Rules Clarifications - August 417 version

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
David used to do these, but I figured I'd quickly address a few things that came up over the game, just so that everyone can be on the same page. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding rules that I can help clarify.

Touching your wand before throwing your packet. Please make sure you are touching your wand before throwing the packet. - Wands - PG 103

Damage is packet-delivered. The wand must be held in one hand. The caster must say “<number> Elemental <element>,” touch the packet to the wand, and throw the packet at the target.

Touching your bow/crossbow before throwing your packet. Just remember that you not only need to have your bow outstretched, but also touch the bow/crossbow and then bring the arrow packet to your chin before throwing. ARB:Archery - PG 83:

Using the skill: When using a bow, the arm holding the bow must be held straight out and aimed at the target. A crossbow may be held with arm bent, but must still be aimed at the target. The arrow or bolt packet must be touched to the bow/crossbow and then brought up to the chin/shoulder area before being thrown. The packet may be held at the chin/shoulder area for as long as desired and then thrown. If the packet leaves the chin/shoulder area, it must be touched to the bow/crossbow again.

Spellcrafting onto an item and whether it makes it indestructible or not. - I know this was a pretty debated argument at game and I'm sorry that not everyone knew the rule ahead of time. Anyway, just to be clear, if you spellcraft something like Monster Slayer onto a blade, it does not confer the indestructible property (for that, the render indestructible scroll has to be spellcrafted). ARB:Magic Items - PG 103:

All items created through the ritual system that last for one year or longer are considered to be indestructible following all rules listed on the render indestructible scroll (other then times ever items and items created through high magic or spell crafting).​

Back