Rules Announcements for 2009-2010

As the 2009 season approaches I have some important rules announcements to make. After a great deal of deliberation we have made some changes to our rules policy concerning certain effects.

1) After first being removed due to customer service issues we are reintroducing the Love effect into the game. As a caveat to this ruling we wish to say in no uncertain terms that if this effect is abused or exploited to the detriment of another player you will be banned from this chapter. This is a Love effect, not a Lust effect. It can be expressed in purely platonic forms. If you feel threatened, nervous, or in anyway uncomfortable about roleplaying this effect, or how someone is roleplaying this effect toward you, all you need to do is contact any staff member or a marshal and we will deal with the situation as necessary.

2) Amnesia will now be creatable by PC's with a special LCO catalyst. The details will be provided in game. Amnesia's from other chapters will still be inert in Deadlands.

3) Monster Slayer Undead will not be stackable with any other aura. (Edit)

Here is an amendment to the Slayer ruling. To simplify things and make a nice easy blanket policy that we feel is fair, we have decided to change our policy.

If you are using a Monster Slayer/Race Reaver you may not combine it with any other carrier, you may only use the magic carrier the ritual provides. All rituals can stay active on the item, but not stackable with the Monster Slayer/Race Reaver. This includes cast blade spells.This is a measure to maintain game balance. At the end of the season we will review this ruling and decide whether or not to keep it in place or repeal it.

4) The Caldaria based Human Enhancement Potions and their effects will be allowed in the Deadlands chapter.

5) Drain Life
Drain Life will be part of the Necromancy group, so if you have cloak/resist/bane necromancy it will work on this effect. If you are hit by the Drain Life effect multiple things will happen. First, you will be Drained, this will not be able to be removed by standard means. A Purify or Dispel will have no effect on Drain Life. Secondly, you will loose 1 Body Point off of your total Body Points every 15 minutes until the Drain Life effect is removed. If you reach -1 body, you will have your one minute bleed out count and your five minute death count for someone to find a way to heal you. After that you will dissipate and ressurect as normal.

Drain Life is curable through a life spell or resurrection.

Example: Character X has 30 body. Character X then gets hit with a Drain Life carrier, he may be immediately healed to full body i.e. 30 though he is still under a Drain Effect. In fifteen minutes if unhealed and he takes no further damage, Character X will have a maximum of 29 body. So yes, it comes off of your max body. So if uncured you will eventually whittle down to a maximum of -1 body, and you will die.

These are the rules for PC built siege weapons in the Deadlands chapter.

1) The physical rep for the weapon has to meet safety standards. Including being sturdy enough to survive use, minimizing pinch points, padding the throwing arm. All siege weapons are safety inspected on a case by case basis and every event. If at any point I deem them unsafe or unsuitable for use they will be pulled from the field. The rep must be at least 3ft by 3ft by 3ft and must actually be able to propel the boulder rep.

2) Base damage will be 4 Massive Mechanical, raised by 2 points for every rank of Craftsman Engineer held by the operator, up to a max of 80. Projectiles may be coated with vorpal coatings to increase damage but no other augmentations may be made. i.e. poisons, blade spells, auras etc. Damage will be taken by anyone the boulder touches until it comes to complete rest. No skills may be used via a siege weapon, ie slay, terminate, or eviscerate.

3) A PC made siege weapon will cost 20 gold to create, though the cost will be reduced by one gold for every rank of Craftsmen Engineer, with a minimum cost of 5 gold.

4) To operate the siege engine you must have at least one rank of Craftsmen Engineer, damage will be calculated by the rank of the current operator with the most ranks of Craftsman Engineer. Two people will be required to operate the siege weapon at any given time. To move the siege weapon, regardless of actual size of the rep, you need four people and may only move at walking speed. The weapon may only be fired every ten seconds regardless of the actual time it takes to load.

5) Ammunition will cost 5 Silver a piece and will be tagged and reusable. They will also be able to be the target of a shatter or destroy spell. Ammunition will need two people to lift, carry and load the weapon. The siege weapon itself will only be vulnerable to destroy spells and will count as strengthened for the purposes of being destroyed by magic. A siege weapon will not be able to be repaired, a new one must be bought at logistics if it is destroyed.

Added for 2010 season-

6)Poison Strike
A Poison Strike is a weapon delievered attack that works similarly to a Spell Strike. Treat a Poison Strike the same as you would treat a gas globe packet attack. All of the same rules apply for the Poison Strike as for the gas globe counterpart. If you are struck by a "Poison Strike Sleep!" you may bane, cloak, resist, dodge, phase or use a poison shield against it.

7)LCO Alchemy
Do not be surprised to see alchemical elixers and gas globes that are not found on the standard alchemy list in the rule book. The Deadlands chapter has put out "Purify Alchemical Acids", for example. An (effect) Alchemical Acid is not a Poison,though it must be delievered with an orange packet. It can be baned, cloaked, resisted, dodged, or phased. Neither spell shield nor poison shield can block an Alchemical Acid of any kind. If you have any doubts as to the legitimacy of an effect, or if you have any problems with a particular alchemcial effect please speak with a marshal ASAP.

If you have any questions about these rulings, or our rules in general, feel free to contact me either on these boards or my gmail account.

Sean Metzler
Deadlands Head of Rules
deadlandsrules@gmail.com

Re: Rules Announcements for 2009

in regards to drain life, does the victim of the effect know it is a drain life effect or does it for all tense and purposes feel like a normal drain.

AKA after being afflicted is it wrong to go up to a healer and tell them I am under the drain life effect and need a life spell or should I RP just feeling drained and be surprised when the purify/dispel does not fix me?

deadlandsrules said:
To move the siege weapon, regardless of actual size of the rep, you need four people and may only move at walking speed.

What if you have monster strength?

What if you use an endow?

Every plus of monster strength will count as an additional person, as will the use of an endow. For example, one person with monster strength +3 can move it by themselves, or two people with endows can move it for five seconds.

Sean M.

Jevedor said:
in regards to drain life, does the victim of the effect know it is a drain life effect or does it for all tense and purposes feel like a normal drain.

AKA after being afflicted is it wrong to go up to a healer and tell them I am under the drain life effect and need a life spell or should I RP just feeling drained and be surprised when the purify/dispel does not fix me?

You will know if you are effected by a Drain Life, and it will be a valid healing arts question.

Sean M.

Will using an endow allow one person to load and fire the siege engine alone?

No, you will always need at least two people to operate the weapon.

Sean M

Sunnfire said:
What if I just supervise while someone else does the work of loading it?

Two people must be "actively" using the siege weapon, that is using no other in game skills for the ten seconds repping the weapon being loaded.

If those two people are hit and or damage while loading it does it break their loading count if they don't drop or use active defensive's? (sorry to get picky... ;) )

Dreamingfurther said:
If those two people are hit and or damage while loading it does it break their loading count if they don't drop or use active defensive's? (sorry to get picky... ;) )
Nope, only if you use in-game skills, think magic storming.

Can the siege engines be the targets of Render Indestructible or Render Indestructible Improved?

Back