Ritual Services for May Market

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
As another market comes up in 15 days, I wanted to extend the reach of services I can offer to anyone currently holding onto Ritual Scrolls. As we approach the confrontation with the Architect it may be a good idea to get rituals stocked up cast, and what better way to do so than this market?

I have read around 52 tomes of formal arts to perform grand feats of magic.

Ritual Magics:

1) Spellcrafting- 1.5g per level of focus and having the components supplied by you. Should you require components for it, we can come to an agreement. While the Earth Guild has some scrolls for spellcrafting, it would be wise to come prepared with a scroll you wish for me to use.

Ritual Scrolls Available to Spellcraft from: Spirit Link, Monster Slayer, Cloak, Chimeric Spirit, Limited Circle of Power and others.

2) Ritual Casting- 1g per 5 minutes of rituals + 1.5g for each high magic you'd like used. Please provide all components, catalyst and scrolls. 1 free Ritual Manipulation is included at no charge if it can be done per batch of rituals.

3) Study of Earthen Magic- I have the patience to teach two people high levels of Earth Magic to those seeking to further their studies. If you seek First Aid or Healing Arts, I will gladly find someone available to instruct you. Should no one be available, I will most certainly teach you. Likewise, Jamina is also available.

4) Purifying of Necromatic Catalyst- Through intense focus, I can channel Necromatic Catalyst and mend them into other magical objects.

All proceeds will go towards the further development of Horizon and surrounding area in the Valley of Solace.

Thank You,
Lord Asher Oakheart, Healer of the Earth Guild of Gaden

Adventurers,

Lord Asher is a very skilled formalist and his Earthen ritual services are top-notch, but he'll be the first to admit that his knowledge of the Celestial arts is minimal at best. Fortunately, the subject of Celestial Magic is where Shadow's Light thrives, and I offer my magical services to those that need the Celestial touch. While I am more of battle caster these days, I still am able to cast rituals of the 25th tier of difficulty without issue, and if my brother is in attendance, his formal strength is on par with Lord Asher's (though Celestial, of course). With that, I am offering the following services:

1. Ritual Casting: 1 gold per 5 minutes of casting, plus 1.5 gold for each ritual manipulation you would like me to prepare. All scrolls, components, and catalysts must be provided. Additional conditions may apply depending on the specifics of ritual(s) you would like me to cast.

2. Weapons of Tempered Rage: I alone have mastered the art of creating Weapons of Tempered Rage, powerful creations forged from Dragonglass with particular strength against the Corrupt. In fact, it was these very weapons that pierced the Shade's final protections and brought him to his permanent death! If you are interested in the creation of such a weapon for yourself, please contact me privately and we can discuss the necessary materials and costs.

While not a formal service, I am of course always open to rambling my thoughts on magical theory, should anyone have any particular subject they wish to discuss. My studies have been particularly strong on the subject of golemcraft and the Corrupt, but I am also well-versed in general Celestial topics, Sheltered Lands Dragon lore, Chimeric Spirits, the adventurers' previous escapades, and a whole mess of other things.

May your Words have Power and your Memories be Knowledge,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft
The Magus of Tempered Rage
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

Monster Slayer sounds interesting but I am not familiar with such thing.?
-Bruisey

The Monster Slayer Ritual allows you to deal an extra 2, 4 or 6 stones worth of damage against a particular enemy type; example "Cursed" being the Corrupt. It also makes your weapon temporarily magical for the sake of getting through some physical resistances. It does require a component per level to place upon a weapon. This is something either Ilana or Gandian can do as it is Celestial in nature.

While I admit I know a bit of Celestial Magic Theory; I have left that branch of magical wisdom to Ilana, Asura, Gandian, GRONK and Aldorian to figure out.

Also I can assure those that saw me at the day market that I am now green, happy and lively, as opposed to a white and grey withering mess; it was a rough winter...

- Lord Asher Oakheart

Ick sky magics it would be nice to be able to do more damage against the corupt.

-Bruisey

Hey Gandian or maybe Ilana,

GRONK gots a Construct scroll and a Constructed Catalyst. I don't really know what ta do wit a construct but if nuttin' else I can just make it carry my stuff fer a while. I know da Quicksilver Soldier is like da hardest ta make but does dat mean it's gonna be da best choice? Like a Gargoyle or a Diamond Golem seems pretty neat too.

GRONK

Ah, I'm glad you asked, GRONK! Constructs, and particularly Minor and Major (non-Master) Constructs, are my field of specialty through my teachings with my Master! There are a number of things to consider when creating a construct, so allow me to outline some thoughts for you:

The first thing to consider is control over the Construct, regardless of its type. Through the use of the common scroll, Constructs can be controlled only by the caster(s) that formed it. Are you yourself a formalist yet, GRONK? If not and you're close, it might be ideal to wait just a little longer to create your Construct, since if you don't, only I will be able to actually command it with orders. If you are a formalist (or when you become a formalist), you are welcome and encouraged to participate as a secondary caster, which will give you appropriate control as well even if you are only a beginner in ritual magic and unable to cast the ritual with your own formal strength alone.

Next comes the subject of what type of Construct you want to make. The ritual scroll outlines a few defined types with typical traits that scholars have managed to deduce by this point, such as the mentioned Quicksilver Soldiers, Gargoyles, and Diamond Golems. A Quicksilver Soldier is a Construct formed of conjured mercury, its fluid nature actually making it one of the more simple forms to sculpt (in my opinion) due to its undefined outer structure once you can bind the animating force to the core matrix skeleton within it. Mercury is a reasonably dense material, making it quite durable and strong, but its liquid nature also makes it malleable and movable, allowing it be healed by Lightning magics and resistant to many common spell effects, such as Binding and even some other elements. All in all, it's a reasonable choice when casting a Construct from a technical standpoint, but I'll admit that I'm honestly not a huge fan of them. The unstructured, fluid nature of them is not my - for lack of a better term -style, and I find the more defined Constructs to be more appealing.

While many would just read the scroll and assume that one should always cast a Quicksilver Soldier, I am pleased to see you considering other options as people really should! The Gargoyles are a particularly interesting branch of golemcraft in my opinion. Gargoyle are peculiar in that they are golems of reasonably common strength on their own, but when they are bound to a specific task pertaining to their chosen duty, their strength amplifies in order to perform that certain task. You may note that the common scroll mentions such examples as a Gargoyle Guardian of Portals, Guardian of the Tower, Guardian of the Gates, Guardian of the Keep, and the Guardian of Forever, with these giving indications as to where the Gargoyle will be most effective.

For example: If you have a Keep, a Guardian Gargoyle of Portals will be able to defend it, but it is not suited to this chosen task and will always remain a bit under-effective. If you have a Keep and create a Guardian Gargoyle of the Keep, however, this Gargoyle will become very effective and powerful when protecting the Keep in its namesake, for that is the task for which it was designed. My Master used quite a few Guardian Gargoyles of Portals during the final stand against the Empire, using them to great effect to block open portals and prevent Imperial reinforcements from arriving. It should be noted that, while I have never cast one myself, I believe that a Guardian Gargoyle of Forever will be most effective when tasked to protect something that has truly been a constant forever, such as nature or time itself. Creating one of these Gargoyles might be simple enough, but finding the exact task for it that will unlock its true potential may be far more difficult. So, in short, if you have a particular something that needs defending, a Gargoyle can be the perfect minion to do so, but only if it is is appropriately attuned to the location it is set to protect.

Diamond Golems are one of the more flashy Constructs out there, and I think I can say with certainty that almost everyone can admire their value. Of course, it is simply conjured diamond without particular value, but the general concept is nice nonetheless. The most prominent strengths of a Diamond Golem are its sturdy nature and countless reflective facets, making it durable, strong, and powerfully reflective against incoming magical attacks. The primary drawback is that diamond, once broken along its lines of cleavage, is very difficult to restore, making Constructs formed from it impossible to heal by means other than Heal Golem charges. All in all, a good choice, but if you are looking for a long-term minion, one you can heal is always preferred.

Now, the interesting thing about the Construct ritual is how almost all casters tend to overlook what my Master and I consider to be the most exciting, interesting, and useful option on the scroll: You can create a Minor or Major Construct through the base difficulty options of a type that is not otherwise specified. Such Constructs are therefore inherently unique and can vary greatly from design to design, crafted from special materials or created with special abilities or purposes. Want a Construct formed from conjured gold, ice, wood, candy, etc.? That's the way to do it. While the material to create any Construct is typically artificially conjured, any construct (and especially these customized ones) will become more potent as more of their genuine material is utilized in the ritual casting itself. For example, if you are creating a scroll golem (or Scrollem, as I like to call them), the end result will likely be more powerful if you build the Construct with existing scrolls and papers during the casting, rather than relying purely on the artificially fabricated materials produced by the casting. A Construct of artificial metheran is one thing, but a golem of primarily artificial metheran that contains pieces of actual metheran is quite another, and the latter would definitely be preferable.

So there are a few thoughts about Constructs for you to consider. I personally am bias towards the option of creating a Construct of a previously undefined type, though you are of course welcome to do as you wish. If you have any other questions about Minor or Major Construct theory, don't hesitate to ask.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Apprentice to Aleksandr Nitus, Golem Master of the Sheltered Lands

Perhaps you could make one out of the Dragon glass Gandian is able to forge. Seems like a useful one to have around, if it has Shatter properties attached. Though, not sure what your use is; but at the very least, something for Gaden as a whole to consider creating?

- Asher

While the idea of a Dragonglass Golem is very enticing, the properties of Dragonglass may make such a creation more difficult to produce than one would initially hope. Dragonglass absorbs and consumes ritual magic (which is partially why it is so powerful against the Weave network and its Nodes), making casting rituals on or with Dragonglass almost impossible and potentially dangerous from what I can discern. If I were to make a Dragonglass Golem, I would want to use as much genuine Dragonglass as possible for best results, rather than simply relying entirely on the conjured material, but targeting Dragonglass with the formal magic could possibly backlash the ritual the moment I tried. Even if I was able to successfully complete the casting, I am not certain that the Construct would not "eat" its own magic fueling its animation and destroy itself.

All in all, the odds of a Dragonglass Golem don't look good at the moment. But I will certainly ponder the subject further for ideas.

~ Gandian

Maybe GRONK'll hold onto dat for a while. I should be able ta do rituals like next year if I keep workin' at it.

GRONK

Just a reminder:

If you know ahead of time that you would like me to cast a ritual for you that requires special preparations, please contact me prior to the gathering so that I can appropriately prepare my formal manipulations. Even if you do not require any manipulations, if you have a ritual you would like me to cast or would like me to create a Weapon of Tempered Rage, it is appreciated to know ahead of time if possible so that I may plan accordingly.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian,

You gonna be ready ta cast dat Vision dis weekend? I figure we should get dat done pretty early in da weekend.

GRONK

Lord Oakheart,

If you have the time I am nearly ready to begin my foray into Formal Magics and am looking for a teacher.

-Oliver Olwen Oleander

Back