Regarding Artifacts

I've done some experimenting with the Shards of Arden, and I found that my previous expertise in handling Creation is heavily applicable to the use of Shards, as they function off the same magical primer and share a common source. In fact, I've succeeded in creating an Artifact using the shards' power and my expertise, and as a means of further research, I will be offering my services as an Artificer. It's become exceedingly clear that in these new lands, Artifacts will be the key to furthering one's combat strength beyond their current limits. If any adventurers have the desire to possess such an object, I can create it for you with enough Shards of Arden. Contact me through dreaming if you are interested, as the Artifact's traits will need to be meticulously planned. As a final thought, be assured that this method will be much safer and reliable than foolishly throwing yourselves into Fey Games.

- Velnaeus Xevaz of the Seekers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask that everyone hold off on this for the time being. We still don't know enough about these lands and what may be needed to fix what ever broke them in the first place. We will most deffinatly need shards for this and who knows how many until we learn more about how it happened exactly.

Fredrick Crawford

Velnaeus Xevaz and Fredrick Crawford,

I think that in this case discretion and research should take prescience. There may be a limited number or shards. We as a community know very little about them and if we might need them for a greater purpose.

In this I agree with Fredrick. Research and investigation are key, to ensure that mistakes are not made that could cause greater adverse effects. It is good to know that they can be crafted using nontraditional and non-formal means.

Lady FallingStar

I agree with this assessment as well. For a further explanation, specific materials will be required for certain effects, and more than one shard will be required to produce a satisfactory result. I don't expect anyone to personally accumulate that many for quite some time.

With regards to what we might need them for, I've been studying the mists of this land, and the corrupting effect they have on anything with a spirit. I haven't found much about their origin, but I know that they are indeed of the same source magic as the Mists we travel between worlds. Something IS different about them, this corruption, and once I find out what causes this, we may be able to use the shards to cleanse them.

- Velnaeus Xevaz of the Seekers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back