Ring Mesh Sizing

TardiS

So I want to buy a Ringmesh shirt. I'm on their website looking at the measurements and I'm not sure if I should get a large or an extra large. My torso circumference is about 42 inches, which with their recommending leaving some extra room puts me in the large range. However, my arm circumference is 14 inches, which is exactly what they list the arm circumference at for the large.

Does anyone who owns a shirt think I could fit in the large sleeves if my arms are exactly the max size? If I can't do a large I think I may just have to get one that doesn't have sleeves.

Any opinions from people who know how ringmesh fits would rock.

Never worn ringmesh. From all my other, more general experiences though, anything that fits snuggly around a well and often-used muscle like the bicep when not flexed is going to be positively restrictive when flexed, if not break.

I think an important thing to remember as well is you can and sometimes will want to pad under the armor. You can't do that so easy if it's snug as a glove. Putting a tabard over the top to quiet down a looser piece of armor is far easier and cheaper than having a summer and winter set of armor.

You want to err on the side of caution and have more space, especially if you plan on layering clothing beneath chain.

Go as large as you need to, to fit your largest measurement. Ringmesh drapes very well and will "shrink" when hanging. Sizing of ringmesh is how large it will be at a full stretch of the rings. Chest, stomach and sleeves will hang loose down to about half the given dimension

So it would be fine to go with an xl to give, my arms some room even though the torso will be huge?

More than likely

Seconding 'go larger than you need', especially around the arms. I'm having to return a medium (I'm a small guy, 5'5) because it's a little too tight across the shoulders to fight in.

Really they just need to make their arm holes a little bigger. -.-

Magrax said:
Really they just need to make their arm holes a little bigger. -.-
Or you can order a custom-made chain shirt from your friendly, neighborhood Chainmaille Artist, like me :thumbsup:

-Luke

Back