Rewards of Fortannis

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
As promised, at the end of November, for helping to defend the Cave of Chivalry, you have unlocked:

Rewards of Fortannis

These abilities are only good for one logistical period. However, you can purchase them twice to use for both days during an event. If purchasing for one logistical period, you must let logistics know (in advance or at check in) which day you will be using them and note that on your battle board.

The Beasts of Fortannis – 100GS per logistical period

Endow x3 ever (self only)

Proficiency +1

Resist Poison x1

The Blessing of Fortannis (self only) – 100 GS per logistical period

Bless x1

Shield x1

Poison Shield x1

Spell Shield x1

Elemental Shield x1

Magic Armor x1

The Fortannis Avenger – 200 GS per logistical period

Cloak Necromancy x2

Can swing “earth” carrier

The Wisdom of Fortannis (must have read magic or healing arts/first aid) – 100GS per logistical period

Two additional first level spells

One additional second level spell

One additional third level spell

The ability to switch out a higher level spell for a much needed lower level spell. This can only be done once but can be done on the “fly” and must be noted on your battle board.

The Fortannis Elementalist – 200gs per logistical period

Your wands shoot for an additional +1 damage.

Two additional Stone Bolts

One additional Lightning Bolt

One additional Ice Bolt

The ability to switch out a higher level spell for any lower evocation spell. This can be done five times “on the fly” and must be noted on your battle board.

Greetings benevolent overlord! If purchasing one of these rewards, does a person need to pick one ability from under the heading, or do they gain all of the listed abilities?

ex. The Fortannis Avenger
If I purchase for 200gs (400 for the full weekend), do I gain Cloak Necromancy x2 AND Can swing “earth” carrier, or must I choose one of those options?

IMoriarty

Marshal
Another question - are these for April only, are are they here to stay?

IMoriarty

Marshal
Okie dokie. I'll find a place for the on the pre-reg for May.

IMoriarty

Marshal
Oh, hey, can I spend my gobbies to buy these for other players, like buff a newbie?

ravengode

On the Spellcaster buffs, can the switch of spell levels be done on any spell level or just the levels that are covered in the Buff? ex. Only able to swap upto a 3rd for a 2nd, or able to swap a 9th for an 8th?

HalveElven

With the avenger, is that a can swing earth blade at will? For the duration of the logistics period?

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Correct Miguel.

HalveElven

Will these be usable at Nationals?

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Rewards of Fortannis unfortunately will not be available at nationals. The reasoning is it allows Denver players to have an advantage (because we have most of the Denver GS) that other chapters won't have. :/

HalveElven

Good to know. Thanks for the information and prompt response!

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Jesse, should this be removed?