Reducing armor value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay

Back in The Day, if one had an armor tag worth 30 points and wanted to use it with a 26 point rep, one just ripped four points off the tag.

Now, however, an armor tag just says "30 pts" (or whatever) on it. If we want to reduce its value to match an armor rep, how should we go about this?

Oh man, I got through "Back in the Day" and was still hoping that you were going to make an argument for going back to a 22 point armor cap. :thumbsup:

To answer your question, the book still claims that you can tear a tag down (p.80) but I'm not actually sure that that's not old wording. At some point, I wouldn't be surprised if the "Just tear it down" solution didn't go away, but for now, you can do it. I'd suggest taking it to logistics and exchanging it for a new tag. I guess that means that you can't use it until you've run it through a logistics cycle, but that's true of other loot (some magic items), so it's not really a stretch.

~Matt,
SEA/OR Marshal

Upvote 0
I think a lot of chapters stopped printing long "rip-off" style tags because it uses more paper. Ask a local logistics person to hand you a new reduced value one, or if they're ok with writing the new reduced value on it.

Upvote 0
Or mark it down on the tag and have a marshal sign off on it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back