Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Artisan
Rebirth questions, so I know the answer when if/when it comes up:

Character with Rebirth gets engulfed. The creature is not taken down by the time 'Activate Rebirth' takes effect.

1) Am I alive and kill the creature, because my body is reconstructed inside it?
2) Will rebirth buy me another 5 minute 'death count' as if i was lifed and instantly killed again? (leaning towards this one)
3) Will it do absolutely nothing, so I mind as well not blow my rebirth charge?

Similar scenario, this time I am hit by the 'create undead' spell, and still an undead at the end of my death count.

1) Will rebirth wait until I'm 'dusted', and instantly life me (getting around the time count restriction, but following the 'intent' of rebirth)? (leaning towards this guy - also because of the low level of create undead)
2) Buy me another 5 minute death count (though while undead, I'm technically immune to life)?
3) Absolutely nothing, don't bother wasting the charge.

Another question:

I memorize a Rebirth effect, I have a 4 block and use one of my 9th level spell slots. By the next logistics period I have still yet to 'rebirth'. Do I get 4 9th level spell slots, or 3? If 3, would the same be true if I did use rebirth?

If you do not use your rebirth, the 9th level slot is still 'taken up' by rebirth, but you do not have to repurchase it. If you had used your rebirth, you would have all four slots available.

Scenario one

Check with your local chapter, I'm putting my money on a reset of the death count as you are lifed, but then immediately kbed again being engulfed.

Scenario two.

Life would be ineffective here, as you are still animated. (rebirth is alas, not perfect) Alas your rebirth would also be spent as it disappears in the event that your Rez

What David mentioned is correct on both counts.

Justin H-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back