circle, we must hope it takes a circle in the Vakkar isles, because it would have no dead to turn against us except those too old and weak to fight. I am on the mainland though, and I think that there are too many dead in these people's circle for even Abbath to kill. Maybe it will find an Evorran circle, and all of the dead from within it will be too cowardly to fight.

Jorma Raskstal

Jorma,

You just struck the first blow against an entire duchy. Should the strength of your arm exceed the girth of your balls I look forward to telling my children the tale.

Dorgun of the Osprey

This is the part where anyone in my service ceases making taunts in the dream realm. I do not expect to repeat myself about that.

Otho, should you find yourself in Tar'Nivaria again I shall assist you in whatever way I can. By breachspawn I am to assume you mean extraplanar creatures such as elementals and fae? I have never known them to have such powers of possession here, but I thank you for your warning all the same and shall keep a weather eye out for them.

An ale or wine in Brittingcrest when next your here.

Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer

M'lord,

I was utterly in earnest. There was no mockery there. He offered insult to those he sees as enemies, I wished him good fortune in dealing with the consequences. Should he succeed he will bring much honor to himself and his tribe.

Dorgun the cultural explainer Osprey

Ahhhh, damnable fae. That would make plenty of sense. Kill them also.

-Jorma Raskstal

Also, I think I was the one being yelled at. I'll just get back to pointing my boat the right direction so that Sir can kill his opponents of choice.

-Jorma

Wise choice. Your learning.

Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer

Otho,

I also will buy you a drink wherever we may meet up.

Those listening,

The warning Otho speaks of, of Things that are capable of hijacking a Greater Earth Circle, his fears of these traveling the mists may not be entirely unfounded. Please stay vigilant of your invested members and those that you recognize into and out of the circles.

Boss,

I've got questions. Otho needs answers. I'll provide a full report if and when I make it to Fairedale.

Live to tell the tale,
-Stephano Hallik

(Izima growls something like a shriek into the dream.)

OTHO WHERE ARE YOU

WHY IS YOUR VOICE IN MY HEAD

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

STOP GO AWAY I HATE IT SHUT UP

Otho, I'm glad to hear you well, I wait to see you back in Oldcliffe. As Bala said, for now all quiet. To all da hear dis dream, my name is Hogrim Earthblade. I'm da captain of the town guard of Oldcliffe. We have seen things here in Oldcliffe that we have never encountered before, Otho has traveled the mist to try and find some answers, if you meet him in his travels please speak with him, or you can reach out to me here in da dreamscape. Stephano be safe, I look forward to see you again in Oldcliffe.

Back