Review my Project!

photo-main.jpg

Hi ! im a blacksmith and lately ive been minting fantasy style coins. im looking to get some feedback and opinions and such. what do ya think!?

You uh... You posted this how many times?

Three times. You posted it three times.
What are those made from, while I'm here?

I smelt down raw ingots of zinc, the same thing current U.S. coin currency is made mostly of, so they have a familiar "money" sound when they jingle together. they are quite thick and heavy and for this project i used only primitive methods in there minting to give them a nice realistic fantasy feel. Quite useful for hiring mercenaries!
035ac1ab4b7f81b04724b9b2d49455f3_large.JPG

6d0eb9d673ab60f2ab65a97f964e1d7a_large.JPG

Well, they're cool, but not likely useful for anything in Alliance except maybe as props, plot items, or a shadow currency.

Shadow currency sounds like an awesome band name, and a great idea. What do you charge for these?

Shadow currency and the lords of the underworld opening for Explosion Factory, one night only. it kinda depends on how many you want. the more ore i can get in bulk the cheaper they ultimately can be, coal for the forge and such. There are three different sizes by the way, like large medium and smalls. i kept the design purposefully ambiguous so you can come up with whatever meaning you want in them.

i do have a kick starter, but i think with custom orders i can give a slightly better price for them. buying raw ore is tricky with market prices and what mine its coming from and whatnot.

It might be cheaper buying already processed ingots and starting there. If you think of a price, and can do custom stamps, I may very well hit you up

Before bringing these into game as any form of currency I would check with your local plot team. They are super awesome though.

As far as I'm aware you can assign anything an arbitrary value (as discussed with food in the other topic). What about assigning these a value and treating them as a parallel currency would require plot intervention? Just curious.

If you want to have any plot/NPC impact, then you should talk to plot about it first. :)

Well, of course. I was more thinking personally introducing a currency as my character, but obviously if I wanted plot to mess with them, I'd go talk to plot.

hey yo. yeah i can do custom designs and sizes n things. even different metals if ya want, i picked zinc because its one of the easier ones to work with and is relatively cheep. also gets a nice matte silver patina that looks cool.

Back